Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

2019 Yankees

Recommended Posts

So what are we thinking?

Sheffield in the rotation or traded away?

Machado?

Andujar, what do they do with him defensively for the long haul? I think he will get better defensively, I don't see him ever being good defensively at 3B. That bat though.

What relievers are going to resign? 

A full year of Judge and year two in the AL of Stanton should do wonders for the offense. I would like to see the team play some more small ball here and there. Clint Frazier maybe?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Corbin and Eovaldi

Eovaldi is going to be an interesting free agent. Some clubs think he’d be a lights out closer and some can peg him as a #3/#4 starter. I’d like for the Sox to bring him back but he earned a TON of money in October. Might be cost prohibitive. Should be a fun hot stove. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Good trade. Both teams win. One of the best arms on the trade market. I expect them to add Corbin and then one of Machado or Harper, most likely Machado. 

I like the trade too.  Yankees needed two top of the rotation pitchers.  Don’t have to even really pay Paxton until 2 years from now

 

As for as trading Justus Sheffield you have to give up something to get something.  This isn’t the nba where the commissioner just arranges trades for you to get superstars for free

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I like the trade too.  Yankees needed two top of the rotation pitchers.  Don’t have to even really pay Paxton until 2 years from now

 

As for as trading Justus Sheffield you have to give up something to get something.  This isn’t the nba where the commissioner just arranges trades for you to get superstars for free

 

Then what are Severino and Tanaka?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 8:02 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Good trade. Both teams win. One of the best arms on the trade market. I expect them to add Corbin and then one of Machado or Harper, most likely Machado. 

Im not thrilled

Almost 30, never thrown 160 innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 8:05 PM, chirorob said:

Im not thrilled

Almost 30, never thrown 160 innings.

So? What you really need him for is to pitch 1-2 quality starts against the Red Sox in the playoffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 7:42 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Pretty sure he meant two additional front-end pitchers. 

No I meant two actual front end starters.

 

The “Luis Severino is the best pitcher in baseball” delusions got old 6 months ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Oh here we go again Yankee fan capologists now overrating Severino again

33-14, 3.18 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 450 SOs, 4.64 SO/W, 10.5 SO per 9

Yeah, definitely not front of the rotation material.... 

His fall off in the second half was pretty bad.  I would imagine as he gets more experience and innings under him that we would see less of a dip in performance in the 2nd half.  He is still only 24. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bergen Jet said:

33-14, 3.18 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 450 SOs, 4.64 SO/W, 10.5 SO per 9

Yeah, definitely not front of the rotation material.... 

His fall off in the second half was pretty bad.  I would imagine as he gets more experience and innings under him that we would see less of a dip in performance in the 2nd half.  He is still only 24. 

I don’t understand why most Yankees fans are complacent about our starting pitching. It wasn’t good last year and it wasn’t good enough to beat the Red Sox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t understand why most Yankees fans are complacent about our starting pitching. It wasn’t good last year and it wasn’t good enough to beat the Red Sox 

I do not see anyone being complacent.  Our starting pitching needs have been pretty apparent to most fans.  I am just not sure how anyone could see Severino as anything less than a front end starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bergen Jet said:

I do not see anyone being complacent.  Our starting pitching needs have been pretty apparent to most fans.  I am just not sure how anyone could see Severino as anything less than a front end starter.

I'm a Mets fan. Other than two guys on my team, name me 5 guys in MLB that the Yankees would trade Severino for straight up? That's right, they don't exist. He is an elite talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 1:50 PM, Philc1 said:

I don’t understand why most Yankees fans are complacent about our starting pitching. It wasn’t good last year and it wasn’t good enough to beat the Red Sox 

They need at least 1 more good starter.

If Tanaka is your 1, Severino is your 2, Corbin (or Keuchel) is your 3, Paxton is the 4, CC/ Montgomery (when he comes back) is your 5, that isn't bad.  No, you don't have that "Ace" per se, but you have 4 legit good starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 5:06 PM, chirorob said:

They need at least 1 more good starter.

If Tanaka is your 1, Severino is your 2, Corbin (or Keuchel) is your 3, Paxton is the 4, CC/ Montgomery (when he comes back) is your 5, that isn't bad.  No, you don't have that "Ace" per se, but you have 4 legit good starters.

Yankees work still isn’t done they still have to sign either Corbin or Keuchel 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yankees work still isn’t done they still have to sign either Corbin or Keuchel

Agree 10000000%

Move Gray and get something.   I would not be opposed to moving Stanton and adding some kind of left handed OF.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 11:09 AM, chirorob said:

Agree 10000000%

Move Gray and get something.   I would not be opposed to moving Stanton and adding some kind of left handed OF.  

No keep Stanton.  Definitely try to move Gray there’s gotta be a NL team that is willing to take him he’s another Javy Vazquez crap in NY but good in small NL markets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Yankees should pull trigger on this Cano trade if it also means getting the kid Diaz.

Depends on how much Seattle is willing to kick in for Cano's contract.  He is still owed 120 million dollars.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Depends on how much Seattle is willing to kick in for Cano's contract.  He is still owed 120 million dollars.  

It’s either that or resign Gregorious after next season.  He’s younger and better but his contract will be in the $160-180 mil range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does all the righty bats bother anyone else or just me? Especially now with Didi out and Bird issues. It’s the only thing that bothers me. But not sure if I’m just being OCD about it. 

Kinda makes more want to trade Stanton if that were even possible... I dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Does all the righty bats bother anyone else or just me? Especially now with Didi out and Bird issues. It’s the only thing that bothers me. But not sure if I’m just being OCD about it. 

Kinda makes more want to trade Stanton if that were even possible... I dunno

Very much so.   I would move Stanton.   I know people say strikeouts don't matter for hitters, but Judge, Stanton and Sanchez could be 550Ks from power right handed batter.   I so hoped Bird would be legit, Bird and Didi breaking up those power right handed bats would have been great.

Question.   If strikeouts for batters don't matter to stat guys, why do they look at strikeouts for pitchers as such a good thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

Get Winning Picks

×