Its official Darrelle Revis first ballot Hall of Shame

Kleckineau

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Bigger, faster, better tackler, better in coverage, better against the run...Like Sanders, Champ benefitted from his timing - arriving before the rule changes and QB/WR boom of the mid-late 2000s to get an early pad. 

You're embarrassing yourself. 

Bigger: Nope, Bailey was an inch taller, same weight.

Faster: Nope, 4.28 >4.38 Bailey 4 inch higher vert, 6 inch longer broad

Better Tackler: Nope, they're all laughing at you

Better in Coverage: How, please explain

Better against the run: Nope they're all laughing at you

Champ Bailey was a 5 time All-Pro, 7 time pro bowl during the time frame you conjuctured out of your butt. He also led the NFL in INT in 06 and might of had the most dominant season of any CB in 05 and was still a lock down CB in 2011 at 31-32 yr old. 

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You're embarrassing yourself. 

Bigger: Nope, Bailey was an inch taller, same weight.

Faster: Nope, 4.28 >4.38 Bailey 4 inch higher vert, 6 inch longer broad

Better Tackler: Nope, they're all laughing at you

Better in Coverage: How, please explain

Better against the run: Nope they're all laughing at you

Champ Bailey was a 5 time All-Pro, 7 time pro bowl during the time frame you conjuctured out of your butt. He also led the NFL in INT in 06 and might of had the most dominant season of any CB in 05 and was still a lock down CB in 2010 at the 31. 

Height: Maybe you’re right on this

Faster: 4.38 @ 200+ >> 4.28 @ 180, equal at best 

Tackler: Nope, and they’re laughing at you. Revis, as he is the GOAT overall, also happens to be the GOAT tackling CB.

Coverage: In every way possible and without ever getting to benefit from the previous set of coverage rules

Run: Nope, still laughing. Revis is also the best run stopping CB of all time. 

Bailey’s best seasons do not hang with Revis’ best, but yeah he was in the league a while. I guess I can give their primes similar lengths with none of Revis’ coming with the DB friendly ruleboook as opposed to some 7-8 years for Bailey. 

You know this HUGE passing explosion that has taken place in the league, yeah that is totally a thing.

1994 average team passing yards per game= 213.6 yards per game 

2017 average team passing yards per game= 224.4 yards per game

1944 average yards per attempt= 6.8 yards

2017 average yards per attempt = 7.0 yards.

An EXPLOSION, I tell ya.

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They did target him in 2009.  I'm pretty sure he had more targets than any of the top CBs in 2009.  Rex intentionally funneled throws towards him and he thrived.  

You're right, he was amazing in 09 and probably should have won DPOY.  When I referenced targets I was only reading one box of the box score. Top guys were getting 4-7/game. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You know this HUGE passing explosion that has taken place in the league, yeah that is totally a thing.

1994 average team passing yards per game= 213 yards per game 

2017 average team passing yards per game= 224.4 yards per game

1944 average yards per attempt= 6.8 yards

2017 average yards per attempt = 7.0 yards.

An EXPLOSION, I tell ya.

Scottttaaaaay you left some important numbers out for the convenience of your weak point. Remember how that worked out in 2016 with the Mets and Cubs! 

Anyway you should do completion% and TD:INT next. TD and INT rates per pass attempt too. Biiiiig mystery as to why you’d leave those out...

35 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Height: Maybe you’re right on this

Faster: 4.38 @ 200+ >> 4.28 @ 180, equal at best 

Tackler: Nope, and they’re laughing at you. Revis, as he is the GOAT overall, also happens to be the GOAT tackling CB.

Coverage: In every way possible and without ever getting to benefit from the previous set of coverage rules

Run: Nope, still laughing. Revis is also the best run stopping CB of all time. 

Bailey’s best seasons do not hang with Revis’ best, but yeah he was in the league a while. I guess I can give their primes similar lengths with none of Revis’ coming with the DB friendly ruleboook as opposed to some 7-8 years for Bailey. 

In 2006 Champ Bailey allowed 40 catches and ZERO Touchdowns, had 10 interceptions, 1 TD and 98 tackles

In 2009 Darrelle Revis allowed 45 catches and 2 Touchdowns, had 6 interceptions, 1 TD and 60 tackles

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Scottttaaaaay you left some important numbers out for the convenience of your weak point. Remember how that worked out in 2016 with the Mets and Cubs! 

Anyway you should do completion% and TD:INT next. TD and INT rates per pass attempt too. Biiiiig mystery as to why you’d leave those out...

Look above Derp-o-pena 

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

In 2006 Champ Bailey allowed 4 catches and ZERO Touchdowns, had 10 interceptions and 98 tackles

In 2009 Darrelle Revis allowed 23 catches and 2 Touchdowns, had 6 interceptions and 60 tackles

That sounds legit, where are these numbers from? Another SBN poll? Even then Bailey played a cupcake schedule with only an early season game against Brady’s Pats standing out. 

How come it’s been a decade and you’re the first person to make this hilarious claim anyway? 

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Also want to state that Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Randy Moss, etc...all these guys Revis ate for breakfast regularly would feast against Sanders. Sanders,on top of facing like one good QB a year, would face maybe one or two WRs in his whole career on these guys’ level as an athlete. 

They would feast against Sanders? And why is that exactly? Because Deion didn't play against good receivers? You're reaching...

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

That sounds legit, where are these numbers from? Another SBN poll? Even then Bailey played a cupcake schedule with only an early season game against Brady’s Pats standing out. 

How come it’s been a decade and you’re the first person to make this hilarious claim anyway? 

Sorry make that 40 catches. 

2 minutes ago, shevys said:

And why is that exactly? 

As stated throughout:

- He was a softee who would back down from these guys physically. Sanders hated contact and tackling - these guys require both to even have a shot.

- Whereas he was in a different class of athlete from his competition, he would not be today. 

- He has never faced passing offenses as conplicated or efficient as the ones Revis faced. 

- Rules making pretty much any contact downfield flag worthy would further encroach on his already diminished ability to just outathlete the opponent

- He was a selfish diva so all of this would force him to rethink his choice to play defense when offense gets all the love. He’d then convert to a deep threat WR. 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

OH ok that makes them more legit. How many people did SBN poll to get these results? 148 to really feel sure? 

I had to relook at Revis' numbers too and they were wrong. Allowed 45 catches. 

So you were wrong for like the eighteeth hundreth time this thread

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I had to relook at Revis' numbers too and they were wrong. Allowed 45 catches. 

So you were wrong for like the eighteeth hundreth time this thread

Which puts me a million wrongs behind you! Lol 

When you say relook - do you mean repoll SBN? Maybe shoot for 150?! Are you sure they didn’t poll for more catches, yards, and TDs? 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

As stated throughout:

- He was a softee who would back down from these guys physically. Sanders hated contact and tackling - these guys require both to even have a shot.

- Whereas he was in a different class of athlete from his competition, he would not be today. 

- He has never faced passing offenses as conplicated or efficient as the ones Revis faced. 

- Rules making pretty much any contact downfield flag worthy would further encroach on his already diminished ability to just outathlete the opponent

- He was a selfish diva so all of this would force him to rethink his choice to play defense when offense gets all the love. He’d then convert to a deep threat WR. 

Seriously? It's not like Sanders played in the age of Neanderthals and mankind has evolved into a new species that Revis covered. Your premise is ridiculous. Why would he not be an elite athlete in today's competition? He was a physical freak then and he would be fine in today's NFL. 

Do you really think that the NFL passing offense is so much more complex than it was in 2005 (when Deion retired) or when he was a rookie? I don't think you know as much about football as I used to think you did. And sorry...calling Deion a selfish diva when comparing him to Revis is laughable, and diminishes your argument even more. 

Just now, shevys said:

Seriously? It's not like Sanders played in the age of Neanderthals and mankind has evolved into a new species that Revis covered. Your premise is ridiculous. Why would he not be an elite athlete in today's competition? He was a physical freak then and he would be fine in today's NFL. 

Do you really think that the NFL passing offense is so much more complex than it was in 2005 (when Deion retired) or when he was a rookie? I don't think you know as much about football as I used to think you did. And sorry...calling Deion a selfish diva when comparing him to Revis is laughable, and diminishes your argument even more. 

Yeah Deion was a decent athlete. Managed to also play Major League Baseball and NFL wide receiver.

Just now, SenorGato said:

Which puts me a million wrongs behind you! Lol wtf 

When you say relook - do you mean repoll SBN? Maybe shoot for 150?! 

You said Bailey never had seasons like Revis' best. So I took Revis' best and showed you he did. So short term, long term, size and speed, leadership, tackling, durability, as an athlete, in EVERY single way, Champ Baily was better than Revis. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You said Bailey never had seasons like Revis' best. 

Yes, I know. It is one of the many correct things I have said, well over a million, on this topic. Don’t know why you’re fighting it. Bailey was plenty great and I am happy to admit it. He was better than the overrated Sanders even, just not better than Revis. 

Yes, I know. It is one of the many correct things I have said, well over a million, on this topic. Don’t know why you’re fighting it so hard - Bailey was plenty great, better than the overrated Sanders even, just not better than Revis. 

I pretty much dismanteld you this thread. It was fun.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

It was a huge drop in the biggest game of his Jet career. Although I did get the timing wrong. So yeah, sort of a defining moment for me in the context of being called GOAT. I've already said he was a HOFer. He was the best for a 3-4 year window too. Not first ballot, not GOAT, and a d-bag to boot.  

He was the best for a lot longer than 3-4 years.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

How so? I thought 6'1 is 2 inches taller than 5'11. And Deion Sanders would blow Revis' doors off in a race.  

How? Revis is listed as 6'. I doubt there is a difference between the 2

On 1/7/2018 at 10:29 AM, SenorGato said:

If he, a CB, is avoiding the play then how is he within range of a G? Was the G avoiding the play too, happened to see Revis, and so took him down? Who moves towards the Gs to avoid contact? 

And just so I’m clear on Henry play too - it’s less about taking Henry down and more about Revis seeming like he wants to take Henry down? 

would have been funnier with revis running away from the G yelling "I wont tackle him!!!!" How can you watch these clips and think this at all "okay". So once a RB makes it to the 2nd level the thought is to let him by you and hope someone else catches before the EZ?  and it better be someone else because revis is fast walking down the field...

Just now, HessStation said:

Let's say 4 years you crazy Nut. Lets give him 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.  What other years was he the best CB in football for?

That's big of you. 

Pretty much every year he played before his return and his injured season.  Oh and the year Tampa miss used him he was good but his strengths were compromised.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

I don’t think Champ really stacks with Revis. That said, like Revis if you threw him into the same conditions Sanders played under he would similarly thrive.

It blows my mind that anyone can think Revis is more overrated than Sanders. He was just as much of an a$$hole and diva to people who think like that and he faced like two good passing games and WRs a year. Throw any decent CB playing today into the 90s and their turnover numbers would inflate big time.  

So when "he faced like two good passing games and WRs a year", exactly how old were you? I'm trying to put your fantasies in context.

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

and for the record, I do think he was the best CB in the NFL for a number of years.  Changed the game to 10 vs 10 while the offense might as well have sat their #1 WR out because he wasnt doin sh*t for that game.  it is the effort that is right there and has been there for a while that i am talking about.

Archived