Folks: We Have a Franchise QB.

southtown24th

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

dunno. mcguire's fumble was the difference in that game 

Meh. I think it was more of a good play by Watt. McGuire didn’t even take a step by the time he got the ball handed to him. 

But he is what he is, a decent back up RB. 

I would hope for a bell cow rb, and have McGuire and cannon back him up. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MDL_JET said:

Meh. I think it was more of a good play by Watt. McGuire didn’t even take a step by the time he got the ball handed to him. 

Exactly.  Watt was the monster we all hoped Williams, as well as  the other Mcc pass rushing busts, would become.  The guy was at 100% intensity every down he played.  Incredible talent.

I disagree on that point. A stud WR is important because of all the things they can do to bail out the QB and take the focus away from other receivers. Running backs are like stand alone performers. If Crowell can stay healthy, then i believe him and McGuire and a Cannon type RB would be a good enough to win with . Running back by committee i guess they call it.

42 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Exactly.  Sometimes players, especially great ones, make plays.  Its not always someones failure, its a good play

4 minutes ago, genot said:

I disagree on that point. A stud WR is important because of all the things they can do to bail out the QB and take the focus away from other receivers. Running backs are like stand alone performers. If Crowell can stay healthy, then i believe him and McGuire and a Cannon type RB would be a good enough to win with . Running back by committee i guess they call it.

Yep; consider if there was a quality WR on our last possession, had Kerse come back and caught that, we have a shot at a tie. Robbie had a good game, but he dropped (it was a tough catch) that ball on the 2nd to last reception. I like Robbie and his fire, but with Q always hurt and Kearse being, well Kearse, we need another WR. A true #1 would be great, but even a quality #2 would help.

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yep; consider if there was a quality WR on our last possession, had Kerse come back and caught that, we have a shot at a tie. Robbie had a good game, but he dropped (it was a tough catch) that ball on the 2nd to last reception. I like Robbie and his fire, but with Q always hurt and Kearse being, well Kearse, we need another WR. A true #1 would be great, but even a quality #2 would help.

I think they'll be max effort to get an impact Wr in here for next season. It's so obvious that a WR and edge rusher would make such a huge impact

2 hours ago, genot said:

I think they'll be max effort to get an impact Wr in here for next season. It's so obvious that a WR and edge rusher would make such a huge impact

Would make a difference with any team, especially so on a team like the Jets who have a black hole at each position

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Browns are 4-2 in their last six and over that span Mayfield has completed over 70% of his passes for 14 TDs, 5 picks, and a QB rating well over 100.

Jets fans: “Abberational!”

Darnold puts up two TDs in a loss

Jets fans: “AND IT WAS ON THIS DAY THAT THY GODS GAVE BIRTH TO A NEW SAVIOR, A MAN OF UNPARALLELED GIFTS AND GRIT; A QUARTERBACK SO FINELY HEWN THAT THE POSITION ITSELF SHALL BE CAST IN HIS VERY IMAGE”

Bakers been playing good ball, he has, what, 2 wins more than Darnold? Let's take a look at what they're working with,  though. 

Darnold has one of the worst lines in the league, that got even worse yesterday. Brent Qvale? LOL. Hell, Sam was playing with a Center that couldn't properly execute a shotgun snap for a month before the bumbling morons on the coaching staff decided to make a change.

Darnolds and the Jets BEST RECEIVER,  Quincy Enunwa when healthy, MIGHT be the #3 on the Browns. Anderson would be 4 or 5. Kearse doesn't make that team. Leggett doesn't make that team. Tomlinson shouldn't even be in the NFL. 

The Browns have a good line, their Running Backs are so superior to the trash the Jets run out there, it's sad. Chubb is elite. Duke Johnson does a Bilal Powell impersonation that's better than Bilal. 

Herndon is decent so far, but Njoku is pretty good, too. After that, the Jets have crap at TE as I mentioned above. 

And Cleveland's Defense is freaking sick. Stocked with first rounders that actually live up to their draft position.....and coached by Gregg Williams.  Darnold has to go out there and try to overcome a terrible OC, a garbage offense, zero talent to throw to, and an underwhelming Defense led by a Safety too busy rushing the passer to help cover a good teams best threat. LOL.

Comparing Darnold and the absolute trash hes playing with to Mayfield and the talent he gets to play with is absurd. 

Which is why I would love to have Mike McCarthy come in and bully Little Mac into, you know, fixing the disaster that is the Jets roster. 

1 minute ago, thshadow said:

Wait, let me get this straight, Darnold looked really good, the Jets lost to protect their draft protection, but some of us are *still* unhappy?

I don't know about others, but I NEVER root for the Jets to loose - although loosing was probably the best thing. I can't wait until Bowles and Kearse is gone, but that being said, I just really enjoy watching Darnold play - so much fun; can't wait until he starts winning next year. So far, the future looks good.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

This gets to the core of why I am so tired of JN these days.  It's not enough for the homers to see great potential, to see positive steps, to see a young QB making strides toward being a legit NFL starter.  No, it MUST be "greatness", it must be "Franchise QB", it must be "Elite accuracy" NOW, no waiting, no doubting, no analysis, no objections permitted.

This gets to the core of you reading the opinions of a select couple posters who are using words like "elite" and "franchise" and applying them to the entire board. The vast majority of fans here are exactly where you claim to be when you're not being an annoying troll - watching a young Jets QB who looks like he might be getting it.  

the sniping little fecalbags

Interesting description from someone who feels the need to crap on anything anyone says positive about this team. There are always divisions on this board, but I think right now it's 100% united on firing Bowles, and about 98% united on firing Mac, too - this while you consistently refer to the majority of the board as "homers" (an expletive from your keyboard). 

The comment in my sig says it all, the creepy stalker mod who didn't want Darnold and thought he'd be the drafts biggest bust (no hyperbole there, right?) now leads the negrep parade anytime Darnold is questioned or doubted in any way.  Never change JN.

Boo-hoo! Oh no, I don't anything about college football! I'm so embarrassed! 

I will happily cop to leaning towards the side of (the dreaded!) homer for the players drafted by this team. I want to see them be successful and root for them here rather than taking on some Oscar the sewer dweller grouchy troll motif. I'm enjoying Darnold's performance the last couple weeks. It's encouraging. I'm glad my glass is generally half-full (until I'm pretty sure it's just about empty). It's preferable to me, and, I think, to most people here than trying to be the guy who gets to say I hated Player X first, look at me! I'm so smart! Although you're not alone there, either, you're just the know-it-alliest and, by far, the least funny. 

Archived