Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

11 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Yeah... though that doesn't stand for very important person. It stands for very irritating person. And as such, I like to live up to my name.... title.... label. 

I love irritating people, too. It's one of life's greatest pleasures.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I could certainly look there. He's not at the top of my list, but I perhaps could be persuaded. He's a good candidate for hiding Scum.

when consensus is that everyone seems town scum is often hiding, imo

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Why did you do the 180 on the CTM vote? 

I've explained it.  Explained it every step of the way.  

In summary, I did a reread, felt that CTM's case on Lizzy was genuine and worked in the flow of the game, then unvoted CTM, gave it a few hours, came back to the thread and Lizzy was on some weird sh*t and switched to Lizzy.  

Official Day 4 Vote Count

CTM (2) - Hess, CTM

JiF (1) - Lizzie

Spoot (1) - Stark

AVM  (2) - Brick, GATA 

Lizzie  (1) - Spoot

CTM is at L-3

Not Voting (4) - Crusher, JiF, AVM, Ape

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Honestly because

1. I'm vanilla town
  2. I invested way to much time and energy yesterday trying to get you lynched instead of me and didn't want to repeat that today or monday.
  3. I came into today as prime lynch candidate which marginalizes my ability to help town, I become a distraction. (Maybe i make a point that normally would've lead to someone else noticing something but since I'm seen likely scum it's discounted or ignored)
  4. I was hoping to replace in as Ballin, but you ruined that
  5. And, I don't have any better options than me atm, everyone seems town for the most part. Hess being RB and no NK is odd, but don't think we should deal with that today. You not voting me on comeback is odd but the best I have is lets pressure inactives

Sketchy as ****. I won’t be a part of lynching someone who wants to get lynched. Goes for Hess too. People wanting to die is weird. 

Every time I feel like CTM is very townie sounding, he ends up scum. Old Ape would go back and scrutinize vote movement and the nuance of people manipulating narratives and perception. I just don’t have that in me anymore. 

Rollin with the gut: vote ctm

I actually disagree with the notion everyone sounds townisg. I think there are heap of bad reads and logic making it feasible for anyone to be cased as scum. Thing is CTM isn’t really trying to solve the game. He’s fencing a bit with circumstances, and just doing a good job of reading sentiment. The martyr bit is just an appeal to emotion in my opinion. CTM is pragmatic. The idea of lynching him if he’s town, rather than finding scum is not pragmatic... it’s mellow dramatic.

that all I’ve got for now. *shrugs*

• Sympathy 1

Official Day 4 Vote Count

CTM (3) - Hess, CTM, Ape

Spoot (1) - Stark

AVM  (3) - Brick, GATA, Lizzie

Lizzie  (1) - Spoot

AVM IS AT L-3

CTM is at L-3

Not Voting (3) - Crusher, JiF, AVM

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch

First of all...what the mother**** do I have 26 notifications for???

6SCBS2.png

Secondly. I was pretty mad when I got lynched and maybe I'll pick a bone or two about it after the game. I took some time and calmed down. Regardless of what problems I have with it you guys got the right guy and I can't argue with the results so good job town. Hopefully you wont be so lucky in the future. :P

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Every time I feel like CTM is very townie sounding, he ends up scum. Old Ape would go back and scrutinize vote movement and the nuance of people manipulating narratives and perception. I just don’t have that in me anymore. 

I actually disagree with the notion everyone sounds townisg. I think there are heap of bad reads and logic making it feasible for anyone to be cased as scum. Thing is CTM isn’t really trying to solve the game. He’s fencing a bit with circumstances, and just doing a good job of reading sentiment. The martyr bit is just an appeal to emotion in my opinion. CTM is pragmatic. The idea of lynching him if he’s town, rather than finding scum is not pragmatic... it’s mellow dramatic.

i think you and jif are town, crusher and spoot have a claimed innocent inv, hess uncountered cop... gata i've come around to being neutral ... all that's left from there are  inactives and noobs who also aren't out in front and I don't know how you can have a read on any of them (although brick is most suspect). AVM and Lizzie seem different play style in new roles.

I'm saying that we SHOULD be pressuring inactives but especially less than active noobs. Maybe brick folds like a cheap suit, maybe stark does? I dunno This is pragmatic dude, particularly cause I know this evolved into town on town violence (me vs lizzie), I know you can't know that but I do.

You just want to go after the same suspects and not even look underneath any new rocks. That is folly.

Also pragmatic: is the reality that, you and jif have both voted me. Hess is locked on to me. Lizzie I thought for sure was going to vote me and numerous others have expressed interest (gata, stark, brick). I'm not in a position to do much of anything as everyone suspects me.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

and what exactly are you trying to solve right now chubs?  Here's what you've done today, voted me, flicked lizzie's ear a bit ( i did too), questioned Hess a bit (so did I),  suggested a dumb idea (i disagreed), somewhere in there unvoted me and then came full circle back to your lazy chair, cold bear and remote control in hand to plop a vote back on me...  cause uh something something melodrama and uh also like everytime you think i'm town i end up scum.. . you also aren't trying to solve sh*t, gimme a break

Per bolded, If you think there are heaps of bad reads and logic making it feasible to case anyone, lets hear one?

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

i think you and jif are town, crusher and spoot have a claimed innocent inv, hess uncountered cop... gata i've come around to being neutral ... all that's left from there are  inactives and noobs who also aren't out in front and I don't know how you can have a read on any of them (although brick is most suspect). AVM and Lizzie seem different play style in new roles.

I'm saying that we SHOULD be pressuring inactives but especially less than active noobs. Maybe brick folds like a cheap suit, maybe stark does? I dunno This is pragmatic dude, particularly cause I know this evolved into town on town violence (me vs lizzie), I know you can't know that but I do.

You just want to go after the same suspects and not even look underneath any new rocks. That is folly.

Also pragmatic: is the reality that, you and jif have both voted me. Hess is locked on to me. Lizzie I thought for sure was going to vote me and numerous others have expressed interest (gata, stark, brick). I'm not in a position to do much of anything as everyone suspects me.

I didn’t say I’m not curious about other suspects. I’m saying I’m goibg with my gut on you + I don’t want to put in the work to interrogate, because it’s very time consuming in the style I do it.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

and what exactly are you trying to solve right now chubs?  Here's what you've done today, voted me, flicked lizzie's ear a bit ( i did too), questioned Hess a bit (so did I),  suggested a dumb idea (i disagreed), somewhere in there unvoted me and then came full circle back to your lazy chair, cold bear and remote control in hand to plop a vote back on me...  cause uh something something melodrama and uh also like everytime you think i'm town i end up scum.. . you also aren't trying to solve sh*t, gimme a break

Per bolded, If you think there are heaps of bad reads and logic making it feasible to case anyone, lets hear one?

I don’t want to do the work. Doesn’t mean it’s not true. I’m just kicking it this game. I really have no interest in getting consumed by it.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

This is what I've been saying. Jif is playing like town, CTM and Ape not so much. 

inane for you to be suggesting  or agreeing with this. You need a new shrink

If you are the cop and were role blocked and all of that is true, why would we ever lynch you when the minute the RB'r dies you could be a big asset.

It's true that your death and flip as cop likely clears 2 townies, however you will be nk'd eventually and achieve the same thing. There is no urgency to resolve any of that right now

1 minute ago, CTM said:

inane for you to be suggesting  or agreeing with this. You need a new shrink

If you are the cop and were role blocked and all of that is true, why would we ever lynch you when the minute the RB'r dies you could be a big asset.

It's true that your death and flip as cop likely clears 2 townies, however you will be nk'd eventually and achieve the same thing. There is no urgency to resolve any of that right now

This. I said most of it already, but beats repeating. CTM echoing me gives me the creeps... total scum tell.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn’t say I’m not curious about other suspects. I’m saying I’m goibg with my gut on you + I don’t want to put in the work to interrogate, because it’s very time consuming in the style I do it.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t want to do the work. Doesn’t mean it’s not true. I’m just kicking it this game. I really have no interest in getting consumed by it.

So, lazy and not  willing to scum hunt. Got it. Disingenuous to create the "he's not even trying to solve the game" narrative when you are openly doing the same thing