Parcells/Belicheck want to forget Jets.(also mocked them)

Patriot Killa

4 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Was up reading Superbowl news. Brady is playing in his 8th. Crazy, man. What a ride.

We have the best football dynasty ever. It's so much fun. I whistle wherever I go.

Enjoy it while you can because it's almost over.  Soon the Pats will return to irrelevance.  That's going to be delicious!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Was up reading Superbowl news. Brady is playing in his 8th. Crazy, man. What a ride.

We have the best football dynasty ever. It's so much fun. I whistle wherever I go.

Whistling with penis in your mouth is impressive.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

A lot of people claim he was our best coach. I beg to differ. 

Since you weren’t alive during the Jets dark era you have no idea what it meant to get Bill Parcells in here.

Not only did he miraculously restore us to the playoffs in a year, he also set us on a course for a 20-year-run of competing for playoff spots and the most successful two decades in team history. 

Bill Parcells meant everything to this franchise, and it is disgusting that he would treat us with this type of disdain. 

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Since you weren’t alive during the Jets dark era you have no idea what it meant to get Bill Parcells in here.

Not only did he miraculously restore us to the playoffs in a year, he also set us on a course for a 20-year-run of competing for playoff spots and the best two decades in team history. 

Bill Parcells meant everything to this franchise, and it is disgusting that he would treat us with this type of disdain. 

SAR I

Well said.  And I remember there was some retrospective when Giants Stadium was in its final year.  BB walked into their locker room and was getting all misty-eyed about it.  But when it came to going into the Jets locker room, they both treated the place like it was quarantined.   Basically it seems like neither felt a strong connection to this franchise.

I wonder how much Woody Johnson affected everything btw.  Maybe neither BP nor BB liked the guy.  In any case, if Leon Hess would've lived longer the Jets very possibly would be the dynasty.  Hess had no luck (at least w/ the NFL).

46 minutes ago, KRL said:

I didn't watch, but if they did shame on both of them.  Here are two grown men who
received alot of $$$ from the Jets when they were here.  If things ended badly be
an "adult" and come up with a politically correct response for your documentary.
Don't be a 2018 troll and come up with something snarky, you weren't complaining
when the Jets checks were deposited into your accounts

Forget the money. Part of being a leader is accountability and taking ownership for your role and influence in failure. This just goes to show you that even among some of its most successful leaders, the NFL is sorely lacking in true leadership qualities.

Also that the NFL has a clear hand in determining outcomes, success, and power structure across the league.

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not only did he miraculously restore us to the playoffs in a year, he also set us on a course for a 20-year-run of competing for playoff spots and the best two decades in team history. 

SAR I

I was alive during the Parcells era. And even if I wasn’t google and YouTube are actual things, gramps. I pretty much have watched every single thing that has transpired since the Jets were created.  you have no angle. Parcells made us miss out on Manning 

As GM of the Jets, by my calculations, Bill Parcells made 39 selections. Of that 39, 25 were basically out of the league after 5 years or less having made no contribution. that's 64% of his jets draft picks. 

In his first draft in 1997, The Jets had the 1st overall pick and a chance at Orlando Pace. Instead the Jets traded won TWICE to the 8th overall slot and drafted James Farrior, who was mediocre as a Jet even though he was been good as a Steeler. In return, We got some draft picks which were spent on Rick Terry, Dedric Ward, Terry Day, Leon Johnson, Lamont Burns, Ray Austin, Tim Scharf, Chuck Clements, and Steve Rosga. Saving this draft from being among the worst in modern sports was that with the 12th to last pick in the entire draft, Parcells nabbed Jason Ferguson who has enjoyed a long a decent career....Looking at this draft, The Jets passed on one of the best LTs ever and of the guys they drafted 7 of them would be out of football within 3 years. ...don’t even get me started on Anthony Becht either. 

Was he a great coach? Yes he was. He took the Jets from 1-15 to 9-7. Bravo. It’s an accomplishment for a team that won 10 games in 3 seasons before Parcells. But didn’t Bowles just take us from 4-12 to 10-6 not too long ago? 

1998 was a great year. We came close. AFC Championship and never anything more. Didn’t Rex do that twice in a row? OHHHH.. that’s why you think Rex is so great. You have an infatuation with Coaches that almost do it once or twice. GOTCHA. 

1999 Vinny tore his Achilles and we went 8-8. 

The end.

But yes. Parcells was the best thing since sliced bread and i’m an ignorant 22 year old.??‍♂️

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/wiki/Bill_Parcells_Jets_Draft_Record

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was alive during the Parcells era. And even if I wasn’t google and YouTube are actual things, gramps. I pretty much have watched every single thing that has transpired since the Jets were created.  you have no angle. Parcells made us miss out on Manning.

Parcells signed Neil O’Donnell. As GM of the Jets, by my calculations, Bill Parcells made 39 selections. Of that 39, 25 were basically out of the league after 5 years or less having made no contribution. that's 64% of his jets draft picks. 

In his first draft in 1997, The Jets had the 1st overall pick and a chance at Orlando Pace. Instead the Jets traded won TWICE to the 8th overall slot and drafted James Farrior, who was mediocre as a Jet even though he was been good as a Steeler. In return, We got some draft picks which were spent on Rick Terry, Dedric Ward, Terry Day, Leon Johnson, Lamont Burns, Ray Austin, Tim Scharf, Chuck Clements, and Steve Rosga. Saving this draft from being among the worst in modern sports was that with the 12th to last pick in the entire draft, Parcells nabbed Jason Ferguson who has enjoyed a long a decent career....Looking at this draft, The Jets passed on one of the best LTs ever and of the guys they drafted 7 of them would be out of football within 3 years. ...don’t even get me started on Anthony Becht either. 

Was he a great coach? Yes he was. He took the Jets from 1-15 to 9-7. Bravo. It’s an accomplishment for a team that won 10 games in 3 seasons before Parcells. But didn’t Bowles just take us from 4-12 to 10-6 not too long ago? 

1998 was a great year. We came close. AFC Championship and never anything more. Didn’t Rex do that twice in a row? OHHHH.. that’s why you think Rex is so great. You have an infatuation with Coaches that almost do it once or twice. GOTCHA. 

The end.

But yes. Parcells was the best thing since sliced bread and i’m an ignorant 22 year old.??‍♂️

IIRC, BP didn't sign O'Donnell.  He also traded the #1 overall pick (Pace) because the Jets had to give away like 3-4 picks to acquire BP.  He was trying to replenish draft picks.  The Peyton thing is a rumor and we'll never know the real story.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was alive during the Parcells era. And even if I wasn’t google and YouTube are actual things, gramps. I pretty much have watched every single thing that has transpired since the Jets were created.  you have no angle. Parcells made us miss out on Manning.

Parcells signed Neil O’Donnell. As GM of the Jets, by my calculations, Bill Parcells made 39 selections. Of that 39, 25 were basically out of the league after 5 years or less having made no contribution. that's 64% of his jets draft picks. 

The end.

When copy/pasting someone else’s material and claiming it as your own it’s always recommended to check the font size before doing so. 

SAR I

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC, BP didn't sign O'Donnell.  He also traded the #1 overall pick (Pace) because the Jets had to give away like 3-4 picks to acquire BP.  He was trying to replenish draft picks.  The Peyton thing is a rumor and we'll never know the real story.

Yeah I just edited. I forgot he came long right after. Still my point stands. You don’t have to live through the era in order to have a clue.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I didn’t say he didn’t. I said he surely didn’t help us out by just not responding. Instead he took a shot at us.

I think he did help...   THE ROTTEN GARBAGE must be exposed.   Look at the thread on Bill and Bill, they mock us in that video from what I heard. I didnt see it yet.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was alive during the Parcells era. And even if I wasn’t google and YouTube are actual things, gramps. 

Parcells signed Neil O’Donnell. As GM of the Jets, by my calculations, 

“Parcells signed Neil O’Donnell”

Man, there’s nothing like YouTube to give you your New York Jets education. 

SAR I

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yet we have fans that like to get on their knees and blow this sh*tbag Tuna. 

LOL. That is what is truly sad. Idolizing a guy whose best years came with the VaGiants. Both are ego-maniacs especially "the great parcells" who it turns out ain't so great. A guy who made his name on his assistants and a missed FG.Go on now parcells worshippers make some snide off the cuff comment about how disillusioned the rest of us are while you live in fantasy world on the subject.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Fine with me. I got you yesterday morning myself. You keep provoking me. I’m on my way now to putting you on ignore. Tired of this sh*t .

OMG, please don’t put me on ignore, I beg of you. 

SAR I

7 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. So is your man crush parcells. There are none who are so blind as those who will not see. In case you don't realize it thats you Junc-boy.

Pretty much any coach that got us to a playoff game. That’s what this fan base adores. Simple playoff appearances and I cannot blame them. We are starved for success.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

OMG, please don’t put me on ignore, I beg of you. 

SAR I

You still here? I always knew you were one of those guys who couldn't get Giants season tix at the Meadowlands and "settled" for Jets Tix. I thought you renounced the Jets and finally admitted your true colors? What happened you finally moved up on the Giants season tix list and your wet dream came true? Maybe the VaGiants sign Sanchez to back-up Eli and you can get that wet dream double-double. You're so full of sh*t its coming out of every orifice.

Just watched the clip and don't see where anything they said (In clip, didn't see whole program) is such a slam on the Jets. They are filming what I assume from their statements is the end of the documentary. The director wants to film the end in the Jets locker room. They don't want to end it there because as they say they want to end on a high note. I don't see this a s a slam on the Jets.   They dont want to revisit their ugly split from the Jets after which they didn't speak for years. It's about their relationship not the Jets.

Pretty much any coach that got us to a playoff game. That’s what this fan base adores. Simple playoff appearances and I cannot blame them. We are starved for success.

Well thats not really true PK. Herm and Krispy-Kreme got us to the playoffs and are hated. Never really was a fan of either but they did have minor success.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well thats not really true PK. Herm and Krispy-Kreme got us to the playoffs and are hated. Never really was a fan of either but they did have minor success.

Well, sensible people like yourself and I see the bigger picture of their failures opposed to the playoff appearance. Some people still are infatuated with them based on those few accolades. Was fun while it lasted. A good coach can sustain that success or at least a similar level of it.

I watched the special. I hate BB as much as anyone, but it was hard to fault him for leaving the Jets when you hear how it went down. Imagine working somewhere and not knowing who your boss is going to be (Dolan v. Johnson) and then finding out that the team conspired to prevent you from interviewing for another job (BP retiring when the Patriots sent the fax requesting to interview BB). 

I had the sense that if Leon Hess was alive, BB would have been our coach. The same way Favre would have been our QB if not for the Falcons trading up. Jets luck ....

Well, sensible people like yourself and I see the bigger picture of their failures opposed to the playoff appearance. Some people still are infatuated with them based on those few accolades. Was fun while it lasted. A good coach can sustain that success or at least a similar level of it.

Or live off their assistants and give the illusion of being a good coach. parcells..cough..cough...

Just now, maury77 said:

I watched the special. I hate BB as much as anyone, but it was hard to fault him for leaving the Jets when you hear how it went down. Imagine working somewhere and not knowing who your boss is going to be (Dolan v. Johnson) and then finding out that the team conspired to prevent you from interviewing for another job (BP retiring when the Patriots sent the fax requesting to interview BB). 

I had the sense that if Leon Hess was alive, BB would have been our coach. The same way Favre would have been our QB if not for the Falcons trading up. Jets luck ....

I did not watch the special I did something better with my time like sleep. But if he had a contract with the NY Jets the Jets have a right to deny the faxed request.  That is the life they chose for Parcells to be talking crap about Hess if he did is completely wrong.  For the cheating lying scumbag bill bellicheat f him 

Just now, rammagen said:

I did not watch the special I did something better with my time like sleep. But if he had a contract with the NY Jets the Jets have a right to deny the faxed request.  That is the life they chose for Parcells to be talking crap about Hess if he did is completely wrong.  For the cheating lying scumbag bill bellicheat f him 

That is not the way it went down. Watch the special. 

Just now, maury77 said:

That is not the way it went down. Watch the special. 

no offense but I am not going to watch the special. I have bettr thens to do with my time then listen to two people one whos is a lying cheater who I would not believe and another who should have been more grateful to his boss.  If he had a contract and the Patriots contacted him while under contract when they should not have no matter what games Parcells played prior to signing does not matter.

think of it like this,  it is a poor analogue but imagine I can sell my house to one person but only sign one contract, if my agent withheld a better offer and I sold my house to someone else and then found out I had a better offer could I rescind the sale of the house?

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly and there lies the truth of it all that no one can admit to themselves.

Yes. To me, parcells was always a VaGiant. When announced as the Jets HC I seriously thought about walking away from this team for the first time. I still kept my season-tix and went to all the games but it was still there in the back of my mind. "the great parcells" was always a product of his coaching staff and stood on the shoulders of geniuses. It all fell apart when BB and parcells split. The guy never won a thing after that and is hailed as one of the greats. A pure creation of media hype and talk radio bullsh*t. Especially Francessa. That guy was so far up parcells azz you could see his feet hanging out Bill's big azz.

Archived