Allen Robinson

Ghost

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Jags apparently are not going to tag him. Give him a blank check because I do not trust “dat” receiver we have named Robby Anderson. 

NAH old friend. Robby will be just fine. Questions about Robinson's torn ACL.

6 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Lets not go overboard with Allen Robinson. He's only had 1 year where he's had more than 6 touchdowns and 900 yards. 

In the 2 previous seasons before his ACL injury, he was targeted 300 times, but only caught 50% of those targets.

It’s cause the Jaguars weren’t winning, and that drained him.  Have you ever tried catching a ball when you were drained? 

Schedule visits for both Cousins and Robinson for the first day of free agency, let them both know the Jets are serious on going all in on offense, and will do so in the draft as well. Heck, it's crazy talk, but if you can get those guys locked up in FA, I wouldn't be mad if they sell the farm to trade up in the draft to get Barkley. Let's score some damn points, defense doesn't win championships anymore.

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

We do have the money for him and he wouldnt be a terrible signing to help a young QB given his size, but I just dont think spending that kind of $$$ on a WR is smart.

I would sign Richardson for 7-8 million B4 Robinson @ 12-13 million.That difference allows you to resign Clairborne & a top CB. I don't trust WRs coming off ACL injuries. Top dollars in free agency has to go to guys 100% healthy without injury history. Free agency is not a panacea, use it to solidify the Oline (Jensen or Richburg & Norwell), sign Poe to play inside with Leo and go into the draft with offense on your mind unless you sign Cousins & Chubbs is staring at you in the 6 slot.

I didn't put it in the article but:

Since 1920, here is the list of receivers who have achieved 200 receptions/20 TDs by age 23

Mike Evans

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Brandin Cooks

Hakeem Nicks 

Allen Robinson

That's it. 

8 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Since 1920, here is the list of receivers who have achieved 200 receptions/20 TDs by age 23

Mike Evans

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Brandin Cooks

Hakeem Nicks 

Allen Robinson

That's it. 

That's quite the list.

14 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Mike Evans

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Brandin Cooks

Hakeem Nicks 

Allen Robinson

That's it. 

Obviously good company

you able to break that down into a less obscure filter though?

something like games played ... Or seasons played  ?

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That's quite the list.

I should have put it in, lol.  I left it out for Twitter so I had this as my argument, but now I regret my decision, lol.  

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Obviously good company

you able to break that down into a less obscure filter though?

something like games player ... Or seasons played  ?

I'm not sure it would really work though, because then more studs like Jerry Rice's stud years or Moss' year in NE would skew the list.  I just wanted to show that he's achieved rare stats up until age 23.  Obviously left out age 24 because he got injured on the first catch.  

I did 2014-2016 with same criteria, without age limit:

Antonio Brown

Julio Jones

Demariyus Thomas

Odell

Hopkins

Sanders

Crabtree

Bladwin

Mike Evans

Cobb

Brandon Marshall

AJ Green

Maclin

Cooks

Robinson

Now if we take the first three years of a guy's career, and throw out age, this is the list since 1920:

Odell

AJ Green

Mike Evans

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Issac Bruce

Keyshawn Johnson

Marques Colston

Brandin Cooks

Andre Rison

Tom Fears

Hakeem Nicks

Dez Bryant

Jerry Rice

and 

Allen Robinson

9 hours ago, win4ever said:

Mike Evans

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Brandin Cooks

Hakeem Nicks 

Allen Robinson

That's it. 

While I respect the research, there are 2 flaws in this group.  

1.  Hakeem Nicks is in it, and its too small of a group to simply say he is an outlier.

2.  There is no way to measure the quality of that stats.  2015 was when Jacks went 5-11 and Bortles had a great fantasy season because he was getting a ton of garbage time stats with the team being behind.  

Im not saying that Robinson wouldnt be a good addition to our WR corps, of course he would.  But the problem is he wants elite WR money, and the track record for paying WRs elite money isnt good unless you know them well enough to be sure they wont whine about targets, mail it in from an effort standpoint, and know that they care about their job enough to run good routes, etc.

Personally I think Richardson offers more value and allows to sign another CB.

8 hours ago, BCJet said:

While I respect the research, there are 2 flaws in this group.  

1.  Hakeem Nicks is in it, and its too small of a group to simply say he is an outlier.

2.  There is no way to measure the quality of that stats.  2015 was when Jacks went 5-11 and Bortles had a great fantasy season because he was getting a ton of garbage time stats with the team being behind.  

Im not saying that Robinson wouldnt be a good addition to our WR corps, of course he would.  But the problem is he wants elite WR money, and the track record for paying WRs elite money isnt good unless you know them well enough to be sure they wont whine about targets, mail it in from an effort standpoint, and know that they care about their job enough to run good routes, etc.

Personally I think Richardson offers more value and allows to sign another CB.

1.  I don't quite follow on 1, but the pool is all receivers from age 21 to 23, and the longer list is all receivers for first three years of their career.  He was on a great career path until he fractured his foot.  Nicks also played with Eli, while Robinson played with Bortles.  

2.  That is harder because yes he did benefit from garbage time, but it's virtually impossible to break down without going through every play.  When I wrote the article, I did try to show that he was doing well against good cornerbacks (although Joseph fell off lately, but he was a stud back then) and how a few better passes from Bortles would have elevated his stats even more.  

I think he settles for the Alshon Jeffery type deal, which was what I used to come up with a contract offer.  It's not ideal with risk, but the upside is huge and he's still extremely young.  

I did do an article on Paul Richardson, I think I posted it here, and he would be a great add too.  Although, I think Robinson is the better value because it's so hard to find true No. 1 potential guys.  

On 3/6/2018 at 12:38 PM, BigRy56 said:

Pairing Cousins with Allen Robinson and bringing in Chubb in round 1 would be the perfect offseason. Cap that off with signing Richburg and drafting one of the stud RBs in round 2 and we are in business next season.

Agreed. All we'd need is a coach who would know what to do with them.

Archived