Rosen, Darnold, or this trade was an epic fail!

Lupz27

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s clearly not what I said.

I agreed the trade would be an epic fail and there are no exceptions to tagging the trade with that label if they don’t get Rosen or Darnold. 

What if Mayfield is their guy? They have to be prepared for that scenario, Darnold and Rosen can go 1 and 2 or someone can trade to 2. We have no idea how any of these guys will turn out until they start playing.

1 minute ago, afjetsfan said:

That would also seem reasonable to get Rosen if that was who Macc wanted.  I know 1st round draft picks are gold, but what would we lose?  Another ******* DL

If we had a good yr and was drafting late teens that’s what thing. Not a top 10 pick. 

59 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And one of Mayfield or Allen would be there at 6 so epic fail!

You can't possibly know that. The fact you said if we don't get Rosen or Darnold at 2 suggests you believe they may be gone. I think that is a possible situation and if they don't take a QB then we will be able to pick from 3 of the 4 instead of taking the left overs. So if we don't trade up that means the Bills or Cardinals are picking 3rd.

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Bills - Allen

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Jets - thumb up the bum

I'll relate this to dating a girl. There are 4 girls up for grabs, you might get lucky and the 4th girl with the snaggle tooth and lisp could be there at 6 but hey you can go on 3 decent dates or you can save your money and go on a great date with your choice of 2 or 3 girls.

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

You can't possibly know that. The fact you said if we don't get Rosen or Darnold at 2 suggests you believe they may be gone. I think that is a possible situation and if they don't take a QB then we will be able to pick from 3 of the 4 instead of taking the left overs. So if we don't trade up that means the Bills or Cardinals are picking 3rd.

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Bills - Allen

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Jets - thumb up the bum

I'll relate this to dating a girl. There are 4 girls up for grabs, you might get lucky and the 4th girl with the snaggle tooth and lisp could be there at 6 but hey you can go on 3 decent dates or you can save your money and go on a great date with your choice of 2 or 3 girls.

Colts gm came out after trade saying he wouldn’t trade out of top 10.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Colts gm came out after trade saying he wouldn’t trade out of top 10.

Yes that is what he said, but if the Jets didn't trade with them and they were offered a haul from the Bills to slide to 12 I think they would have made the trade. The Jets or Broncos were obviously their first choice to trade down to but if they were offered 3 first round picks to go to 12 and they passed on that they'd be idiots.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

You don’t. As I said, however the results fall into place is how they fall. But In my opinion Rosen and Darnold have the highest success rate and for what we paid, I would like an opportunity with one of those two. However Maccagnan views it is what truly matters but as it pertains to my own personal evaluation, it’s those two.

I think most will agree, I do too.  But as the other poster was saying we wont know until after it shakes loose a few years down the road.

29 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

What if Mayfield is their guy? They have to be prepared for that scenario, Darnold and Rosen can go 1 and 2 or someone can trade to 2. We have no idea how any of these guys will turn out until they start playing.

Then he is their guy and I will definitely get behind him. But if I’m the guy send the pick in..it’s gotta be Rosen.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think most will agree, I do too.  But as the other poster was saying we wont know until after it shakes loose a few years down the road.

Heres to hoping they get it right. I just remain super hopeful Rosen is there when we pick. That would be a blessing for me.

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

I like Quarterbacks that complete passes.

In all fairness, his team was sh*t.  As were some teams he played against.  There is a curve there.  56% all considered... had no help this past year.  The year before, he had a little.

Completely disagree. 

A lot of people are under the impression that Mayfield would have definitely beet there at #6, but I tend to disagree. These QBs have gone early in recent years. When teams get QB hungry, they really look for that meal nowadays. Mayfield has a lot of physical talent and we know that there have been a handful of QB needy teams (Bills/Cardinals) trying to trade up into the top 5. 

Also, I think Mayfield has a chance to be very good. The same can be said for Allen, even though I'd stay away from him. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Completely disagree. 

A lot of people are under the impression that Mayfield would have definitely beet there at #6, but I tend to disagree. These QBs have gone early in recent years. When teams get QB hungry, they really nowadays. Mayfield has a lot of physical talent and we know that there have been a handful of QB needy teams (Bills/Cardinals) trying to trade up into the top 5. 

Also, I think Mayfield has a chance to be very good. The same can be said for Allen, even though I'd stay away from him. 

Who is your #1 guy? Just curious.

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Probably Rosen. If the concussions didn't scare me I'd say Definitely Rosen. You?

Most definitely Rosen, as my avatar pic tells. I think he’s head and shoulder the best passer in this draft. 

Some view him as “safe” more than anything else in an attempt to interpret some sorta of lack of *boom* as a prospect/ceiling but I think if he stays upright . . he can dissect a defense in an elite manner. 

He fits our offense perfect on top of that. 

I honestly really hope Rosen is our guy come draft day. It will be the one QB that makes me feel like this trade was worth it.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Most definitely Rosen as my avatar pic tells. I think he’s head and shoulder the best passer in this draft. 

Some view him as “safe” more than anything else in an attempt to interpret some sorta of lack of *boom* as a prospect/ceiling but I think if he stays upright . . he can dissect a defense in an elite manner. 

He fits our offense perfect on top of that. 

I honestly really hope Rosen is our guy come draft day. It will be the one QB that makes me feel like this trade was worth it.

Hahaha, I didn''t even notice that. Wow. Embarrassing for me. 

I completely agree with you. I think your assessment of Rosen is dead on. He looks like a big-time NFL passer to me. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Hahaha, I didn''t even notice that. Wow. Embarrassing for me. 

I completely agree with you. I think your assessment of Rosen is dead on. He looks like a big-time NFL passer to me. 

Haha he’s wearing an alternative jersey in that pic so I don’t blame you for not noticing.

I like Quarterbacks that complete passes.
I dont like Allen either but didn't he look pretty sharp at the combine? Most "experts" said he was the best looking qb there if im not mistaken. I know darnold didn't throw which he probably should have because he didn't have a great season

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

When Mac made this trade he made it with the understanding that he was comfortable drafting 3 QB's at 3.

There was no risk taking here - not counting on getting lucky.  

I don't think it was a conincidence this happened after Mayfield's and Rosen's pro-day.  He likely was convinced, at that point, both of those guys were worthy of being drafted at 3 (assuing Darnold too)

If that's the case I'm all for it.

I personally would love Mayfield and the idea of saying it would be a failure if we got him  - to me - is ridicuous.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Completely agree. 

From someone who really likes Mayfield. It’s Rosen/Darnold or bust.

Once you actually spend the dough to get to this spot...it really changes your perspective on how risky you want to get because now you have a wider range of possibilities. There was always a chance for Mayfield/Allen prior . . . Now you have a crack at the top of the top no matter how it shakes out(barring a trade down from NYG)

1. Rosen 

2. Darnold

ZERO exceptions.

AND nothing you can do if they go 1-2. 

They have guaranteed themselves one of the top three.....that is the best that you can hope for. 

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

They have guaranteed themselves one of the top three.....that is the best that you can hope for. 

Draft Barkley lol. Bowles wants to run more then any other team in nfl. He can also be a good short receiver out of backfield. Good for any type of qb. I want darnold or Rosen. But I’m not sold on Allen. Mac may not be either. They have been rumored to like Barkley. He could be 3rd on the depth chart. And he is definitely #1 on all boards, we know Mac loves BPA ha

They wouldn't have made this deal unless there were 3 Qbs they like enough to trade up and draft that high for. And we don't know what order they rate them. Rumors for awhile have been they like Josh Allen. He has a great arm but so does Hack. If Allen is so unready he never plays a down Mac is toast. Unless that is Teddy comes back and is the Qb he used to be. 

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I know it. That’s what scares me. I’m going to have an anxiety attack when it comes time for the Giants to pick.  

Archived