Jamal Adams vs Derwin James

Pointdexter

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Wow fake news much? Adams ran a 4.2 flat at LSU’s pro day

It must be all that culture of winning UnitedWho is talking about. Just step foot on campus and it improves your 40 time by 3 tenths of a second. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Jamal Adams 6'0, 214

40: 4.56

BP: 18 reps

Vert: 31.5"

Broad: 120"

Derwin James: 6'3, 215

40: 4.47

BP: 21

Vert: 40"

Broad: 132"

We took Jamal at #6 last year. James is projected 10-15 this yr. Which player would you rather have?

Good grief. Let's package Jamal and the 6 to move back to 12 and draft the better safety.

48 minutes ago, gEYno said:

PFF has him ranked as “above average” and only by 1.3 points.  For the vast majority of the season, he was “average.”  Is this a glowing endorsement of a low-value position taken with a high-value pick?  Said it from the beginning, Adams/Maye need to be elite, or that was a terrible draft.

getting an average, non athlete safety at 6 with intangibles out the wazoo is how championship teams are built

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mamula had 5.5 sacks as a rookie. 

On a line that had a bookend DE that was all pro, and a DT with 11 sacks. Mamula was consistently run at and run through.

Abject lesson for you here:

1. Don't judge a rookie season alone, and make far reaching commentaries

2. Don't trust numbers alone. There are greater truths in the sport.

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

www.iamsmarterthananygm.com

Not any gm... but unfortunately the Jets GM.  And that's not just me.  That's most of this board.

I'm pretty sure at a minimum, in 3 years, many of us could have taken this team from 4-12 with a ton of cap space to 5-11 with a ton of cap space, no QB, no pass rush, no #1 WR, no RB, bottom 3 offensive line, and no #1 CB.  There's no question I could have matched this accomplishment.

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Jamal Adams 6'0, 214

We took Jamal at #6 last year. James is projected 10-15 this yr. Which player would you rather have?

Both please. 

.-M. Macc

Just now, gEYno said:

Not any gm... but unfortunately the Jets GM.  And that's not just me.  That's most of this board.

I'm pretty sure at a minimum, in 3 years, many of us could have taken this team from 4-12 with a ton of cap space to 5-11 with a ton of cap space, no QB, no pass rush, no #1 WR, no RB, bottom 3 offensive line, and no #1 CB.  There's no question I could have matched this accomplishment.

Yup. I am pretty sure of that too. Ask anyone here. They will tell you.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

On a line that had a bookend DT that was all pro, and a DT with 11 sacks. Mamula was consistently run at and run through.

Abject lesson for you here:

1. Don't judge a rookie season alone, and make far reaching commentaries

2. Don't trust numbers alone. There are greater truths in the sport.

Yeah, no. My formula is this: college performance+athleticism=third round. He is what he is and the idea that he’s better than that isn’t supported by his history or his level of ability.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Not me. Too busy watching monster.com to see if the Galcobs Peaked at my application for concessions lord. That’s an origination I could believe in. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Yeah, no. My formula is this: college performance+athleticism=third round. He is what he is and the idea that he’s better than that isn’t supported by his history or his level of ability.

We are all what we are. The question is always, what will we become?

We are all what we are. The question is always, what will we become?

Or, what are we able to become. There's a reason some of these drills are predictive of performance. 

Yup. I am pretty sure of that too. Ask anyone here. They will tell you.

Make all the jokes you want, but it's really not all that difficult to make bad draft picks and make bad signings.  And, JN is full of mock drafts and mock offseasons that look much better than what's actually happened.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Read the scouting report. The reason why Jamal Adams was projected to go top ten were in there. 

LSU has 2 national titles to 1 for Florida State in recent years. 

The alternate universe you live in would be an incredible place to visit.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Some Jets fans, believe it or not, are capable of holding more than one thought in their head at the same time.  Here are a few of mine, regard Jamal Adams.

1) Drafting a safety is a bad idea at 6.

2) Drafting a safety is a bad idea at 6 when you don't have a QB.

3) Due to his limited athleticism for the position, Jamal Adams will probably not be an impact player, further making him a bad pick at 6.

4) Jamal Adams was not an impact player in 2017.

5) Jamal Adams should really stop talking about super bowls and revolutionizing the position when he still hasn't registered his first INT and the Jets pass defense is dreadful.

6) I hope that his leadership has a positive impact on the team.

7) With the 6th pick in the draft, leadership isn't as important a quality as others that Adams is lacking.

8) I want Jamal Adams to do very well.

Great but who cares. Not looking to rehash a topic that has been beat to death. Jets don't get to do a redraft. And yes I see you have an innate capability to recite unoriginal thoughts that have been posted hundreds and hundreds of times on here.  

10 minutes ago, morny said:

Another day, another thread having a go at Jamal Adams because he isn't Deshaun Watson. 

Brilliant. 

Nope. Going at Macc. Jamal is fine for what he is, a nice player...a nice piece om our defense.

But the relative cluelessness of a GM who takes an ok athlete to play box safety at #6, while passing on franchise QBs, is worth critiquing. Adams is not even nearly the prospect that James is, and nobody will take James as high as #6. That's the point. And it's relevant to point out.

the difference between Derwin James and Jamal Adams is 1)  Adams' father George was in the league and raised him around pro locker rooms. 2) James came off an ACL and only played 26 games. 

They are similar players, they both play similar positions, but to say James is better than Adams is a leap of faith. 

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

Great but who cares. I originally posted about Baker and Jamal. Not to rehash a topic that has been beat to death. Jets don't get to do a redraft. And yes I see you have an innate capability to recite unoriginal thoughts that have been posted hundreds and hundreds of times on here.  

Kitty's got claws...

9 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Nope. Going at Macc. Jamal is fine for what he is, a nice player...a nice piece om our defense.

But the relative cluelessness of a GM who takes an ok athlete to play box safety at #6, while passing on franchise QBs, is worth critiquing. Adams is not even nearly the prospect that James is, and nobody will take James as high as #6. That's the point. And it's relevant to point out.

If you had made that clearer at the beginning, we could have saved this trouble.

If you want to criticize the decision for passing on Watson, fine, although draft experts were consistent that Adams was a better prospect than Watson. If you wanted him to take a chance on Watson, then fine.

But criticizing the player for being a nice player instead of great is just stupid. It sounds greedy and foolhardy, especially for a franchise that drafted Vernon Gholston.

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Jamal Adams 6'0, 214

Duh is this a trick question? 

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Has anybody mentioned the difference in their verts yet? 

Its not close who the more explosive athlete is. Adams is gonna be a good SS. James might end up a 5 year All Pro.

He's the better player, period.  The explosiveness is why.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which can be compromised by a knee injury. I think that is the main factor.

No.  It's not.  He just played an entire season, was better statically in every single category than Adams and just blew Adams out of the water in explosiveness at the combine.  His knee is fine and he's better than Adams.

21 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Has anybody mentioned the difference in their verts yet? 

Its not close who the more explosive athlete is. Adams is gonna be a good SS. James might end up a 5 year All Pro.

Jamal Adams jumped 47” at his Pro Day at LSU.

exclusive footage:

75BDCF86-E7AD-41F0-A8E3-7146B654FECC.gif

Archived