This offense

Integrity28

You guys are f*cking losing your minds! Tom Brady probably would have not survived last night playing with this Island of misfit players on offense! 

The Oline was a jail break, Darnold was constantly running for his freaking life. The running game was going backwards, how many 3rd & over 10 yards was he in? 

Players were getting ZERO separation! This defense for the Browns should have beaten the Steelers & Saints. If Baker started those games the Browns are 3-0!

Drew Brees, future HOFer (Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas), Big Ben, Juju, Antonio Brown

21 year old rookie Sam Darnold (Enunwa, UDFA Sticks "fumbles" Anderson, Kearse (playing with abdominal tear), Pryor (horrible route runner), Herndon (rookie TE).

Look at where the Saints & Steelers offensive lines are rated. TOP 5 in the league. 

Please, just shut up already with the Darnold sucks garbage. We do know the Coach has to go!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

thats pretty evident but thats not what I was saying in the post you Quoted .... My point was both coaches suck and in the NFL you need a smart HC or you are not winning sh*t

sometimes it's not even about being smart.  it's just that bowles coaches scared.  when the jets were up 14-0 and 14-3 they sat on that lead like they were nesting an egg.  that's when you go for the knockout blow, especially when you're on the road.  the last thing you want is to get the crowd back into the game. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We downgraded Sanchez’s receivers by his third game ? Don’t remember that. Sanchez had an all world line and couple  seasons of good receivers along with hall of fame running back catching balls out of backfield. 

Other than that practically indetical situation. 

you know what Im talking about ...its the over all development of a QB this team just can't get it right. JIF is correct we should have thrown the big money at Landry a real WR. Honestly I'm not sure why we didn't pursue Gordon then watch him get banned for life. I mean it seemed like a good Idea to surround Sanchez with Drunks and malcontents

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

sometimes it's not even about being smart.  it's just that bowles coaches scared.  when the jets were up 14-0 and 14-3 they sat on that lead like they were nesting an egg.  that's when you go for the knockout blow, especially when you're on the road.  the last thing you want is to get the crowd back into the game. 

I agree Bowles has it all when it comes to pure stupidity

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

He’s literring every thread with it too.

was it Darnold’s fault when they were up 14-0?  Or when he led a 6 minutes drive in the 4th, giving the Jets the lead?  Did he fumble a huge 3rd down conversion?  Get multiple personal fouls and numerous other penalties?  His fault Crowell whiped his ass? Give up big 3rd down conversions on D too? 

Lmfao

Robbie’s fumble 100% Sams fault. He the one that threw it to him. Robbie should only be thrown passes once he is already in the end zone. Darnold’s a bum!! 

you know what Im talking about ...its the over all development of a QB this team just can't get it right. JIF is correct we should have thrown the big money at Landry a real WR. Honestly I'm not sure why we didn't pursue Gordon then watch him get banned for life. I mean it seemed like a good Idea to surround Sanchez with Drunks and malcontents

Again, Landry was TRADED.  Not a FA.  

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Robbie’s fumble 100% Sams fault. He the one that threw it to him. Robbie should only be thrown passes once he is already in the end zone. Darnold’s a bum!! 

While I was driving to work after the game I was wondering to myself why did that damn Sam throw the ball to Robbie

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wait a minute? You trying to say a 21 year old rookie QB in his 3rd game needs protection and receivers in order to have success? Preposterous. 

Robbie’s catch and fumble is an excellent example of what the kid is working with.  But yeah, It’s the 21 year old kids fault. 

Jet fans deserve this. 

You know that play is really a perfect microcosm example of what I’m talking about; faced with terrible field positon starting on the 12, false start on Carpenter, 1st and 15 on the 7, Powell gains it back, false start on Tomlinson, 2nd and 13 from the 7, Sam works his progressions finds Anderson for 17 yards giving them a huge 1st down and breathing room... FUMBLE!

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously though.  Other than a year or so with Braylon and Santonio and a year with Marshall and Decker, it’s been a position of need seemingly every year.  

thats what Im saying and even with those guys you mentioned there was serious disruption 

I know that Sanchez had some success playing a superbowl  caliber team . I know Sam is playing on a team that 90% of the offensive players wouldn’t start on a single team in the league. Our O line might not even make it into  another team. 

Bur yes, when they replaced Sanchez’s receivers with convicts that shot themselves and a malcontent from Baltimore it was a disaster . 

Just not sure how this relates to Sams third game. Well other than the Jets have a history of hating the offensive side of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

You know that play is really a perfect microcosm example.  Of what I’m talking about; faced with terrible field positon starting on the 12, false start on Carpenter, 1st and 15 on the 7, Powell gains it back, false start on Tomlinson, 2nd and 13 from the 7, Sam works his progressions finds Anderson for 17 yards giving them a huge 1st down and breathing room... FUMBLE!

that play was a huge turning point when we could have stuck in the dagger. It always seems to go that way for the Jets because that was a huge momentum turn around for the Browns along with Mayfield and momentum plays a huge part in NFL games

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You know that play is really a perfect microcosm example.  Of what I’m talking about; faced with terrible field positon starting on the 12, false start on Carpenter, 1st and 15 on the 7, Powell gains it back, false start on Tomlinson, 2nd and 13 from the 7, Sam works his progressions finds Anderson for 17 yards giving them a huge 1st down and breathing room... FUMBLE!

Agreed.  Also, when Sterling comes back Tomlinson needs to be banished to the bench.  That guy has what? 5 penalties so far? 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

You know that play is really a perfect microcosm example of what I’m talking about; faced with terrible field positon starting on the 12, false start on Carpenter, 1st and 15 on the 7, Powell gains it back, false start on Tomlinson, 2nd and 13 from the 7, Sam works his progressions finds Anderson for 17 yards giving them a huge 1st down and breathing room... FUMBLE!

The lack of discipline should have gotten Bowles fired before the first free beer was opened in Cleveland last night. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I know that Sanchez had some success playing a superbowl  caliber team . I know Sam is playing on a team that 90% of the offensive players wouldn’t start on a single team in the league. Our O line might not even make it into  another team. 

Bur yes, when they replaced Sanchez’s receivers with convicts that shot themselves and a malcontent from Baltimore it was a disaster . 

Just not sure how this relates to Sams third game. Well other than the Jets have a history of hating the offensive side of the ball. 

Its not about Sams third game it was about the Jets ability to handle a young QB 

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

While I was driving to work after the game I was wondering to myself why did that damn Sam throw the ball to Robbie

Stupid rookie mistake . Robbie should only be thrown ball while falling into the endzone or in the endzone. 

Sam probably just panicked and mistaken him for Enuwa or Kearse.

Other than those two the other receivers should all have “NO” on their jerseys instead of numbers. 

Help Sam out like they did Sanchez with his color coded bracelet. 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

that play was a huge turning point when we could have stuck in the dagger. It always seems to go that way for the Jets because that was a huge momentum turn around for the Browns along with Mayfield and momentum plays a huge part in NFL games

For sure. We were up 14-3, with about 6:30 left in the 3Q. Even if we could have gotten one more first down, we could have gotten out of the quarter in great shape.

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The OL was not the problem the WR's were the problem they have been for the past 19 years

Edwards was a nice big target for the erratic Sanchez, as was burress.  Holmes was quite a talent, jerricho cotchery was a nice 3. Keller was basically a extra receiver for markie. Our D was much better than also. The only position we are better at today then 09/10 is qb..

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Im not going to make excuses for those passes, they were bad, that said, that was as bad of a position to be throwing those passes as possible. The defense knows exactly whats coming, so they give you the middle fo the field, cover everyone, and blitz the sh*t out of you. So the throws are under immense pressure which will always destroy mechanics.

The time to take those shots is to setup the defense, and catch them at a time when your QB can plant his feet and throw the ball. To my recollection, we did not do that once all night.

We also established no passing rhythm whatsoever. Every single time Darnold made a nice pass, which was somewhat rare last night, they followed it up with something to ruin his rhythm. 

Coaching matters, a lot. People were calling Goff a huge bust, look at him with McVey over Fisher. 

We have had 3 OC's in 4 seasons under Bowles, 2, he pulled off the retirement scrap heap. WTF is that?

Technically 3 OCs in 3 consecutive seasons :bag:

Totally agree about getting him into a rhythm. If they want to protect a QB by having him hand off or only do dumpoffs, #1 they're not protecting him they're making him a target on 3rd down, and #2 you do that maybe if you have a comparatively impenetrable OL like 8-10 years ago. Every opposing DC isn't so stupid they don't pick up on what we're doing and where our weaknesses are.

Darnold will be fine. But he's was never a perfectly flawless prospect and, contrary to what seems to have been the thinking of many, we don't just get a highly-ranked FQB prospect fall to us and then we magically get handed a Lombardi because hey we've also got a $10m McMentor on the roster.

A QB is the most important building block by far, but you don't draft one QB and then the rest of the major resources all go to the other side of the ****ing field. I'd far rather they blew out all their spending and picks these past 2 years to make his or any eventual rookie QB's introduction to the league far less rocky, even if it meant fielding a meh or crap defense for a couple years.

If Darnold starts to feel phantom footsteps and get happy feet I will never forgive these knuckleheads. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Totally agree about getting him into a rhythm. If they want to protect a QB by having him hand off or only do dumpoffs, #1 they're not protecting him they're making him a target on 3rd down, and #2 you do that maybe if you have a comparatively impenetrable OL like 8-10 years ago. Every opposing DC isn't so stupid they don't pick up on what we're doing and where our weaknesses are.

when gameplans are too conservative they mess up everything, from the qb to the defense.  every single time the jets have had a lead under bowles he goes into this cocoon where he thinks he can run out the clock in the entire 2nd half with mostly runs and predictable, precarious 3rd and long pass plays.  he did it with fitz and mccown too.  he never goes for the jugular, he always plays for the fg.  how can you not take shots at the end zone when they were driving in the 4th inside the 20?  anyone could tell mayfield was going to get the browns in fg range.  

bowles is a terrible fit with darnold.  you have a guy who coaches scared and a qb whose best attributes are never playing scared regardless of what he did the series before.  

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I agree with 90 % of what you say here but I think this HC does not get what he needs to get out of his players and still plays guys out of position.  He is as you say an abomination

I think the OL, WRs, RBs, and TEs are all playing their proper positions. It's more than that. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

when gameplans are too conservative they mess up everything, from the qb to the defense.  every single time the jets have had a lead under bowles he goes into this cocoon where he thinks he can run out the clock in the entire 2nd half with mostly runs and predictable, precarious 3rd and long pass plays.  he did it with fitz and mccown too.  he never goes for the jugular, he always plays for the fg.  how can you not take shots at the end zone when they were driving in the 4th inside the 20?  anyone could tell mayfield was going to get the browns in fg range.  

bowles is a terrible fit with darnold.  you have a guy who coaches scared and a qb whose best attributes are never playing scared regardless of what he did the series before.  

Successfully running a conservative offense can be a winning formula, but you have to have the team to do it and we don't.

This isn't conservatism. This is fear, cowardice, and stupidity.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Successfully running a conservative offense can be a winning formula, but you have to have the team to do it and we don't.

This isn't conservatism. This is fear and cowardice.

with most of the team's resources invested in the defense and starting a rookie qb, the entire objective of this season should be to get darnold to play his own style and then find players this offseason who are good fits with him.  once again though the problem is that the HC is coaching for his job and coaches scared, which is a terrible fit with darnold who is at his best when he's playing instinctively and unconventionally.  

the problem with last night's game plan on offense wasn't that the jets scaled everything down for a rookie qb.  the problem was that bowles has done this when he's had leads with fitz and mccown too, so you know it's not b/c of darnold.  bowles is too scared to risk losing a lead to deal the death blow to teams that he's beating.  he'd rather keep punting, play prevent defense and give up yards and points in the 2nd half and have the game go down to the wire than take his shots when he's up by 2 scores and try to bury the other team before they can catch up.  

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Totally agree about Bowles.  He coaches like he has a top defense and wants the antiquated “ground and pound” playbook.  The sad fact is, he doesn’t have a top defense and the entire league is geared towards throwing downfield and scoring points.   I’m waiting for the color coded wristband to appear again.  

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I actually strongly disagree with this portion of your post.  I think a guy that improvises and can perform when the play breaks down are exactly what you need with defensive coaches like Rex and Bowles.  A kid like this would have been perfect for the 2009-2010 team that wouldn't give up any points and could run the ball down the other team's throat.  To the extent that you meant the turnover machine portion of Darnold's resume, I agree. That is a killer for a defensive coach/team.

57 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

with most of the team's resources invested in the defense and starting a rookie qb, the entire objective of this season should be to get darnold to play his own style and then find players this offseason who are good fits with him.  once again though the problem is that the HC is coaching for his job and coaches scared, which is a terrible fit with darnold who is at his best when he's playing instinctively and unconventionally.  

the problem with last night's game plan on offense wasn't that the jets scaled everything down for a rookie qb.  the problem was that bowles has done this when he's had leads with fitz and mccown too, so you know it's not b/c of darnold.  bowles is too scared to risk losing a lead to deal the death blow to teams that he's beating.  he'd rather keep punting, play prevent defense and give up yards and points in the 2nd half and have the game go down to the wire than take his shots when he's up by 2 scores and try to bury the other team before they can catch up.  

I agree he's awful, but if he was purely coaching for his job then McCown would have been on the field so far.

He's coaching this way because this is what he is. FFS he fired an OC that got a decently productive offense out of 75% of a season of 38 year-old Josh McCown, without Enunwa or Pryor, with Forte not Crowell, with an injured Winters, Shell missing a quarter of the season, and Wesley Johnson at center.

Why was he ****canned? Because among others, a washed-up Matt Forte cried that he was passing too much and Bowles wanted less passing himself. Then weeks later we make a play for high-dollar free agents at QB and WR and are somehow surprised when they take the same or less money to play elsewhere. I'm not saying he was God's gift to OCs, but these players' agents know their production won't match the contract with the Jets, and they'll get cut after the 2 guaranteed years with their reputations in tatters. 

We needed to clean house, not hand out extensions to those charged with running the team. The amazing thing is the only one of the lot who got fired was the one who got competitive production out of dog**** in his first year at the job.  

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Good post.  Let me add a few thoughts............1) Our 1st down failure is inexcusable. How many times are we 2nd and 10 or worse? We are basically playing 2 down offense. 2) Seen way too much of Robby Anderson. We waived the wrong WR the other day. 3) Get ball back , need TD, all 3 TO"s left plus 2 minute warning. It's ok to run the ball, especially given the defense Browns were in. 4) Are Trumaine Johnson and Claiborne really any better than Skrine? They kill us.

If you cut them both today they'd be hard pressed to get anything more than vet minimum. Of course, the Jets signed these JAGs to huge deals. This team under this administration is like an ATM for old DBs on their way to retirement. And then they go and draft Nickerson; does that make any sense? 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

If you cut them both today they'd be hard pressed to get anything more than vet minimum. Of course, the Jets signed these JAGs to huge deals. This team under this administration is like an ATM for old DBs on their way to retirement. And then they go and draft Nickerson; does that make any sense? 

Totally agree. I'd say great minds think alike, but we are all Jets fans, after all.?

Archived