Solicitor phone calls home and cell phone.

joewilly12

Ok enough is enough today its 3 to my cell phone 1 to my home phone. 

Debt consolidation, pain management, chimney sweeping, health care plans, breast  cancer, police and fire groups. 

I registered on the do-not-call registry and nomorobo. 

What else can I do I want this to end once and for all. 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I almost made this exact same thread. Its truly miserable.  I registered too. I get at least 2-7 call a day that spoof the number so it looks like my local numbers. Matter of fact, even my own number calls my cell phone. Its really annoying.

Good grief ! That's a new one. Same thing out here on the home phone. Calls look like they're from around the corner then you get some geek calling about my" infected" computer. Sometimes I screw with them by answering then telling them I don't have a computer. No come back from them on that one. lol

Been dealing with this for the past 5 months. Numerous calls and texts from random, spoofed numbers. 5-10 times daily.

I get constant emails that my appleID or netflix or gmail is trying to be accessed from random parts of the world including china, russia, UK, etc.

I get texts asking me to validate my pin for my mobile carrier.

I've contacted all of these corporations and asked them to up my security. They keep telling me I'm all set and that they scanned my accounts and verified that there's nothing wrong and that I'm already enrolled in their maximum security accounts. Basically, my phone and house numbers are being targeted and used for all of the crap.

I had a call one night around 3:30am  from my home phone # I called the phone service provider and they said this is common practice. 

I have about 300 #s blocked on my cell and only 15 #s blocked on my home as the service provider cannot provide more options to block more. 

Also forgot about the annoying texts. 

IThe registry doesn't matter. It's clone calls. Blocking won't help either because they just mask behind another number when one doesn't work. The numbers are disguised as your phone's area code so you'll be more likely to pick up.

My number is cloned as well, and I know this because I get really nasty voicemails from people all the time asking me to stop calling them. Seems like this is the new norm. There's nothing anyone can do to really stop it either. I just leave my phone on do not disturb all the time now.

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The registry doesn't matter. It's clone calls. Blocking won't help either because they just mask behind another number when one doesn't work. The numbers are disguised as your phone's area code so you'll be more likely to pick up.

My number is cloned as well, and I know this because I get really nasty voicemails from people all the time asking me to stop calling them. Seems like this is the new norm. There's nothing anyone can do to really stop it either. I just leave my phone on do not disturb all the time now.

Yep, I haven't picked up a call from an unknown number in months. Also block all numbers that I get texted from. The only problem is that I have to remind myself not to get complacent and to actually follow up on all of the security alerts at least once a month, just to be safe. Its frustrating but I figured out after the first month or two that there's nothing to be done about this.

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yep, I haven't picked up a call from an unknown number in months. Also block all numbers that I get texted from. The only problem is that I have to remind myself not to get complacent and to actually follow up on all of the security alerts at least once a month, just to be safe. Its frustrating but I figured out after the first month or two that there's nothing to be done about this.

Right, but the downside of this is I miss important calls from people whose numbers I don't have saved. Truly annoying.

Yeah, I get these too.  As Rutgers mentioned, they are very clever to use your area code or that of someone you may have called recently.  Very annoying.

After Max' dictum relating to cursing, don't think I can post them.  But go check out on YouTube Jim Florentine's crank calls to telemarketers.  They deserve every bit of his inspired insanity. 

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

IThe registry doesn't matter. It's clone calls. Blocking won't help either because they just mask behind another number when one doesn't work. The numbers are disguised as your phone's area code so you'll be more likely to pick up.

Me too! Few time I’ve  had to explain to them that’s it not me just the number. I had one lady who I could tell either just gotten a phone or escaped from a secret bunker because she really didn’t believe me.

So finally I got a little annoyed with her and said,” I’ve  got 5 children, a mother and a wife , you think I need someone I don’t know to call?” Sheepishly she said,” uhh no?” Ha ha 

18 hours ago, CTM said:

Right, but the downside of this is I miss important calls from people whose numbers I don't have saved. Truly annoying.

At least the people calling you are modestly relieved they don’t have to talk to your disgusting hippie self till later. 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have comcast \ xfinity at home and they have this call blocking thing you opt in for. Telemarketer calls ring once and then disappear. It is great.

We have something similar in my office. It literally comes up “ spam” on the caller ID and gives you a choice to just delete it without picking up the line.  That’s a landline. I have Verizon for both and don’t think anything like that availble  for my I phone 

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We have something similar in my office. It literally comes up “ spam” on the caller ID and gives you a choice to just delete it without picking up the line.  That’s a landline. I have Verizon for both and don’t think anything like that availble  for my I phone 

Was this your reaction when you thought the phone was spam?

Image result for man eating phone

Image result for man eating spam

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Was this your reaction when you thought the phone was spam?

Image result for man eating phone

Image result for man eating spam

First half dozen times it happen I thought it was some sort of weird canned meat slot machine kind of thing, but after awhile realized just like the spin for a gift card pop up adds, it was just another game no one was meant to win.

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

First half dozen times it happen I thought it was some sort of weird canned meat slot machine kind of thing, but after awhile realized just like the spin for a gift card pop up adds, it was just another game no one was meant to win.

kinda sad, how long were you sadly sitting at the window waiting for the spam man to arrive with your salted processed goodness

image.png

On 10/8/2018 at 1:56 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

My number is cloned as well, and I know this because I get really nasty voicemails from people all the time asking me to stop calling them.

lol

That sh*t has happened to me before a couple times. So annoying. First time it happened like four years ago, I thought it was some sort of prank call.

*I answer*

Guy: "So... uh, what are you calling me for?"

Me: "Uhhhhhh.... you just called me."

Guy: "No, you called me a minute ago."

Me: "I literally haven't touched my phone in hours. What are you talking about?"

Guy: "Yeah, well, stop it, or else." *hangs up*

Me: 0.o wtf?

On 10/8/2018 at 1:56 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I just leave my phone on do not disturb all the time now.

Ditto. I never answer my phone unless the name is already in my phone. My motto is, "if it's important, they'll leave a message." I even saved a few numbers to my phone under the name "Scam", so I know what it is. Even after two years, one of the same numbers keeps calling.

On 10/8/2018 at 1:37 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

I get constant emails that my appleID or netflix or gmail is trying to be accessed from random parts of the world including china, russia, UK, etc.

I get those, too. I never open them because I can tell right away they are not actually from Apple. Nor do I even have a card tied to my account, so no one could steal anything anyway.

You know what else I hate? When people call and are clearly phishing for information, and ask who you are when you answer. It's like, hey buttmunch, you called me, you should know who you're looking for. In those cases I kinda have a Walter White "Say my name" moment.

Just ask them to tell you who they think you are, and if they can't answer that simple question, it's bull****, and you should hang up immediately. Or just waste their time, whatever floats your boat.

What's kinda sad is that there are a lot of stupid/trusting/gullible/naive people out there who fall for these scams. In the immortal words of Garfield, I think these scamming, scallywag, sons and daughters of whores should all be "drug out into the street and shot".

My favorite is when the same number pounds you for days, finally you give in and say fine i'll pick it up just to tell the dweeb to pound sand. So they call and you pick up and say "hello" and then--

--click, they disconnect. WTF is that about?

Archived