July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

so are you guys actively considering scheme? I know i'm having a helluva time settling on what i want my defense to look like. I shot myself in the foot, so have to change my plan. 

16 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Trying ... Want to be sure my D has a mix of speed and. Power.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah not so much scheme but combinations of different things I think. Can’t put my finger on it but details might be have to be deciding factors w all these great teams.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paradis said:

All the names i thought would fly low, are getting picked off like it's Duck Hunt' 87.  

Q, if we're looking at the player's peak performance/or the body of work that represents the best period of their career - then we're cool with ignore things like off field stuff. I mean OJ's been "respectfully" picked... I have this thing where a large number of my favorite players turned out to be criminals. 

I think it’s going to be personal preferences, which is what will make this so interesting 

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

so are you guys actively considering scheme? I know i'm having a helluva time settling on what i want my defense to look like. I shot myself in the foot, so have to change my plan. 

I was contemplating running single wing when I wasn’t happy with my QB choices

but wasn’t sure how it would be accepted by the voters 

5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I was contemplating running single wing when I wasn’t happy with my QB choices

but wasn’t sure how it would be accepted by the voters 

i think there's a balance there, of the familiar and the unique. You go to far down one of those rabbit holes and it could cost you in the later rounds of voting. 

15 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Damn guys sorry gonna need a few mins, Strahan was a steal there. Gonna have to recalculate my defensive pick, but my offensive pick is ready ill post it now. 

I was having the hardest time determining Strahan v. Ware, but eventually settled on Ware because a bunch of the derivative metrics favor Ware. Really can’t go wrong with either there.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Yeah not so much scheme but combinations of different things I think. Can’t put my finger on it but details might be have to be deciding factors w all these great teams.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I think it’s going to be personal preferences, which is what will make this so interesting 

Everyone is doing such a good job of picking players that its understandable to kind of introduce your own criteria into the mix. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone want to grade my team thus far?

QB Brett Favre

RB Adrian Peterson

LT Tony Boselli

DE Deacon Jones

DT Merlin Olsen

FS Sean Taylor

I prefer to wait but I’m loco

Dan is always great w these but I wish he’d make his pick

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

OK but yours is an A+.  Bo Jackson, Megatron, and Primetime.  Holy f*ck. 

Dude why sleep on John Randle tho? All time sack leader for DT’s. 

But Im trying to keep this sh*t close to vest bc I’m loco. 

Its sorta pathetic...I’m hsving a hard time falling asleep bc I’m thinkong about my next picks. *serious issues

ADD? OCD? Obsessive Compulsive disorder?

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Its sorta pathetic...I’m hsving a hard time falling asleep bc I’m thinkong about my next picks. *serious issues

You're not alone.  Have you noticed how many posts I have in this thread?

Randle was soft ...

....Actually ....

Dude was a beast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My picks are in.  I just need to ask.  Did Bob Lilly do something to you guys?  How is he still available?  I had to take my 2nd DT because I could not let him drop any further.  My team is going to have weaknesses, but the middle of my DL with Bob Lilly and Mean Joe is not going to be one of them.

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QB Brett Favre

RB Adrian Peterson

LT Tony Boselli

DE Deacon Jones

DT Merlin Olsen

FS Sean Taylor

Favre was quietly a value pick... It's looking good. 

22 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Let's call it for what it is... draft bling. :)

Seriously, some monster talent there. I'm afraid we're all going to have pretty strong teams. Not sure how anybody is going to vote this out.

I wonder if that's even worth it.  Drafting and discussing is the fun part for me.  The voting is going to be interesting because some teams with older players may not get the credit they're due.  I think I'll be interested in creative systems with players that fit them and teams that match up well in certain ways.  There may even be a little rock-paper-scissors thing to it.  Team A may match up well against Team B but be vulnerable to Team C.  But in the end, it's going to be a lot of yelling and whining and we won't be thinking about pre-preseason so it's worth it :)

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QB Brett Favre

RB Adrian Peterson

LT Tony Boselli

DE Deacon Jones

DT Merlin Olsen

FS Sean Taylor

Not bad but six players do not make a team it will be the middle and late rounds that will determine the true strength of the overall balance of a team

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

My picks are in.  I just need to ask.  Did Bob Lilly do something to you guys?  How is he still available?  I had to take my 2nd DT because I could not let him drop any further.  My team is going to have weaknesses, but the middle of my DL with Bob Lilly and Mean Joe is not going to be one of them.

I liked Merlin Olsen just a tad better!

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Not bad but six players do not make a team it will be the middle and late rounds that will determine the true strength of the overall balance of a team

Exactly.  My team has four linemen out of six players.  No RBs or WRs yet.  So it's not sexy.  But my hope is I will add the sizzle later on and the entire team will be solid.  It will probably be all about "does the RB make the OL or does the OL make the RB" debate.  Should be fun.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I liked Merlin Olsen just a tad better!

Can't really go wrong there.  I think those are the top-3 DTs.  To think Olsen got to play next to Deacon Jones...that IS like a fantasy team.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, and I also have Deacon!  :)

That is nasty.  I went for something similar with Greene and Lambert.  Now I may end up having Stephen Hill and Devin Smith as my WRs but my defense will be ferocious.

Archived