2019 Yankees

Maxman

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’d like to see CC stick around a few more years to try to get to 300 but he has nothing left 

He could be a 5th starter in the NL but I don’t think he wants to leave NY

I think his knee hurts him so much now, even if he could get 10 wins a year it would take 5 more years. 

He had a great career, won a ring, won a CY Young, would have won a second Cy Young if he didn't split the season between the AL and NL, made a crap ton of money.   He can ride into the sunset a content man.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, chirorob said:

I think his knee hurts him so much now, even if he could get 10 wins a year it would take 5 more years. 

He had a great career, won a ring, won a CY Young, would have won a second Cy Young if he didn't split the season between the AL and NL, made a crap ton of money.   He can ride into the sunset a content man.

Yeah but I don’t think he’s quite going to make the HOF.  He really is right on the edge.  If he had just 10 more wins he would be a lock

On 9/20/2019 at 8:12 AM, chirorob said:

So, german did something, domestic.  Slapped his girlfriend or something.  Hes out for a bit.

Stupid.  

I’m hearing he’s done for the year

Yanks don’t want the PR nightmare 

So I guess postseason rotation:

Tanaka

Paxton

Severino (pitches 3-4 innings then Montgomery pitches 2 innings)

Green (CC pitches 4-5 innings)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Tanaka

Paxton

I think they switch Paxton and Tanaka. He’s been very good as of late. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, Philc1 said:

Tanaka

Paxton

Monty doesn't make the postseason roster, Boone has essentially said there's no set plan for his innings right now so it's all about 2020 for him. 

• Tanaka
  • Paxton
  • Severino- Cessa - Bullpen
  • Green - CC/Happ - Bullpen

On 9/21/2019 at 1:25 PM, Philc1 said:

Tanaka

Paxton

Severino is already stretched out to 80 pitches, went 6 innings yesterday.   He could go 90 come playoffs if they need.  At this point he is more than a 3-4 opener.  (If he doesn't pitch well, obviously he's out fast, but as far as capacity he can go longer).

I am eating some crow, giving Paxton his due.  He has pitched lights out down the stretch.  6 straight starts of 2 runs or less.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, chirorob said:

Severino is already stretched out to 80 pitches, went 6 innings yesterday.   He could go 90 come playoffs if they need.  At this point he is more than a 3-4 opener.  (If he doesn't pitch well, obviously he's out fast, but as far as capacity he can go longer).

I am eating some crow, giving Paxton his due.  He has pitched lights out down the stretch.  6 straight starts of 2 runs or less.

Severino coming back looking great has been huge especially with German doing an AB

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, bigalbarracuda said:

Monty doesn't make the postseason roster, Boone has essentially said there's no set plan for his innings right now so it's all about 2020 for him. 

• Tanaka
  • Paxton
  • Severino- Cessa - Bullpen
  • Green - CC/Happ - Bullpen

I think CC pitches innings 6-7 in Severino’s start

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

A Little worried this is a trap first round for the yankees

Tampa won 96 games, Oakland won 97.   These are not 86 win teams that snuck into the playoffs, most years 97 wins is a division title. 

Yanks also had their hands full with Oakland this year, and Morton on Tampa Bay is probably better than any starter the Yankees have.

• Upvote 2

On 10/1/2019 at 12:21 PM, chirorob said:

Tampa won 96 games, Oakland won 97.   These are not 86 win teams that snuck into the playoffs, most years 97 wins is a division title. 

Yanks also had their hands full with Oakland this year, and Morton on Tampa Bay is probably better than any starter the Yankees have.

The AL is just so much more competitive than the NL

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The AL is just so much more competitive than the NL

The Indians won 93 and missed the playoffs.   I don't remember the last time a team won that many and didn't get the wildcard.  The Dodgers can play with anyone, but the top 6 of the AL match up very well with the top 6 of the NL.

There are also some truly horrific teams in the AL.   Houston went 31-7 vs the Rangers and the Mariners.

• Upvote 2