Tyrod to the Browns

bla bla bla

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The interesting thing is now what happens with Brett Hundley, who was okay in spot play.

Give it five minutes, he could be traded to Buffalo any second now, the way today is going :)

Not a fan so hopefully we do not get involved. 

Just now, K_O_Brien said:

Give it five minutes, he could be traded to Buffalo any second now, the way today is going :)

Not a fan so hopefully we do not get involved. 

Heard bad things about him. Went to look at his stats

60% completion 9TDs 12INTs. Not horrific for a rookie year. Certainly better than Kizer.

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

Great move for the Browns.  They're going to all of a sudden be loaded with talent and now have a nice bridge gap QB to their future who can actually lead a team to the playoffs and make them at least competitive. 

I'm they realized they can only add "so many" rookies and noobs on the team. They're already at an avg age of 22 years old or something and half the roster is upside development guys.. 

they needed some veterans and some proven starters -- if only as place holders. 

Smart. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

60% completion 9TDs 12INTs. Not horrific for a rookie year. Certainly better than Kizer.

Brett Hundley is not a rookie.  He came out the same year as Petty.  He had 9 starts.  They were shut out in two of them.  

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm they realized they can only add "so many" rookies and noobs on the team. They're already at an avg age of 22 years old or something and half the roster is upside development guys.. 

they needed some veterans and some proven starters -- if only as place holders. 

Smart. 

Dorsey and Mcloughan aren't the same idiots they have had there.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

how is it you have such strong opinions (and i think on draftees too?) and yet have no idea that he's been around for, like 3 years. 

59 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Browns are making some major moves. I hear that they're also trading for a CB from the Packers. 

Either way, I hope they just dont hand Taylor the Job. I'd love to see Kizer with Gordon/Landry/Barkley. One of Kizers problems was the lack of talent and poor coaching last year. Jets fans talk major sh*t about Bowles, and rightfully so, but Hue Jackson has been the most disappointing coach in the NFL. How he kept that job is not understandable. I thought Sashi Brown did a decent job as a GM (Outside of passing on Wentz), but all of the moves this team is doing right now is because of what Sashi did. Hue Jackson has done a terrible job as coach imo. That Browns team is more talented than their 1-31 record over the past 2 seasons. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

The Browns are making some major moves. I hear that they're also trading for a CB from the Packers. 

Either way, I hope they just dont hand Taylor the Job. I'd love to see Kizer with Gordon/Landry/Barkley. One of Kizers problems was the lack of talent and poor coaching last year. Jets fans talk major sh*t about Bowles, and rightfully so, but Hue Jackson has been the most disappointing coach in the NFL. How he kept that job is not understandable. I thought Sashi Brown did a decent job as a GM (Outside of passing on Wentz), but all of the moves this team is doing right now is because of what Sashi did. Hue Jackson has done a terrible job as coach imo. That Browns team is more talented than their 1-31 record over the past 2 seasons. 

Kizer is what they gave the Packers for that CB.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

LOL. It won't be Kizer's job.

38 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Schefter said 3rd round pick. NObody thought the Bills were keeping Taylor around. They would have dumped him and the Browns could have just signed him 

People knew they weren't going to keep him on the roster but he definitely was not going to be cut. Bills fans thought he was going to be trade bait to move up in the draft.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

People knew they weren't going to keep him on the roster but he definitely was not going to be cut. Bills fans thought he was going to be trade bait to move up in the draft.

Then why not wait until the draft and see if you could get more out of them to get them to move up? I just think it was a misstep by Cleveland to do this now.

As long as the Jets either sign Cousins or drafts Mayfield I'll look at it as a step in the right direction. This is definitely exciting to see but it seems like some Jets fans on Twitter are feeling some type of way because of all of these moves NOT made by the Jets. 

It's still so early in the offseason. FA is in a few days, Pro Days are about to start and the Draft is more than a month away. 

Congrats to Kizer though. He gets to learn behind a legend and got away from Hue Jackson. 

I wonder what this Tyrod Talyor move means for AJ McCarron??? 

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What do I have to be calm about? The Bills are going to move up and it’s quite F-n obvious. That’s not okay when we know we aren’t getting Cousins. We have to make the move now or never.

Don't forget about the Dolphins sitting at 11, 2 division rivals as it stands now  who will more than likely be looking for a QB in .the 1st. Mac better do his job

• After 2 miserable seasons that were also underachieving, the Browns need to do better next year.  Taylor is viewed as a temporary improvement over Kizer and perhaps a vote of no confidence in the rookies.  Jury is still out who the Browns pick and when.  
  • Giants are wildcard if they really wanted Barkley and were not prepared to draft another QB.  That is an ownership decision-Gettleman would take the RB and try to win now.  
  • The Bills just made the playoffs and have an aggressive and thoughtful front office.  They are not looking for a step backwards.  I don't think a rookie gets them as good play as Taylor.  They are likely planning to draft and sign a QB, somewhere.  What kind of QB would Daboll be looking for?

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

Don't forget about the Dolphins sitting at 11, 2 division rivals as it stands now  who will more than likely be looking for a QB in .the 1st. Mac better do his job

I dont think the Dolphins have enough to do it without sabotaging their draft. They only got a 4th rounder this year for Landry.

The Bills are a different story

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

The pressure is increasing on Mac.  He will not be able to coast into 6 like he did the last 2 times he picked at 6.

Just now, varjet said:
  • After 2 miserable seasons that were also underachieving, the Browns need to do better next year.  Taylor is viewed as a temporary improvement over Kizer and perhaps a vote of no confidence in the rookies.  Jury is still out who the Browns pick and when.  
  • Giants are wildcard if they really wanted Barkley and were not prepared to draft another QB.  That is an ownership decision-Gettleman would take the RB and try to win now.  
  • The Bills just made the playoffs and have an aggressive and thoughtful front office.  They are not looking for a step backwards.  I don't think a rookie gets them as good play as Taylor.  They are likely planning to draft and sign a QB, somewhere.  What kind of QB would Daboll be looking for?

Good third point. I dont the Bills would trade up all that way just to get a backup unless they were really on somebody. Especially after just making the playoffs. Maybe a McCarron works for them

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I dont think the Dolphins have enough to do it without sabotaging their draft. They only got a 4th rounder this year for Landry.

The Bills are a different story

It will kill Tannebaum if the Jets are able to get a Mayfield or Rosen over the Dolphins.  This business is very personal. 

Archived