Go On Record: Mangini Yes Or No

Maxman

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna go with yes. People like Boomer Esiason assume because of the way we played this year that nobody is going to want to take the job. Like Savage said, Parcells accepted the job of a 1-15 squad and promptly turned them around in 2 years. I'm not saying that's going to happen with Mangini, but he'd be foolish to refuse to accept a job based on 1 bad season when the for the better part of 6 years the Jets have been a competitive team.

Give the guy a shot.

I think this Team is in no worse shape then when Tuna took over Kotites 1-15 Jets! If Mangini takes the Job I wouldn't be surprised to even make the playoffs next season! Same goes for Dinger or Westoff! ANYONE is a improvement over the BBQ Man!! =D> Too many cooks may spoil the Broth but 1 BBQ man can really screw up a Football Team!! :lol:

I have to say, it is pretty refreshing to see Savage seem positive. I hope Mangini is here soon.

I can't wait to see the new, happy Savage!

No....Sorry but I dont know if he's ready for NY and all this media nonsense that comes with being HC here. He's learned and studied under the best but he has no real experience. I dont know if I want him as HC. He's just had his only Coordinator job recently. I don't know if I like any of them at all. whomever they pick I wish them luck and will back them cause they are running my favorite team. time will tell boys...time will tell.

No....Sorry but I dont know if he's ready for NY and all this media nonsense that comes with being HC here. He's learned and studied under the best but he has no real experience. I dont know if I want him as HC. He's just had his only Coordinator job recently. I don't know if I like any of them at all. whomever they pick I wish them luck and will back them cause they are running my favorite team. time will tell boys...time will tell.

Put 28 down for a NO. At the JetNation Super Bowl party in 2 years someone remind me of this post. Because I know 28 will be like, "I knew age wouldn't be a factor with this guy". "He just has it".

:mrgreen:

Put 28 down for a NO. At the JetNation Super Bowl party in 2 years someone remind me of this post. Because I know 28 will be like, "I knew age wouldn't be a factor with this guy". "He just has it".

:mrgreen:

...It's not age..I dont care if he was 24..hell he is only 4 years older than me... :lol: ...but it's not that. Maybe Im uneducated, but he has onlyhad that one major coaching position as a coordinator. and he just got that recently. why are we so sold on him?...as far as I know he only had position jobs and this position he has now...why is he our top choice?...Anyone who gets us to the Super Bowl can have my whole paycheck :lol::lol:

It's not age..I dont care if he was 24..hell he is only 4 years older than me... :lol: ...but it's not that. Maybe Im uneducated, but he has onlyhad that one major coaching position as a coordinator. and he just got that recently. why are we so sold on him?...as far as I know he only had position jobs and this position he has now...why is he our top choice?...Anyone who gets us to the Super Bowl can have my whole paycheck :lol::lol:

You may be right. But he has 11 years in a good program. Time will tell though.

If he is the Jets top choice, I just hope they don't mess it up and end up settling for someone else.

You may be right. But he has 11 years in a good program. Time will tell though.

If he is the Jets top choice, I just hope they don't mess it up and end up settling for someone else.

This is true sir...time will surely tell. I hope they get the best man for the job...whoever that may be. I [-o< we find our guy

Absolutely.

Take the age issue out of this, people. Yes, he has only one year as a defensive coordinator, but that's one year more than Herm had when he came here. Plus he has what, 10 years experience behind Parcells and BB?

Let's take a chance on Mangini. :)

That was basically the same thinking the Steelers had when they hired Cowher at age 34. We had alot of growing pains to go through but Mangini comes from a SB winning program.

That was basically the same thinking the Steelers had when they hired Cowher at age 34. We had alot of growing pains to go through but Mangini comes from a SB winning program.

great obsveration,, and the Steelers have prospered due to that 'chance' they took,,,

I apologized about my Indy pick to u in another thread,, I forgot who was coaching the Colts #-o

[quote

I think this Team is in no worse shape then when Tuna took over Kotites 1-15 Jets! If Mangini takes the Job I wouldn't be surprised to even make the playoffs next season! Same goes for Dinger or Westoff! ANYONE is a improvement over the BBQ Man!! =D> Too many cooks may spoil the Broth but 1 BBQ man can really screw up a Football Team!! :lol:

the other day on insiders someone wrote how we have the easist schedule in the NFL next year-hey the Bears went from 5-11 to last night-who knows with a new system and the probably 30 new players that'll be on the roster we just don't know.

Hey Savage you might even become a Martin fan if Mangini turns him into Marcus Allen HIS last 2 years...(3rd down back exclusive)

the other day on insiders someone wrote how we have the easist schedule in the NFL next year-hey the Bears went from 5-11 to last night-who knows with a new system and the probably 30 new players that'll be on the roster we just don't know.

Hey Savage you might even become a Martin fan if Mangini turns him into Marcus Allen HIS last 2 years...(3rd down back exclusive)

actually i would suspect that a Mangini would force Martin out and push for a Abraham trade.

agree with BZ on every point,,,

see what gettin rid of Herm does,,, :lol:

Makes the world a better place....

Honestly it was the best for both parties involved, and hopefully we don't look down the road in three years with Tice and regret not paying Herm more to stay.

BZ

I VOTE NO I just do not think he is ready to inherit this mess known as the NY Jets. There are too many personnel issues with veteran players that need to be handled and too much discipline that needs to be pounded around.

Go on record...who would your choice be?

I am going to hold you to this during your future Views From The Upper Deck columns! :wink:

• 1 year later...
The front office and coaching staff made blunders this year -no denying that-it is up to them to show they deserve their positions next year.

Of course and everyone (including myself) will be right behind them if they show even some signs of good decision making...

Of course and everyone (including myself) will be right behind them if they show even some signs of good decision making...

I agree but can't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately. If next year is anything remotely similar to this season I want us to clean house and start fresh. Even if that means a few more lost years, I just desperately want to see us competing again.

Archived