Rosen, Darnold, or this trade was an epic fail!

Lupz27

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn’t call it an epic fail, but it would at least take a bit of a hit in my eyes.

Darnold and Rosen have always been the ultimate prizes of this class. We’ve all really known this going back a full year at least.

Despite Darnold’s propensity for turnovers and Rosen’s fragility, they’re still “the guys” at the end of the day.

If we end up walking away with Allen or Mayfield, I’ll still look on the bright side with the mindset that we’ve landed our QB for the next decade, but there’s no question that some definite doubt will have crept in.

Would love Rosen or Darnold, but Allen is just as much a potential future franchise QB.  No way a QB from Wyoming is this highly regarded without being legit.  Sit him behind McCown and Bridgewater for a year or two and watch him soar.  He absolutely smoked everyone at the Combine.  Poor Darnold was too scared to compete....Pussy.

I think everyone is missing the bigger picture here.  Buffalo is in need of a QB, and they have been acquiring draft picks to try to move up to #3 in a trade with Indy.  

If both Darold and Rosen are gone by #3, and Buffalo traded with Indy, then goodbye Baker Mayfield.

Now, you have to worry that someone will move up ahead of the Jets and get Allen before the Jets could at 6.

Now, if Darold or Rosen are available at 3, then the Jets really made out great, but if they don't trade at all , they could have been out completely and would have been devastating for the organization.

12 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And one of Mayfield or Allen would be there at 6 so epic fail!

We have to assume Macc considers either Allen or Mayfield or both a reason to move up.  Most likely Rosen and Darnold are gone.  Maybe one of the two would be available at 6 but maybe not.  It could easily go Browns: Darnold, Giants: Rosen, Buffalo: Allen or Mayfield,  Broncos: Allen or Mayfield  That would leave us screwed.  Macc knew this and did the right thing by at least guaranteeing we get a top 3 QB.

Just now, afjetsfan said:

We have to assume Macc considers either Allen or Mayfield a reason to move up.  Most likely Rosen and Darnold are gone.  Maybe one of the two would be available at 6 but maybe not.  It could easily go Browns: Darnold, Giants: Rosen, Buffalo: Allen or Mayfield.  That leaves us screwed.  Macc knew this and did the right thing.

The Colts are not trading back to 12th, and if it did go QB, QB, QB then you call Cleveland for the 4th pick simple.

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And one of Mayfield or Allen would be there at 6 so epic fail!

Not sure Mayfield would be an epic fail but Rosen or Darnold seem to be the prizes . Fools gold? Perhaps,  but those have been “the” guys since the start. Drafting Allen at 3 would be like drafting Hacc in the second. 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

The Colts are not trading back to 12th, and if it did go QB, QB, QB then you call Cleveland for the 4th pick simple.

If that was successful, and you can be sure it would be a bidding war, you've just guaranteed yourself the one QB nobody else wanted. At #3 the Jets have a very good chance of getting the first or second QB on their board.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Not sure Mayfield would be an epic fail but Rosen or Darnold seem to be the prizes . Fools gold? Perhaps,  but those have been “the” guys since the start. Drafting Allen at 3 would be like drafting Hacc in the second. 

It would still suck, but IMO IF Rosen, Darnold go 1, 2 the trade gamble turned up craps cut your losses instead of chasing bad money, and draft Barkley, MAYBE you rattle the Browns so bad they swap Darnold and a 3rd for him, if not you get best offensive player the Jets ever drafted.

4 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Or maybe he wants to ensure he gets Mayfield or Allen if Rosen and Darnold are gone.  No way Giants or Browns were giving up their spots so the Colts were his only option.

Then he should be fired moving up for either QB.

Draft Day Mind Games:

Browns take Darnold thinking Barkley will be there at 4 since they assume Giants will take Rosen at 2 and Jets will take Mayfield at 3. Browns jumping for joy to take Barkley at 4.  

BUT......Mac pulls a Draft Day Mind Game. He takes Barkley at 3 and the Browns go bat ? ?.  Mac then forces the Browns hand to give up Darnold for Barkley and a #2. Browns then take Allen or Mayfield at 4. WOW that would be COOL ? 

Draft is such a crap shoot hell over the last 10 years or so #1 QB’s being busts. All you can ask is to be in the mix. This draft has 4 QB’s considered top 10 talents, so considering the position that translates into top 5 draft picks. It only fails if the choice is a bust. Better yet the Jets have a #1 next year to offer hope again.

1 minute ago, afjetsfan said:

So if you are Macc, what do you offer the Giants or Browns to get in the top 1 or 2 spot?

I’d give them Adams but they’d have to take Hack and Bowles as well or no deal ?‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Hahaha.  Hack and Bowles is at least a catchy phrase.  That should be a good enough reason, right?

Hack and Bowles. Sounds like a law firm hired by a President to sue a stripper. ?

5 minutes ago, BigO said:

I’d give them Adams but they’d have to take Hack and Bowles as well or no deal ?‍♂️ 

I hope hack catches on somewhere, and some how some way gets into  the starting position for at least a game or two, I just gotta see how bad he really is with my own eyes, I don’t know why but I have to see it 

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I hope hack catches on somewhere, and some how some way gets into  the starting position for at least a game or two, I just gotta see how bad he really is with my own eyes, I don’t know why but I have to see it 

I do too!  I'm not sure Hack is all that bad.  We never gave him a chance.  We should've at least given him a game or two last year.

1 minute ago, afjetsfan said:

Seems reasonable.  Not sure what Macc offered the Giants.  Apparently he did inquire what it would take and balked.

They probably wanted his free Starbucks coffee ☕️ card and he said No ****in Way.

Just now, afjetsfan said:

I do too!  I'm not sure Hack is all that bad.  We never gave him a chance.  We should've at least given him a game or two last year.

I think that’s part of the mystique,the fact he couldn’t even get in a game last year after being red shirted the year before.....I have to see it 

Archived