July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

RICHARD LAMAR DENT

SELECTED BY CHICAGO IN EIGHTH ROUND, 1983 DRAFT. . .AN INTIMIDATING PLAYER, COULD SPEED RUSH OR POWER RUSH QUARTERBACK. . .AMASSED 137.5 CAREER SACKS. . .RECORDED DOUBLE-DIGIT SACKS EIGHT SEASONS. . .LED NFC WITH TEAM RECORD 17.5 SACKS, 1984. . .FOLLOWING YEAR, LED NFL WITH 17 SACKS. . .SUPER BOWL XX MVP. . .NAMED FIRST- OR SECOND-TEAM ALL-PRO FOUR TIMES, ALL-NFC FIVE TIMES. . . SELECTED TO FOUR PRO BOWLS. . .BORN DECEMBER 13, 1960 IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA.

Acknowledged and I raise you one Julius Peppers ?  

154.5 sacks and counting!

1 minute ago, JiF said:

My hatred for certain players is all factoring in now...

hahahaha

I was like, yeah, he should go here but hell nah.  **** that dude.  lmfao

totally.. i had the same reaction .. John Hannah

Debated heavily between Howie Long, a current player who I think goes on to be an all time great at his position and my least favorite player of all time on D.  Went with Howie.

I was going TO the whole way...

Moss and TO????  GTFO!!!

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Debated heavily between Howie Long, a current player who I think goes on to be an all time great at his position and my least favorite player of all time on D.  Went with Howie.

I was going TO the whole way...

Moss and TO????  GTFO!!!

Who’s your QB?

Just now, New York Mick said:

Who’s your QB?

Does it matter???  haha

Havent selected yet.  I wanted Moon there but he was gone.  Rodgers and Brees were my others, gone too.

I've got a couple in mind that will do a phenomenal job of getting the ball to Randy and TO.  Maybe has a fun personality like them too!

hehe

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Moon probably pisses me off the most.  People talk about Marino being the most gifted/natural passer of all time.  Warren Moon could spin it like nobody else. 

Word. If I didn't take Rodgers I would have taken Moon at this point.

I always called him the Black Marino, definitely one of the most gifted passers I ever seen. If only he wasn't forced to play in Canada and waste his prime years there

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Does it matter???  haha

Havent selected yet.  I wanted Moon there but he was gone.  Rodgers and Brees were my others, gone too.

I've got a couple in mind that will do a phenomenal job of getting the ball to Randy and TO.  Maybe has a fun personality like them too!

hehe

There’s still a few left. I know one that would have a field day with those two. 

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Word. If I didn't take Rodgers I would have taken Moon at this point.

I always called him the Black Marino, definitely one of the most gifted passers I ever seen. If only he wasn't forced to play in Canada and waste his prime years there

Yep! Dude was amazing.  His arm, accuracy, spiral, touch, deep ball....off the charts.  Dude threw for 4600 yard in back to back season in the 90's.  crazy.  700 yards more than the next, Marino being one of them in 91.  

Dude was amazing. 

Surprised Gronk lasted this long -- unless its the injury history or just a general aversion to drafting Pats.  Another one that surprised me was JJ Watt lasting as long as he did.  Could be a Top 10 pick after he hangs up his cleats.

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Does it matter???  haha

hehe

Ryan Leaf? 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

@greenwichjetfan - you're killing me!!!!  It was TD or Gronk!!!

back to the drawing board...

No way TD was getting past me. I'm putting his 3 seasons up against anyone's outside of Jim Brown. He led a team to two superbowls and he catapulted Elway from Marino status to possible GOAT status.

The Gronk pick kinda killed me a little bit inside, but just like I value Randy and his talent as the #1 WR in history (regardless of Rice's mind-melting numbers), I feel the same about Gronk at TE relative to Gonzalez.

Polamalu and Ware...I genuinely couldn't believe they fell to me.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Surprised Gronk lasted this long -- unless its the injury history or just a general aversion to drafting Pats.  Another one that surprised me was JJ Watt lasting as long as he did.  Could be a Top 10 pick after he hangs up his cleats.

Watt and Gronk both had injuries so I was 50/50 on taking them. And Gronk is a ******* Pat. I almost went with Larry Allen Instead of Hannah because he played for the Pats. 

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

No way TD was getting past me. I'm putting his 3 seasons up against anyone's outside of Jim Brown. He led a team to two superbowls and he catapulted Elway from Marino status to possible GOAT status.

The Gronk pick kinda killed me a little bit inside, but just like I value Randy and his talent as the #1 WR in history (regardless of Rice's mind-melting numbers), I feel the same about Gronk at TE relative to Gonzalez.

Polamalu and Ware...I genuinely couldn't believe they fell to me.

Gronk I was going for sure.  TD was between him and the dude I just picked.

Surprised by the selection? 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gronk I was going for sure.  TD was between him and the dude I just picked.

Surprised by the selection? 

Definitely surprised on O, yes.

Defense: I swear I thought someone already took Charles Woodson (unless that's a pic of someone else). I can't access the shared doc at work due to my firewall, and it's all jacked up when I try to access it on my phone...but maybe check it before the next person picks so you don't get screwed?

Just now, JiF said:

Hard to just look at the list of selected and remember.  I know it's a pain but checking off by position is going to key moving forward.

I took Lem Barney?  Was he selected. 

Barney is yours.  He is good.

Archived