Its official Darrelle Revis first ballot Hall of Shame

Kleckineau

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How? Revis is listed as 6'. I doubt there is a difference between the 2

If you look at the rosters and wiki, I tried referencing both, Revis is listed at 5'11 and Sanders was at 6'1.

...although I always do seem to think they fudged it back in the day. That's where I got the height from. 

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Still looking for a breakdown on this one. 

Pro Football Reference. Com:

Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Shavar Revis  (Revis Island)

Position: DB

6-0205lb (183cm, 92kg)

Team: Kansas City Chiefs

Deion Sanders

Deion Luwynn Sanders  (Prime Time or Neon Deion)

Position: DB-WR

6-1195lb (185cm, 88kg)

1 inch, 10lbs lighter.  And soft as soft could be.  Point is not much difference

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Shavar Revis  (Revis Island)

Position: DB

6-0205lb (183cm, 92kg)

Team: Kansas City Chiefs

Deion Sanders

Deion Luwynn Sanders  (Prime Time or Neon Deion)

Position: DB-WR

6-1195lb (185cm, 88kg)

1 inch, 10lbs lighter.  And soft as soft could be

I don't know dude, whatevs, here's the Chiefs roster here. Says 5'11.

http://www.chiefs.com/team/roster.html

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Lets give him 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.  What other years was he the best CB in football?

11 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much every year he played before his return and his injured season.  Oh and the year Tampa miss used him he was good but his strengths were compromised.

I just want to put this all down in one post for the record. 

aCKEu8C.gif

I will give gato this, if i had to choose for 1 game between Sanders, Revis and Bailey, it would be a tough decision.  If I had to choose 1 player to build my franchise around for 10 years it may be an even different CB altogether(Woodson?).

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I will give gato this, if i had to choose for 1 game between Sanders, Revis and Bailey, it would be a tough decision.  If I had to choose 1 player to build my franchise around for 10 years it may be an even different CB altogether(Woodson?).

Yeah, at their best, so say Revis 09, Bailey 06, Sanders 94, Woodson 93....all played on an elite level. But it's the wacky Jets homers that think Revis' level is somehow unmatched to the other greats. And for that matter his level of greatness only lasted for 3-4 years. Even just the other 3 guys mentioned had much better, more accomplished careers where they sustained their greatness over a longer period of time. 

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yeah, at their best, so say Revis 09, Bailey 06, Sanders 94, Woodson 93....all played on an elite level. But it's the wacky Jets homers that think Revis' level is somehow unmatched to the other greats. And for that matter his level of greatness only lasted for 3-4 years. Even just the other 3 guys mentioned had much better, more accomplished careers where they sustained their greatness over a longer period of time. 

Yeah, its a case of unmatched whacky Jets homers.  LOL, comic gold.  

Sorry, didnt realize that to me anything but a homer you have to always put a Jet player down.  Makes you what, objective?  LOL 3 years is the most clueless line of all.  You are in way over your head at this point.  Thank god about 400 posts back you said you werent trying to convince anyone 

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

How come you’re the first person on the internet I have ever seen equating these seasons? I’ve heard plenty of non-Jets fans talk about Revis’ ‘09 for what it was - a GOAT season from the GOAT. Are these stats from the same mysterious source from a few minutes ago? 

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Hey, if you want to think that fine by me. I’d take pretty much any great CB from this era over Sanders, but my greats are Revis (GOAT) and Champ Bailey. 

With all due respect...ARE YOU FREEKIN NUTS??????????

giphy.gif

And BTW, if a bad last season in NY is reason to keep Revis out of the Hall, what would you have done with Woodson who absolutely sucked for the last few seasons when he was just a hanger on drawing a paycheck to cheerlead?

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

With all due respect...ARE YOU FREEKIN NUTS??????????

giphy.gif

Hes right.  No disrespect 

If Revis was a mercenary like Neon, went from one SB team to another, playing on tons of National TV games while hawking himself as the self proclaimed greatest athlete we would have a different conversation.  After all this started over comments that at this age Revis no longer gets his nose dirty playing the run.  Something Sanders, never, ever did.  Had the cleanest uni on the field.  But hey, that was Neon.  The guy who said, i dont give a shlt about the fans, they dont pay me to play.  Classy

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, its a case of unmatched whacky Jets homers.  LOL, comic gold.  

Sorry, didnt realize that to me anything but a homer you have to always put a Jet player down.  Makes you what, objective?  LOL 3 years is the most clueless line of all.  You are in way over your head at this point.  Thank god about 400 posts back you said you werent trying to convince anyone 

why would I be looking to convince anyone? Wait. You actually think you're in the majority on this? lol

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And BTW, if a bad last season in NY is reason to keep Revis out of the Hall, what would you have done with Woodson who absolutely sucked for the last few seasons when he was just a hanger on drawing a paycheck to cheerlead?

Dont talk about that. All greats were always perfect.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

why would I be looking to convince anyone? Wait. You actually think you're in the majority on this? lol

I actually think I'm in the majority?  LOL, are you nuts, go outside of the SOJF circle jerk, into the real world before saying something this clueless.  This is the same group who debated if C Martin was a HOF RB.  Yeah, the majority believes Revis had a 3 year career and isnt deserving of a 1st ballot HOF. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I actually think I'm in the majority?  LOL, are you nuts, go outside of the SOJF circle jerk, the real world before saying something this clueless.  This is the same group who debated if C Martin was a HOF RB.  Yeah, the majority believes Revis had a 3 year career and isnt deserving of a 1st ballot HOF 

This is sad.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000815951

he's a HOFer as I've said repeatedly. Not the GOAT as you keep refereeing as

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Dont talk about that. All greats were always perfect.

Not all of them, all of them that didnt play in green and white.  Revis had the misfortune of costing the Jets a playoff win by not making a catch.  He didnt give one up, just played the ball, didnt come down with the INT.  

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

are we talking about 2 different woodsons?  I am talking about the raiders/packers woodson. Dude went from one of the best CBs to free safety to stong safety??? cmon man...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Woodson

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Not all of them, all of them that didnt play in green and white.  Revis had the misfortune of costing the Jets a playoff win by not making a catch.  He didnt give one up, just played the ball, didnt come down with the INT.  

All momentum that Mark Sanchez gave them was gone 

According to many "experts" on several websites, Sanders is one the top 10 defensive players of all time.  And for those who don't say it then they put him anywhere from 11-20.  To say Revis is better or great CB's from this era are better is ludicrous. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sigh. Dude dropped the biggest INT of his career. Never said it cost them the game. GOAT, Deion Sanders would have caught it though

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

One opinion to you is the majority?  Some asswhipe you has Revis @ 16?  OK.  

But hey, youre not trying to convince anyone.  Youre a broken record trying not to be one.  

Here's BR's list

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2721897-nfl-nostalgia-ranking-the-best-shutdown-cornerbacks-in-history.amp.html

so I've made three references so far

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

You can find all the lists you want.  I actually watched them play.  Again, thanks for not trying to convince me.  And thanks for not allowing others to have an opinion.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One opinion to you is the majority?  Some asswhipe you has Revis @ 16?  OK.  

But hey, youre not trying to convince anyone.  Youre a broken record trying not to be one.  

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

ROTFL BleacherReport? By Jah, please do!

What does the Weekly World News think? 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

How about something that is a little less subjective :

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/career_av_career.htm

Sanders tied for 46th

Bailey tied for 59th

Revis tied for 229th

Now, admittedly there is some built in bias based on eras, but we have already proven that is not a great factor between these eras. 

There's 4 references 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You can find all the lists you want.  I actually watched them play.  Again, thanks for not trying to convince me.  And thanks for not allowing others to have an opinion.  

So since you've now succumbed that you are indeed, in the minority, you're working the, "you've watched them all play" angle? Indeed.

Archived