Folks: We Have a Franchise QB.

southtown24th

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I guess you’ve never heard of a little thing called QBase have you buddy??

While this is NO barometer. I would NEVER wear a jersey other than a 12...  BUT last night I won a Darnold jersey in a raffle. I am gonna wear it. This kid is the best young QB I have seen in green in a long while. Some of his throws are marino like. Quick, snap from the elbow with velocity.

I am excited for the future, without Bowles of course.

7 hours ago, Krappedetector said:

Darnold is a very young talent that played well above the team today.

This board, like most others, is loaded with whiny, arrogant, fortune-less folks that demand superlatives while living lives of quiet mediocrity.

Buddy, if I ever elevate myself to the point of mediocrity I’m not gonna be quiet about it.

As Parcells would say, lets not start making that bust in Canton, or making the SB hotel reservations just yet. But, the kid looks special and is growing up as a QB each week. His supporting cast is weak and his coaches are clueless. For some to say that tonight meant nothing or very little, is silliness or support for some self serving narrative that most don't care about. Step back and take the anti Sam glasses off, the future is positive.

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

They probably sign Bell but I think Brown, Paradis and Tate do way more to help the offense

Bell is part of Steeler system..,  Any decent running back will be very good in their system  He comes to Jets he will be a good RB, but not worth over paying for.  I remember Jets got Neil O'donell he was nothing without the Steeler system.  

I know because of so many bad drafts the Jets will be forced to sign free agents but building a team through free agency does not work.  Teams do not generally let talented players go,  There is generally some garbage attached to them and teams over pay for them in free agency.  We are paying the price for 10 years of bad drafting.  

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

I too base everything on parts of one pressure-free meaningless game late in a long lost season.

The hyperbole must flow.....

Haha, pressure free? I was at the game brother, he barely had time to set in the pocket most of the day

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Laugh it up, but our franchise QB just threw two shoulda been easy INTs and just threw a floater too high and pretty much lost the game. 

Hevmight be good, in time. He might grow to be a Franchise QB.  He’s no franchise QB yet. Even IF he comes back to win.

You know who a Franchise QB is? Right now? The guy Macc passed on for a Safety.

The guy who’s probably going to get the W and has his team at 10 wins if he does so.

Darnold....could be. He isn’t yet and tonight doesn’t make him one.

Its time for you to change your forum  name to Buzz Killington and get some new glasses

You cant see greatness when it pisses on your leg       

I really cant fathom how any Jet fan could watch that game yesterday and not come away impressed by his touch , creativity and resilience fighting till the end against one of the best teams and defenses in the league   And doing it with a weak cast of supporting players

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

I too base everything on parts of one pressure-free meaningless game late in a long lost season.

And with a history of being totally clueless when it comes to talking about NFL QBs 

Browns are 4-2 in their last six and over that span Mayfield has completed over 70% of his passes for 14 TDs, 5 picks, and a QB rating well over 100.

Jets fans: “Abberational!”

Darnold puts up two TDs in a loss

Jets fans: “AND IT WAS ON THIS DAY THAT THY GODS GAVE BIRTH TO A NEW SAVIOR, A MAN OF UNPARALLELED GIFTS AND GRIT; A QUARTERBACK SO FINELY HEWN THAT THE POSITION ITSELF SHALL BE CAST IN HIS VERY IMAGE”

31 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Its time for you to change your forum  name to Buzz Killington and get some new glasses

I've never tried to hide that I am a cynic and pessimist.  The franchises pathetic history of grotesque disappointment and failure has made me so.  I've been completely consistent in my time at JI and JN.  Anyone surprised that I would be so now simply hasn't paid any attention the past decade plus.

And unlike some of the sniping little fecalbags now enjoying the pile on, I've owned every opinion I've ever made here, and never hid from the times I've been wrong.  Something the negrep brigade knows nothing about, they just sperge and move on to the NEXT sperge, forgetting the hundreds of times their homer hyperbole was dead wrong.  It's hilarious seeing guys who blew Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg call me out over Patrick Ramsey, lol.  

You cant see greatness when it pisses on your leg

I did not see greatness yesterday.  I saw potential, quite a bit of it yes, but potential.  Greatness doesn't show itself in one single game late in a season with little on the line for us and a coach and staff on the way out.  What, if Darnold throws four INT's next week, what then, is he still "greatness" or dow now he suck?  This over the top overreaction to small slices of play is ridiculous.  Again, I will reference all the negrepping posters who back in the day called Sanchez a Franchise QB who showed greatness (history generally proves these things out).

I really cant fathom how any Jet fan could watch that game yesterday and not come away impressed by his touch , creativity and resilience fighting till the end against one of the best teams and defenses in the league   And doing it with a weak cast of supporting players

This gets to the core of why I am so tired of JN these days.  It's not enough for the homers to see great potential, to see positive steps, to see a young QB making strides toward being a legit NFL starter.  No, it MUST be "greatness", it must be "Franchise QB", it must be "Elite accuracy" NOW, no waiting, no doubting, no analysis, no objections permitted.

Get on the hype train, or be run over by it.  And if/when the hype train turns out wrong (again), no worries, there are always "he liked Fitz and Ramsey" jokes to make, even if they loved and fallated Geno and Hackenberg.  My f'ing sides, seriously.

Darnold is developing well, he is not these glorious appellations just yet.  There is reason for optimism and hope (for Darnold, if not for the Jets Organization itself).  There is no reason for over the top hyperbole, that's a route we go down every single time we draft or sign anyone ffs, don't you guys get tired of it?  It's rather obvious he was rushed and wasn't ready early on (Lions win notwithstanding), and the time he spent on the sidelines has helped him slow the game down some (the announcers said that yesterday a few times).  And yes, the cast of characters around him is quite poor (guess all those rabidly vocal pro Bowles and Pro Macc posters won't be getting 25 negreps now that they've been proven dead wrong and have completely changed their tunes, eh?).  

The comment in my sig says it all, the creepy stalker mod who didn't want Darnold and thought he'd be the drafts biggest bust (no hyperbole there, right?) now leads the negrep parade anytime Darnold is questioned or doubted in any way.  Never change JN.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Browns are 4-2 in their last six and over that span Mayfield has completed over 70% of his passes for 14 TDs, 5 picks, and a QB rating well over 100.

Jets fans: “AND IT WAS ON THIS DAY THAT THY GODS GAVE BIRTH TO A NEW SAVIOR, A MAN OF UNPARALLELED GIFTS AND GRIT; A QUARTERBACK SO FINELY HEWN THAT THE POSITION ITSELF SHALL BE CAST IN HIS VERY IMAGE”

Nobody is saying mayfield hasnt looked good. But lets be honest compare our rosters and tell me Mayfield doesnt have a much easier time than Darnold. Browns have a much much better supporting cast.  Darnold had a center for half the season couldnt snap a ball literally lol.  Enunwa and Robby would be 3rd/4th options on most teams and they have been hurt for a good chunk of the season. Darnold also has constant pressure.  Lets not even get into the horrid play calling.  Also its important to remember he is the youngest QB to start since the merger.  Despite all those obstacles he has still shown a lot of good things.  

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think a lot of Jets fans on here would tell you that Mayfield is going to be a very good QB. 

Also, the Mayfield stuff is out of control on this board. It doesn't make much sense for folks here to endlessly compare Mayfield and Darnold, since the Jets never actually had a chance to draft Mayfield. 

We already have one trouser stain on here who posts more about Mayfield and the Browns than he does the Jets. I think that's already plenty of Mayfield stuff for a Jets board. 

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yup. Just like some people here changed their narrative on Jamal Adams from year 1 to year 2, because their original narrative no longer worked.

Damn these fans that look for positives on the team they root for. Damn them all to hell. I am officially bandwagoning Team Shane. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yup. Just like some people here changed their narrative on Jamal Adams from year 1 to year 2, because their original narrative no longer worked.

Damn these fans that look for positives on the team they root for. Damn them all to hell. I am officially bandwagoning Team Shane. 

My favorite genre of new-wave literature is reading about the things Scott thinks I think. 

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

Generally like your posts, but you got this one wrong,;really wrong.  Also pressure free in what respect?  expectations? Pressure from the Defensive line?   Either way wrong again on both counts.  Regards

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And if all you think makes up a FQB is numbers and dont look at the entire picture this post might be relevant.

Difference was perfectly shown to all last night.  Stats between the two QBs were close enough.  Baker played a meh game, even for a rookie QB and Darnold played well even if he was a vet.  Numbers aren't the end all.

And of course there always the who cares, what does what Baker becomes have to do with Darnold?  

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My favorite genre of new-wave literature is reading about the things Scott thinks I think. 

Where did I quote you on anything you have supposedly said (or didn't say)? I don't dare try to think what you think, as that would be a treacherous journey into the dark and miserable. I don't dare tread on that soft turf.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I've never tried to hide that I am a cynic and pessimist.  The franchises pathetic history of grotesque disappointment and failure has made me so.  I've been completely consistent in my time at JI and JN.  Anyone surprised that I would be so now simply hasn't paid any attention the past decade plus.

And unlike some of the sniping little fecalbags now enjoying the pile on, I've owned every opinion I've ever made here, and never hid from the times I've been wrong.  Something the negrep brigade knows nothing about, they just sperge and move on to the NEXT sperge, forgetting the hundreds of times their homer hyperbole was dead wrong.  It's hilarious seeing guys who blew Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg call me out over Patrick Ramsey, lol.  

I did not see greatness yesterday.  I saw potential, quite a bit of it yes, but potential.  Greatness doesn't show itself in one single game late in a season with little on the line for us and a coach and staff on the way out.  What, if Darnold throws four INT's next week, what then, is he still "greatness" or dow now he suck?  This over the top overreaction to small slices of play is ridiculous.  Again, I will reference all the negrepping posters who back in the day called Sanchez a Franchise QB who showed greatness (history generally proves these things out).

This gets to the core of why I am so tired of JN these days.  It's not enough for the homers to see great potential, to see positive steps, to see a young QB making strides toward being a legit NFL starter.  No, it MUST be "greatness", it must be "Franchise QB", it must be "Elite accuracy" NOW, no waiting, no doubting, no analysis, no objections permitted.

Get on the hype train, or be run over by it.  And if/when the hype train turns out wrong (again), no worries, there are always "he liked Fitz and Ramsey" jokes to make, even if they loved and fallated Geno and Hackenberg.  My f'ing sides, seriously.

Darnold is developing we7 paragraphs?ll, he is not these glorious appellations just yet.  There is reason for optimism and hope (for Darnold, if not for the Jets Organization itself).  There is no reason for over the top hyperbole, that's a route we go down every single time we draft or sign anyone ffs, don't you guys get tired of it?  It's rather obvious he was rushed and wasn't ready early on (Lions win notwithstanding), and the time he spent on the sidelines has helped him slow the game down some (the announcers said that yesterday a few times).  And yes, the cast of characters around him is quite poor (guess all those rabidly vocal pro Bowles and Pro Macc posters won't be getting 25 negreps now that they've been proven dead wrong and have completely changed their tunes, eh?).  

The comment in my sig says it all, the creepy stalker mod who didn't want Darnold and thought he'd be the drafts biggest bust (no hyperbole there, right?) now leads the negrep parade anytime Darnold is questioned or doubted in any way.  Never change JN.

7 paragraphs??  You really need validation that much? Or do you simply suffer from logorrhea? ffs, man.

I was a Baker Mayfield fan having watched every one of his games the last two years at Oklahoma.  I still think Mayfield is a winner and will be a quality NFL qb.  I am very pleased with Sam Darnold falling to us at 3 and was my second favorite going into the draft.  I see flashes of a franchise qb in the making.  Some of my concerns with him coming out were turnovers and his ability to play in cold weather.  He has shown the last 2 weeks that he can play in cold weather and right now still has to work on his turnovers.  He is going to have his share of picks because he pushes the envelope and I think with time he’ll learn when to take the chance and when not to.  He has already shown an improvement in that.  

I agree the Baker comparisons are pointless. He isn't on this team. And, we didn't even pass on him (ala O'brien vs. Marino). Cleveland picked first, and took him. Let their fan base argue on whether or not their GM should have picked Darnold over Mayfield. We are talking about how happy we are to finally have a potential franchise QB - it is a great feeling.

Archived