USC QB Sam Darnold and Louisville QB Lamar Jackson are inclined to return to school?

MTJ06

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackson should go back to school.  Darnold is an idiot if he does.

Right now Darnold is probably a lock for either the first or second pick in the draft.  if he goes back, he might be a lock for the 1st or 2nd pick in the 4th round.  Only place in the draft he can move to is down

Just now, flgreen said:

Jackson should go back to school.  Darnold is an idiot if he does.

Right now Darnold is probably a lock for either the first of second pick in the draft.  if he goes back, he might be a lock for the 1st or 2nd pick in the 4th round.  Only place in the draft he can move to is down

Matt Leinert, Jake Locker, and Matt Barkeley would agree. . . . 

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Man Darnold is that scared of the Browns. See what 0-16 seasons do to ya...

The QB class of 2018 are likely not thrilled with the idea of being a Jet either.

The Browns offensive line is better than the Jets.

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The QB class of 2018 are likely not thrilled with the idea of being a Jet either.

The Browns offensive line is better than the Jets.

Oh the 1-31 browns over the last 2 seasons are better then the Jets argument again......I cant even...I cant

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Flashed alright potential at one point though. Believe he ripped the Jets D up once or twice.

I think the Jets ended his career. It's all blurry now but I remember something happening when they played. And I believe that was sorta the end of him.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But NY has the media and cash. Plus they have the appearance of hope

The cash is slotted for a draft pick.  Not to mention the expense of living in NY, and taxes are a big deal

Your really putting the NYC media as a positive for a young QB?  C'mon

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think the Jets ended his career. It's all blurry now but I remember something happening when they played. And I believe that was sorta the end of him.

Here’s from wiki:

On September 29, 2013, in a 38-13 win over the New York Jets, Locker was hit by two Jets defenders and was carted off the field with what appeared to be a serious right leg injury. Initial news reports, from multiple sources, indicated that the injury was to his right hip. Locker, according to a report by the team posted on USA Today, would miss three weeks.

During a November 10 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Locker sustained a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, ending his season.[29]

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh the 1-31 browns over the last 2 seasons are better then the Jets argument again......I cant even...I cant

LOL, you have multiple different arguments you like to combine into one I think. For example, the Browns are in a better position, roster wise and picks, and are better positioned for success than the Jets in the near future. Not including management as that's sort of a toss up. However, as a prospect looking at which franchise they'd rather go to, I'd think almost all would pick the Jets over Browns...because of the market (and personal reasons like, living in Cleveland for example) etc.

That said who cares who is 32nd and who is 31st. 

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

None of those guys had Darnold's arm, skill set though. Side note but if Jake Locker never got hurt i still think he could have been really good. 

That's not the issue being pointed out. The issue is that those 3 QBs I mentioned were all considered potential 1st overall or Top 5 picks if they had left early. Yet, they all stayed and, like @flgreen astutely pointed out, they can ONLY DROP in the draft selection process by staying another year and revealing MORE flaws for critics to OVERanalyze and demerit their draft slot. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

LOL, you have multiple different arguments you like to combine into one I think. For example, the Browns are in a better position, roster wise and picks, to better positioned for success than the Jets in the near future. Not including management as that's sort of a toss up. However, as a prospect looking at which franchise they'd rather go to, I'd think almost all would pick the Jets over Browns...because of the market (and personal reasons like, living in Cleveland for example) etc.

That said who cares who is 32nd and who is 31st. 

IN a vacuum, the Browns are a better position than the Jets. But this aint a vacuum

The thing about Darnold going back is lets say he goes back and drops to the second round. Given the turnover of QBs in the NFL, if he's good, he will get to play and make money anyway. So the only advantage to having a high stock is making the money quicker

Hell if he plays well for one or two games, he may get paid a ton

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Hmmm If I'm the #1 rated QB and lived my whole life in California I think the last place I ever want to play is:

1 cleveland

2 buffalo

3 Detroit 

4 Pittsburgh (however the franchise prestige off sets that a bit)

then probably Kansas City or something 

KC would be nice. Good BBQ. Decent weather just depending on the year.

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's not the issue being pointed out. The issue is that those 3 QBs I mentioned were all considered potential 1st overall or Top 5 picks if they had left early. Yet, they all stayed and, like @flgreen astutely pointed out, they can ONLY DROP in the draft selection process by staying another year and revealing MORE flaws for critics to OVERanalyze and demerit their draft slot. 

Yeah but Darnold's flaws are fixable as those guys flaws were not (arm)

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The thing about Darnold going back is lets say he goes back and drops to the second round. Given the turnover of QBs in the NFL, if he's good, he will get to play and make money anyway. So the only advantage to having a high stock is making the money quicker

He won't get to make money anyway for another 5 years..............If he survives.

I'll take the $30,000,000 now thank you

Archived