TRADE ? : JETS & RAIDERS . . . again ? ? ~ ~ ~

kelly

hey guys,

i'm out here in san fran. for a couple of days. anyway,

they're talkin' on the local radio sports show that the jets & raiders are talkin' TRADE.

right now; we're sittin' in the # 4 position in the 1st round.

the raiders are in the #6 spot.

the DEAL : we swap picks w/the raiders in the first round.

so, we end up in the #6 spot in the 1st round & get the raiders 2nd round pick in this year's draft.

also, we give the raiders OUR 7th round pick in this year's draft.

( remember, we're MOST PROBABLY goin' to get some " comp. " picks in THIS year's draft.

don't forget : you can NOT trade " comp. " picks ).

apparently, the raiders are concerned that THEIR " CROSS BAY RIVALS " the 49ers are gonna cut-a-deal with the jets & jump ahead of the raiders in the first round of this year's draft.

the 49ers are currently sittin' in the #7 position in the 1st round.

they were sayin' the jets are looking to take : DE Mario Williams, NC State.

then, the jets will trade j.abraham for more draft picks.

anyways, just an " fyi " .

cheers ~ ~ ~

:wink:

the DEAL : we swap picks w/the raiders in the first round.

so, we end up in the #6 spot in the 1st round & get the raiders 2nd round pick in this year's draft.

That's a pretty sweet deal for the Jets.

Get the #6 overall pick and also get the #36 and #38 picks? :shock:

You know how many very good OLinemen will be around with picks 36-38?

Thanks for the info.

The Jets are actually in a pretty good spot.

Imho, to high a spot for Young or Cutler, but high enough to draft Ferguson, or trade down.

This Williams cat seems to be high on a bunch of teams radar. Falcons boards have us trading our #4 for Schaub and their #15. They nab Williams.

I am sure Terry will get a bunch of offers, and should trade down.

Also, looking at Mock Drafts, all the players listed between 4 and 10 or so can help our team a lot. By trading down, we do not lose out we just have some of our choices made for us. I personally think trading out of the 4th pick is going to prove very difficult because there is such a drop off from 3 to 4 and there is no clear cut number 4 guy so teams my gamble and see if guys drop to them.

I would rather the Raider deal than the Falcon deal, but not if it meant drafting Mario Williams. If it meant drafting Cutler or DeAngelo Williams, then I would do that in a heartbeat.

I would also be very open to trading Abe if that were to happen. IMO, he could fetch us a high second and maybe a 5th. With three high second rounders, that would be an ideal spot to tab someone like Elvis Dumervil to replace him as a one dimensional pass rusher. =D>

I agree with PFTX...We get Schaub and we get a lower first round pick...sweet deal!

LL

TX, I would jump on that deal myself, then again, I am not a GM, nor do I have the football knowledge that these men have.

LL, I agree. That would kill two birds with one stone.

Again, this is all speculation. Atlanta knows how hot a property Schaub is. If the fans know, I am sure league insiders and personnel people do as well.

Go to the link provided, and you'll see that fans are not stupid. Not all, anyway...They know the needs of other teams, and I thought it pretty insightful that the poster came up with this trade scenario.

Will it happen? I don't know.

I do know the rumors, though. The Jets are in a perfect spot to trade down. The Williams kid is hot and teams around the league are dying for a DE. We could also trade Abe for picks and draft this kid. The options are many.

Terry would have to work real hard to F this one up.

I like the Raiders deal better. Pick # 6 overall and a second rounder sounds pretty sweet.

But how would they address the QB situation in that scenario?

#6 is way too early for Cutler and he would definately be gone by #36.

Unless the Jets are looking to acquire a QB through FA, the Falcon deal looks much better.

Kinda like killing two birds with one stone.

I like the Raiders deal better. Pick # 6 overall and a second rounder sounds pretty sweet.

That would also be a great deal. Terry will have his hands full of offers. Or, at least, he should.

The Combines will be huge. If this kid is as good as people say he is, watch out. A great Combine could greatly increase the amount of teams that come knocking on Terry's door.

The better Williams looks, the sweeter the deal.

Terry will have his hands full of offers. Or, at least, he should.

The bottom line with all this is that the Jets are in a phenominal position at #4.

The more players move up (after the Big 3) the board, the better the Jets position becomes.

I'd be very surprised if the Jets held the #4 and made a selection. They just have way too many options with trading that pick.

Pretty damn good position to be in.

But how would they address the QB situation in that scenario?

#6 is way too early for Cutler and he would definately be gone by #36.

Unless the Jets are looking to acquire a QB through FA, the Falcon deal looks much better.

Kinda like killing two birds with one stone.

I am not the one for this, but R44 and Bit are great at this kind of stuff.

Ham is also excellent.

It's all about value. When the Jets traded up with the Bears years ago, they owned the 13th and 22nd. here, you would be asking NY to trade down 11 spots.

There is a chart for this, regarding the suggested compensation. Would dropping down 11 spots warrant or garner a 2nd round pick?

I am not sure. I do know, however, that if the Williams kid turns out a great Combine and looks as good as everyone says he does, the Jets will have SEVERAL teams attempting to trade up with them.

I think Cutler at #6 is too high, and he could be nabbed later. I'd rather trade down, draft my player, and still have my qb, while having an additional 2nd rounder.

Again, this is all speculation. We have no idea what will happen. It does sound good, though...

I am not sold on Schaub. I think he looks a lot better than he really is because Vick is so terrible. The Falcons have a LOT of talent on offense: a top five tight end, two very good running backs, two first round picks at WR, one of the best offensive lines in football.

If surrounded by a lot of talent, I view Schaub as a Drew Brees type of quarterback. But we have never seen him NOT surrounded by talent. That is why I'm so hesitant to make a deal for him.

TX, Cutler will go top ten. He's already being projected in some mocks as high as 4th, which is pretty much based on how he does in the Senior Bowl. Look at Phillip Rivers and Alex Smith in the past couple years. Both went from second-third rounders to top five with the Senior Bowl (Rivers) and the combine (Smith). Cutler, IMO, could be a Marino-type talent. People who have not seen him play do not realize how good he is. The best QB in this draft, bar none.

Really comes down to the difference between D'Brichashaw and a 2nd Round OT. If the difference is not huge...it is a no brainer.

Bottom line is the Jets have to walk out of that draft with a starting Offensive Tackle. It can be a RT but Terry don't come home without one.

it cannot be cutler

49ers drafted A smith

Lendale white is a possibility, but Gore played well at the end

My guess is frisco wants mario or Drick or ajhawk

I read rumors somewhere about Frisco going D, especially with AJ Hawk.

Looks like Peterson will not be back, so they could go either way. Outside backer, or pass rusher.

I also like that deal. There is also the possibility of doing this deal, picking up the 2nd rounder and then trading down again from the #6 spot to the early-mid teens for additional picks. Depending on how the first 5 picks play out, there is always the possibility of then picking up Schaub and the #15 for the #6. Sweet.

Why do the Raiders give a sh*t that the 49ers are going to trade up ahead of them?

No way the Raiders take another left tackle at #4, Green Bay at 5?? ehhhh, Lendale White is a fit there.

I could see Dbrick at 6, plus we add another 2nd rd pick. Which is money in this draft. Not to mention, I have the Jets in the JetNation mock draft :wink:

Mario Williams in a 3-4 or 4-3 is a good fit. I'd love to have him on our team.

No way the Raiders take another left tackle at #4, Green Bay at 5?? ehhhh, Lendale White is a fit there.

Barton,

No way in hell Lendale White goes at #5.

I saw a couple boards this week that have him between 20-26.

I also like the guy (he'd look great in a Pats uni) but no way will he crack the top 10.

Why do the Raiders give a sh*t that the 49ers are going to trade up ahead of them?

I could see Dbrick at 6, plus we add another 2nd rd pick. Which is money in this draft. Not to mention, I have the Jets in the JetNation mock draft :wink:

Mario Williams in a 3-4 or 4-3 is a good fit. I'd love to have him on our team.

Cause both teams want D, that is why!!!!!!

could be hawk or mario that they both covet

That's a pretty sweet deal for the Jets.

Get the #6 overall pick and also get the #36 and #38 picks? :shock:

You know how many very good OLinemen will be around with picks 36-38?

not only is it a good deal, it is too good to be true. no way would the raiders do this deal, the raiders would maybe swap 1's and throw in a 3, but no chance of adding #2 to move up 2 spots.

i would love to see the jets move down into the 8-12 range and add 2nd and 3rd rd picks.

Archived