Will giants take Barkley?

kevinc855

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Pac said:

Many on this site like to pretend Macc is stupid but he's not.

The only way he gives up that much to move up is if he is 100% ok with any combination of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield.

I was thinking Mayfield earlier but the more articles I read the more I see how high many experts are on Allen.  It might just be that Macc would be equally happy with Darnold, Rosen, or Allen.

Despite all the Allen hate he could be gone before we pick.  and he could turn into Big Ben part deux on the Giants which would suck.

If Maccagnan is ok with trading this much for Josh Allen, then he’s actually way stupider than even the most pessimistic of us thought.

43 minutes ago, morny said:

I'd be very surprised if the Giants would accept a trade deal of less value than ours - we "overpaid" (according to the draft value chart) by about 600 points. I'd suspect Giants would be wanting considerably more than that off the Bills to drop so far. 

But that's not the only insane thing in there; the idea that Gentleman should take billboards is insane, or that the Giants would accept Darron Lee to move down a spot. 

I agree lol...part of the 'fair' compensation, which is negotiable, depends on how far back the trading team is willing to fall.  I wouldn't expect the Giants to take a straight value chart offer to trade back to 12 and miss out on Nelson and/or Barkley.

I could easily see Gettleman shake Macc's tree for say our 3rd rd DP this year to drop back one spot if the QB Macc really wants is still on the board, and Gettleman had no intention of taking a QB anyway.  This is where we might actually get a take on Macc's true valuation fo the 3 QBs in his 'top 3'.

The team I worry about is the Broncos if the Browns take Darnold.  The Giants might not mind a drop to 5 where they'd still get either Barkley or Nelson depending on who CLE takes at 4 and IF the Broncos are inclined to move up, could start a bidding was with us.

It'll be interesting for sure. 

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I agree lol...part of the 'fair' compensation, which is negotiable, depends on how far back the trading team is willing to fall.  I wouldn't expect the Giants to take a straight value chart offer to trade back to 12 and miss out on Nelson and/or Barkley.

I could easily see Gettleman shake Macc's tree for say our 3rd rd DP this year to drop back one spot if the QB Macc really wants is still on the board, and Gettleman had no intention of taking a QB anyway.  This is where we might actually get a take on Macc's true valuation fo the 3 QBs in his 'top 3'.

The team I worry about is the Broncos if the Browns take Darnold.  The Giants might not mind a drop to 5 where they'd still get either Barkley or Nelson depending on who CLE takes at 4 and IF the Broncos are inclined to move up, could start a bidding was with us.

exactly.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If Maccagnan is ok with trading this much for Josh Allen, then he’s actually way stupider than even the most pessimistic of us thought.

meanwhile the bills were being lauded as geniuses for trying to chinese checker there way to the top 3 to get him.

8 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Browns would take Barkley at 4. Their dream scenario is darnold/Barkley. 

42 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

If only Cousins had gone to the Broncos. More worried about them than Bills. Anyone have a theory to assuage that concern?

The only thing that gives me some hope that the Broncos stay at 5 is that IND probably talked to them too about moving up to 3 before trying with us and they obviously weren't that enamored at this point.  Honestly, the Broncos don't really 'need' a QB if they believe in Keenum and may be content to sit at 5 and see what falls to them...and take a QB there if it's someone they want or take another player without giving up what was likely gonna cost them their first 3 picks I would imagine. 

Since we moved up to 3, why not the Bills moving up to 1?  They have a boatload of picks to give the Browns and the Browns would still have their 4 pick.  

Round Pick Overall 
1 12 12******** 
1 22 22* 
2 21 53 
2 24 56** 
3 1 65******* 
3 32 96*** 
4 21 121 
5 29 166**** 
6 13 187*

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Went st party’s day drinking with a lot of giants fan today and we were together when trade happened. Seems like the fan base wants Barkley over qb? This fan base Is so loyal to Eli and feels he has some more time left with Davis Webb learning the ropes. Feel Barkley gives Eli the best chance to start winning now. It’s great if that happens since then we get rosen most likely, but wonder what the giants front office is thinking 

And that, my friend, is all that matters.

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Browns would take Barkley at 4. Their dream scenario is darnold/Barkley. 

My point was only if the Giants would be happy with either player (Barkley or Nelson), one of them will be there at 5.

Maybe Nelson and a boatload of picks from Denver would be more enticing to Gettleman than just Barkley.  Who knows?

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

meanwhile the bills were being lauded as geniuses for trying to chinese checker there way to the top 3 to get him.

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Really? By whom?

I was, actually, and if the Bills had jumped up to three by giving the Colts their two ones and a future two, I’m pretty sure the Jets fan base would be in hysterics all day. 

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

My point was only if the Giants would be happy with either player (Barkley or Nelson), one of them will be there at 5.

Maybe Nelson and a boatload of picks from Denver would be more enticing to Gettleman than just Barkley.  Who knows?

If Barkley is not a guy they have to have, and they aren’t picking qb, they are definitely trading down. 5 is probably too far for Barkley. Unless browns trade the 4th pick. Then you are right Barkley could be there at 5.  

3 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Since we moved up to 3, why not the Bills moving up to 1?  They have a boatload of picks to give the Browns and the Browns would still have their 4 pick.  

Round Pick Overall 
1 12 12******** 
1 22 22* 
2 21 53 
2 24 56** 
3 1 65******* 
3 32 96*** 
4 21 121 
5 29 166**** 
6 13 187*

According to the value chart ALL 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds would barely equal the value of that overall #1 pick. I think the Browns would want a large premium over that.

8 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Round Pick Overall 
1 12 12******** 
1 22 22* 
2 21 53 
2 24 56** 
3 1 65******* 
3 32 96*** 
4 21 121 
5 29 166**** 
6 13 187*

This is the CLE draft picks they possess in 2018...they don't need anymore DPs, there'd be no where to put them:

Here’s the Cleveland Browns’ full list of 2018 NFL draft picks:

• 1st round | 1st overall
  • 1st round | 4th overall (from Houston)
  • 2nd round | 33rd overall
  • 2nd round | 35th overall (from Houston)
  • 2nd round | 64th overall (from Philadelphia)
  • 3rd round | 65th overall
  • 4th round | 101st overall
  • 4th round | 123rd overall (from Carolina)
  • 5th round | 138th overall
  • 5th round | 159th overall (from Kansas City)
  • 6th round | 175th overall
  • 7th round | 219th overall

If CLE took that deal from BUF, they'd have 4 1sts, 5 2nds, 3 3rds, 3 4ths, 3 5ths, 2 6ths and a 7th...21 picks lol.

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

This is the CLE draft picks they possess in 2018...they don't need anymore DPs, there'd be no where to put them:

Here’s the Cleveland Browns’ full list of 2018 NFL draft picks:

• 1st round | 1st overall
  • 1st round | 4th overall (from Houston)
  • 2nd round | 33rd overall
  • 2nd round | 35th overall (from Houston)
  • 2nd round | 64th overall (from Philadelphia)
  • 3rd round | 65th overall
  • 4th round | 101st overall
  • 4th round | 123rd overall (from Carolina)
  • 5th round | 138th overall
  • 5th round | 159th overall (from Kansas City)
  • 6th round | 175th overall
  • 7th round | 219th overall

If CLE took that deal from BUF, they'd have 4 1sts, 5 2nds, 3 3rds, 3 4ths, 3 5ths, 2 6ths and a 7th...21 picks lol.

Like you said, no room for them all.

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If Barkley is not a guy they have to have, and they aren’t picking qb, they are definitely trading down. 5 is probably too far for Barkley. Unless browns trade the 4th pick. Then you are right Barkley could be there at 5.  

You're not getting the point.  It's not either Barkley at 2 or Nelson at 5.  It's either Barkley at 2 or Nelson+boatload additional DP's from DEN.

They may value Barkley a lot...but perhaps NOT value Barkley as much as accepting taking Nelson PLUS the additional picks for moving down.  At a certain point, they may opt for another deal and leave Barkley be.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was, actually, and if the Bills had jumped up to three by giving us their two ones and a future two, I’m pretty sure the Jets fan base would be in hysterics all day. 

I don’t think anyone was lauding the Bills for moving up for the express purpose of taking Allen, and if they were, then they’re ******* morons too. The very best thing about this site is when Pac gets his dander up because someone somewhere isn’t honking off into a Wayne Chrebet jersey as often as he is and he resolves to make them pay by exposing some hypocrisy that always ends up being something like “wow so the paeudo intellectuals of the Wolf Ilk think Hackenberg was a bad pick but I don’t hear them criticizing the Rams for drafting Sean Mannion, hmm interesting”

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don’t think anyone was lauding the Bills for moving up for the express purpose of taking Allen, and if they were, then they’re ******* morons too. The very best thing about this site is when Pac gets his dander up because someone somewhere isn’t honking off into a Wayne Chrebet jersey as often as he is and he resolves to make them pay by exposing some hypocrisy that always ends up being something like “wow so you think Hackenberg was a bad pick but I don’t hear you criticizing the Rams for drafting Sean Mannion, hmm interesting”

Ha! Or when Pac throws out the “people are saying” and then dives under his desk whenever he’s asked to be specific. Always a fave.

Archived