Tyrod to the Browns

bla bla bla

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Now the Bills have no QB and do not pick until 21st - yes, they have 5 of the top 65 picks in the draft but maybe this raises more questions on the top QB's (unless the Bills trade up)

Maybe teams do not see as much of a gap between the first and second tier of QB's or maybe they do not expect a run on QB's like many expect... MM mock had Rosen falling to Arizona, crazy as it seemed maybe there something to that... 

Overall I think this helps the Jets by allowing Cleveland to take Allen and develop him behind TT - horrible move IMHO but the Browns do need to save the Jets from being the Browns

That is a huge benefit to the jets if Cleveland would let allen sit.  Though it still doesn't eliminate buffalo trading up to get Rosen, or Denver drafting mayfield.  Ultimately, mccagnan will have to decide how much he wants to give up to move up to 3, b/c if he doesn't he's playing with fire.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The big question is "how much" is it going to cost us to move to Indys pick? I think it's minimum the 6th a 2nd and next years first.

Now we can put a price on wins.  The win over Buffalo will cost us at least one 2nd rounder and the win against KC will cost us our 2019 1st rounder.  

7 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Now the Bills have no QB and do not pick until 21st - yes, they have 5 of the top 65 picks in the draft but maybe this raises more questions on the top QB's (unless the Bills trade up)

Maybe teams do not see as much of a gap between the first and second tier of QB's or maybe they do not expect a run on QB's like many expect... MM mock had Rosen falling to Arizona, crazy as it seemed maybe there something to that... 

Overall I think this helps the Jets by allowing Cleveland to take Allen and develop him behind TT - horrible move IMHO but the Browns do need to save the Jets from being the Browns

I think most of these mocks are senseless right now.  There is absolutely a gap in talent.  Darnold and Rosen are the top with Mayfield being the consensus next guy.  Allen is going to get his first GM and HC fired because he has a long road ahead of him to develop into an NFL QB.  How do you ask your fans to be patient with him, all the while Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield are lighting up the league?

And the only reason these mocks have the QBs falling is because they aren’t predicting trades.  

If Indy really wants Chubb, why wouldn’t they trade down with the Jets or Broncos, pick up a king’s ransom and still get their guy?

If Cleveland takes Darnold at 1, why wouldn’t they move down with another team, at least to 6, where they could still shore up their corner spot with Fitzpatrick or Ward.

And if Denver for some reason isn’t going to draft a QB, I can guarantee you that Elway rapes Miami or Buffalo for that pick.  All in all, 4 QBs will probably go in the top 7 or 8 picks.

To out in perspective, ProFootball Weekly mocked Carson Wentz to the Jets with the same pick we got Darron Lee. 

When it all comes down to it, the only position that matters is the QB.  With the recent success of Mariota, Goff, and Wentz being playoff QBs, to the limited success of Watson to the promotion of Mahones, everyone wants in.

With Buffalo, AZ, Den, NYJ, & Cle having no immediate answer at QB, to teams like Miami, NYG, among others who are looking towards 2019, there is way more demand that there is supply.

8 minutes ago, Pcola said:

With Buffalo, AZ, Den, NYJ, & Cle having no immediate answer at QB, to teams like Miami, NYG, among others who are looking towards 2019, there is way more demand that there is supply.

It amazes me that in the 80s, even bad teams had ok to good QBs. Neil Lomax for the Cardinals, Ken O'Brien for the Jets, Lynn Dickey for the Packers, Tommy Kramer for the Vikings, Dave Krieg for the Seahawks.

The depth at QB in the league has nosedived because of the evolution of the college game and where it has gone and teams impatience.

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It amazes me that in the 80s, even bad teams had ok to good QBs. Neil Lomax for the Cardinals, Ken O'Brien for the Jets, Lynn Dickey for the Packers, Tommy Kramer for the Vikings, Dave Krieg for the Seahawks.

The depth at QB in the league has nosedived because of the evolution of the college game and where it has gone and teams impatience.

What’s sad is, for the most part, teams with the better QB trump the team with the better roster.  

37 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I hope you’re right.  That is the question.  Will a GM in the top 5 ignore all the film and just go off the combine and interviews and draft Josh Allen?

7 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I hope you’re right.  That is the question.  Will a GM in the top 5 ignore all the film and just go off the combine and interviews and draft Josh Allen?

It has happened before, and we need it to happen again, not sure why the Browns wanted TT unless he is a bridge or they really needed a backup QB (LOL), maybe Allen said he would love to play for Cleveland, we have heard Rosen and Darnold would not be excited playing there - should be interesting

Not sure I would be happy if the Jets traded a 3rd for TT - maybe they will trade 1 or 4? who knows but I would think a choice of QB in a top draft class would be enough, Browns must know something we do not :)

30 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Or maybe the League expanded and guys who should be bagging groceries are now NFL players. The talent pool is shallow and parity now rules.

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

It has happened before, and we need it to happen again, not sure why the Browns wanted TT unless he is a bridge or they really needed a backup QB (LOL), maybe Allen said he would love to play for Cleveland, we have heard Rosen and Darnold would not be excited playing there - should be interesting

Not sure I would be happy if the Jets traded a 3rd for TT - maybe they will trade 1 or 4? who knows but I would think a choice of QB in a top draft class would be enough, Browns must know something we do not :)

Your last line is cracking me up. ?. In reality, all this #1 picks they had last year, and all these picks they have this year, none of them are worth anything if they don’t get the right guy at QB.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Tyrod is a backup in this league

If you say so, sure looks like he's been starting so far in his career.  And with one of the best TD to INT ratios of anyone.

, they cannot afford to let anyone sit behind him for a few years.

If you say so.  I see no reason they can't.  Be is Darnold at #1 or some other guy in the 2nd.

Tyrod can start the season but once a rookie is ready to go he has to go to the bench and they would be foolish to wait until rd 2 in hopes a QB may be there. They have to come out w/ one of the top QBs in this draft. 

You're just wrong, but I doubt I'm going to convince you.

They likely WILL pick a QB.  They do not HAVE to pick a QB. 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Browns are in love with Mayfield.  

1. CLE: Barkley

2. NYG: Darnold or Rosen or Barkley or trade down to team who takes Darnold/Rosen

3. IND: Barkley, if there.  If not, Trade down - to team who takes Rosen/Darnold

4. CLE: Mayfield (or Allen)

5. DEN: Allen (or Mayfield)

6. NYJ: standing there holding their d*cks as usual.

Certainly possible.

16 hours ago, Pac said:

Why is it not obvious that Taylor is there to backup the rookie or start if they'e not ready?  Darnold or Allen will still be a Brown..  probably Allen at 1.

He's a good bridge QB for 1 year.   Either as a starter until the rookie is ready, or as a backup.

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you say so, sure looks like he's been starting so far in his career.  And with one of the best TD to INT ratios of anyone.

The Bills benched him when they were 5-3 and just traded him for a bag of beans - leaving themselves without a QB in the process. 

Acquiring Taylor in no way shape or form means that drafting a QB with the 1st or 4th pick is suddenly optional.  It means that Dorsey is hedging his bet with a guy who can at least play if Allen/Darnold isn't ready in Sept.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

The Bills benched him when they were 5-3 and just traded him for a bag of beans - leaving themselves without a QB in the process. 

Acquiring Taylor in no way shape or form means that drafting a QB with the 1st or 4th pick is suddenly optional.  It means that Dorsey is hedging his bet with a guy who can at least play if Allen/Darnold isn't ready in Sept.

Didn’t know the browns were going to go from O-16 to a contender next yr?. I think they have to see something in Taylor beyond just this upcoming season. They could have easily signed a vet for a yr with out giving up a 3rd just to hold the fort down for a yr. Maybe are looking to trade back and also take Lamar Jackson to play similar offense as Taylor. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Didn’t know the browns were going to go from O-16 to a contender next yr?. I think they have to see something in Taylor beyond just this upcoming season. They could have easily signed a vet for a yr with out giving up a 3rd just to hold the fort down for a yr. Maybe are looking to trade back and also take Lamar Jackson to play similar offense as Taylor. 

I don't know much about Jackson but I thought his game was more Mike Vick than Tyrod..   Tyrod runs as a last resort and would much prefer to stay in the pocket.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't know much about Jackson but I thought his game was more Mike Vick than Tyrod..   Tyrod runs as a last resort and would much prefer to stay in the pocket.

That’s true. But browns can always gear the offense more around the qb run, instead of just pass first option. I also think if you are the browns and know you get a top 5 pick every yr, it’s ok to take a yr off of drafting a qb 1st rd every now and then ? ha. 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Browns struck again. They have sent DT Danny Shelton to the Patriots 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Final terms of the deal: the Patriots acquire Danny Shelton and a 2018 fifth-round pick from the Browns for 2019 third-round pick.

We already know PaperBoy its in the free agent thread. :D

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

CCB265C4-2248-4792-A519-26E4C83DDCE3.gif

The cool thing about facts, if they're wrong, it's easy to disprove.

We both know you're too lazy to try, but by all means, list all the QB's with a better TD to INT ratio since Tyrod Talyor came into the NFL and started.

5 hours ago, Pcola said:

Now we can put a price on wins.  The win over Buffalo will cost us at least one 2nd rounder and the win against KC will cost us our 2019 1st rounder.  

Yeah but you cannot put a price in the fact that those wins earned Bowles and mac an extension.

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The cool thing about facts, if they're wrong, it's easy to disprove.

We both know you're too lazy to try, but by all means, list all the QB's with a better TD to INT ratio since Tyrod Talyor came into the NFL and started.

Remember when you said Tyrod was Geno II

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Remember when you said Tyrod was Geno II

Sounds like something I'd say.

Tyrod > Geno

Happy now?

I still don;t want him per se (Tyrod), but he's certainly > McCown, Petty, Hack or the also ran FA QB's I presume Macc will eventually wind up with, lol.

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

If you say so.  I see no reason they can't.  Be is Darnold at #1 or some other guy in the 2nd.

You're just wrong, but I doubt I'm going to convince you.

he has started on mediocre teams and has played well in garbage time but poorly when his team needs him.  he was awful in 2017 but he had a great TD to INT ratio!  I truly believe people don't watch football and just look at blind #s.  The guy was putrid this year, they benched him(rightfully so) for a guy that wasn't ready to play, they made the playoffs for the first time since 1999 and got rid of him.  That should tell you something.

No young QB if they have any talent at all is sitting behind Tyrod Taylor for 2-3 seasons.

They HAVE to pick a QB or this offseason will be a bust for them.  They made a few nice moves, now have a vet QB that can start the season and step aside when a young guy is ready but if they are banking on taylor to lead them anywhere then they will continue to be the browns.

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sounds like something I'd say.

Tyrod > Geno

Happy now?

I still don;t want him per se (Tyrod), but he's certainly > McCown, Petty, Hack or the also ran FA QB's I presume Macc will eventually wind up with, lol.

I don't know if he's better than McCown, not the McCown we saw in 2017 and we could bring back McCown at a much cheaper cost.  Both McCown and Taylor would be vets playing until the rookies are ready to play. it would have made no sense to go after Taylor.

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine using your cap space to add talented young players to your roster while not compromising your draft position. 

an expensive ER who catches everything w/in 5 yds of the LOS

a vet QB who is terrible and led a playoff team to less than 17 PPG following that up w/ leading his O to 3 PPg in their playoff game against a D who would allow 42 and 24 the next 2 weeks.

Imagine how great the Jets would be if we made these moves?

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

an expensive ER who catches everything w/in 5 yds of the LOS

a vet QB who is terrible and led a playoff team to less than 17 PPG following that up w/ leading his O to 3 PPg in their playoff game against a D who would allow 42 and 24 the next 2 weeks.

Imagine how great the Jets would be if we made these moves?

Haha word. Also, we’re about to give Josh McCown $12 million dollars. 

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Haha word. Also, we’re about to give Josh McCown $12 million dollars. 

I don't know what we are going to give McCown but if he's back it's only going to be a 1 year deal as a vet helping to mentor a young, drafted QB.  He'll be worth whatever we pay for 1 season if he is back.

Archived