Rosen, Darnold, or this trade was an epic fail!

Lupz27

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree. 

From someone who really likes Mayfield. It’s Rosen/Darnold or bust.

Once you actually spend the dough to get to this spot...it really changes your perspective on how risky you want to get because now you have a wider range of possibilities. There was always a chance for Mayfield/Allen prior . . . Now you have a crack at the top of the top no matter how it shakes out(barring a trade down from NYG)

1. Rosen 

2. Darnold

ZERO exceptions.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Completely agree. 

From someone who really likes Mayfield. It’s Rosen/Darnold or bust.

Once you actually spend the dough to get to this spot...it really changes your perspective on how risky you want to get because now you have a wider range of possibilities. There was always a chance for Mayfield/Allen prior . . . Now you have a crack at the top of the top no matter how it shakes out(barring a trade down from NYG)

1. Rosen 

2. Darnold

ZERO exceptions.

So if Rosen and Darnold go 1 and 2, you would forfeit the pick?

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So if Rosen and Darnold go 1 and 2, you would forfeit the pick?

That’s clearly not what I said.

I agreed the trade would be an epic fail and there are no exceptions to tagging the trade with that label if they don’t get Rosen or Darnold. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I agreed the trade would be an epic fail and there are no exceptions to that tagging the trade with that label if they don’t get Rosen or Darnold. 

This guy gets it!

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I agreed the trade would be an epic fail and there are no exceptions to tagging the trade with that label if they don’t get Rosen or Darnold. 

This trade can only be evaluated after these QBs play. You have no idea which of these QBs will pan out. You aren't an expert and even experts are just making educated guesses. 

You're just giving us your hot take. 

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This trade can only be evaluated after these QBs play. You have no idea which of these QBs will pan out. You aren't an expert and even experts are just making educated guesses. 

You're just giving us your hot take. 

I am not an expert and you are right, I’m just giving you my best assumption.

Do you think I don’t know that? 97% of this board is opinion so don’t act astonished. My opinion is, this trade is an epic fail without getting the top of the top.(in my opinion)

How the facts fall into place after the draft are how they fall. You aren’t offering anything ground breaking to any of us here. We know it’s not cold facts yet, we are giving our opinion on what most likely will be.

Mac doesn’t make this trade if he’s not sold on rosen AND mayfield. He probably prefers Rosen but is good with taking either. This trade guarantees us getting one of the two. Rosen would be perfect for us but if not mayfield will fit our system and the Jets haven’t had a QB with his aggressive play and attitude on and off the field in forever. I’m more than pleased with either. 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Do you think I don’t know that? 97% of this board is opinion so don’t act astonished. My opinion is, this trade is an epic fail without getting the top of the top.(in my opinion)

How the facts fall into place after the draft are how they fall. You aren’t offering anything ground breaking to any of us here. We know it’s not cold facts yet, we are giving our opinion on what most likely will be.

Agreed, but there are clearly 4 very highly touted QBs. If I had to rank them in terms of who I'd take it would probably be Darnold.. Rosen... Allen... Mayfield, but I'll be happy with any of them.

The reality is that if we didn't make this trade we were facing the possibility of missing out on all 4. 

The only mistake here was winning 5 meaningless games. 

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Mac doesn’t make this trade if he’s not sold on rosen AND mayfield. He probably prefers Rosen but is good with taking either. This trade guarantees us getting one of the two. Rosen would be perfect for us but if not mayfield will fit our system and the Jets haven’t had a QB with his aggressive play and attitude on and off the field in forever. I’m more than pleased with either. 

So no allen for sure ?

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And who or how are you going to decide today or at draft day who is at the top of the top?

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed, but there are clearly 4 very highly touted QBs. If I had to rank them in terms of who I'd take it would probably be Darnold.. Rosen... Allen... Mayfield, but I'll be happy with any of them.

The reality is that if we didn't make this trade we were facing the possibility of missing out on all 4. 

The only mistake here was winning 5 meaningless games. 

Very true.

The trade holds some value in that regard but how we follow through with it and who we pick is my most important concern in how we view this trade in the long run. I just think when you are in a premium spot like this,, it should be for a premium QB.(Top 1 or 2)

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And who or how are you going to decide today or at draft day who is at the top of the top?

You don’t. As I said, however the results fall into place is how they fall. But In my opinion Rosen and Darnold have the highest success rate and for what we paid, I would like an opportunity with one of those two. However Maccagnan views it is what truly matters but as it pertains to my own personal evaluation, it’s those two.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Title should read "Franchise QB or this trade up was a fail"

I think Rosen and Darnold are the top 2 but Mayfield or Allen absolutely have the tools to be franchise guys.

And one of Mayfield or Allen would be there at 6 so epic fail!

Archived