Why I love Jamal

kevinc855

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you argue like an 11 year old.

His self-campaigning is all the time. Not just a remark about him saying we need more talent. In fact, I'd argue that his constant self-campaigning makes his actual insights less poignant. Decision makers tend to tune out the chirpers. At least, that's been my experience.

Thank god I don’t take leadership lessons from you guys. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kevinc855 said:

Oh dear lord. If you are referring that lawyers are leaders please let me get my laughing kit 

I'm not a lawyer. Lawyers are not the only profession that receives hourly rates. Also, wtf is a "laughing kit"?

This is why you wouldn't pass the entry exam.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You just implied yourself that safeties don't matter.

I've been consistent on that point:  Safeties don't matter much, and are never worthy of a Top 10 pick. 

When used properly they can matter very much,  Troy Polamalu kinda mattered a lot for those Steeler Teams, as much as I hated his guts.   Dittto Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott.  Clueless coaching staffs  do figure into the equation. 

we need more dogs. ok. we also need you to stop blitzing all the time and leaving the defensive backfield an open prairie for chunk yardage.. 

and while your at it, make some plays in crunch time when the other team is marching down the field to win on its last drive.

oh yeah, and some turnoveres...  Victor Green (3 INt. 4 FR)  had more in his 1st 2 years starting....  ( mouth has 1 and 3)

so, you're basically a less productive version of victor green with on a marginally better team.

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

When used properly they can matter very much,  Troy Polamalu kinda mattered a lot for those Steeler Teams, as much as I hated his guts.   Dittto Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott.  Clueless coaching staffs  do figure into the equation. 

Polamalu was taken # 16 overall.  Ed Reed # 23 overall. 

And if you asked Ronnie Lott to play in today's game, he'd likely be used entirely as a Corner, not a hard-hitting safety. 

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

we need more dogs. ok. we also need you to stop blitzing all the time and leaving the defensive backfield an open prairie for chunk yardage.. 

and while your at it, make some plays in crunch time when the other team is marching down the field to win on its last drive.

oh yeah, and some turnoveres...  Victor Green (3 INt. 4 FR)  had more in his 1st 2 years starting....  ( mouth has 1 and 3)

so, you're basically a less productive version of victor green with on a marginally better team.

Ah, Victor Green,  love the way that guy played.  Could really "lay some wood". Need a lot more like him.

6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Ah, Victor Green,  love the way that guy played.  Could really "lay some wood". Need a lot more like him.

and i have no problem Jets fans liking a player like this...    but ya gotta get some perspective.

he's good. Not more.

Not great. and not comparable to HOFers at his position by a really really long longshot.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Polamalu was taken # 16 overall.  Ed Reed # 23 overall. 

And if you asked Ronnie Lott to play in today's game, he'd likely be used entirely as a Corner, not a hard-hitting safety. 

Good point but we'll never know, will we.  Different time,  somewhat different game.  To predict draft slotting status on these players is disingenuous, but not as foolish as saying that safeties don't matter much.  Do Linebackers matter much?  Do cornerbacks matter much?  Do Defensive Linemen matter much?  Good/great safeties fill all those roles at different points on good defenses, don't they?   Not sure Ronnie Lott had the speed to play corner on a full time basis, especially later in his career.

34 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Self-celebration is a hallmark of this team and, frankly has infected the league as a whole.  That is a big problem. Especially with this team.  That is   what must change in order for us to stop, the "sucking".  As for  the league,  f"em, don't care, although it bothers me....a lot.  Almost as much as Roger Goodell  and the officiating/"rules committee.

Get off my lawn!!!

7 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Good point but we'll never know, will we.  Different time,  somewhat different game.  To predict draft slotting status on these players is disingenuous, but not as foolish as saying that safeties don't matter much.  Do Linebackers matter much?  Do cornerbacks matter much?  Do Defensive Linemen matter much?  Good/great safeties fill all those roles at different points on good defenses, don't they?   Not sure Ronnie Lott had the speed to play corner on a full time basis, especially later in his career.

Position importance on Defense, ranked:

1.  Pass Rusher

2.  # 1 Corner

3.  Additional Pass Rusher

4.  # 2 Corner

5.  DT with Pass-Rushing Capabilities

6.  Non-Pass Rushing OLB

7a.  ILB

7b.  Slot Corner

7c.  Safety

He’s not technically incorrect, but a real leader doesn’t rip his own teammates like he keeps doing to the media. I don’t think Jamal is maliciously doing anything, he’s just an emotional guy that needs to mature a little. 

Feels good to hear what he said as a fan, but if you’re a guy in the locker room, he’s basically saying “you all suck and don’t care like i do”. With his high intensity and loud leadership style, that kind of behavior is going to cause some resentment and divisiveness. You already have guys like Q and Kearse having to answer questions about it and disagreeing with what he said. 

55 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You're deflecting. The issue here is that our "leader of men" is really just a self-campaigning malcontent who is willing to go to social media or the press and air dirty laundry. That's not leadership. That's douchebaggery. 

It's  amazing, people here complain that the media here is to blame because all they talk about is Bowles. One poster said the media is the enemy  of the people because nobody  is  talking about Mac. Now a player steps up and trashes Mac and he's  a yapping Malcontent.  

37 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The league has changed and you are basically naming hall of famers. The point is twofold, you basically NEED to be ed reed or Polamalu to be worth a high pick as a safety anymore. the league has become ultra pass happy, emphasizing coverage skills and bigger and faster defenders as training has gotten a lot better. You also basically can’t touch a receiver after five yards, tackle them with your helmet, and receivers get away with pick plays all the time. So safety play is a lot less valuable with the rule changes and evolution of offenses. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

it's funny, because i'm not the one all wound... but if I had been in your shoes, and posted as many stupid arguments as you did, I probably would have opted for the "it ain't me, it's you" gif too

You are a troll who never contribute coherently to the dialogues. This is why you aren’t allowed at the adults table yet 

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  amazing, people here complain that the media here is to blame because all they talk about is Bowles. One poster said the media is the enemy  of the people because nobody  is  talking about Mac. Now a player steps up and trashes Mac and he's  a yapping Malcontent.  

This only makes sense as a criticism IF the same people calling the media evil for not going after Mac are also calling Adams a puss-wah for going after Mac. That'd be hypocritical. 

In my case, I never made the comments about the media. I think they are stupid comments. The media, especially the low-brow sports media, do nothing but echo the loud idiot part of sports fanhood. 

So, while there may be validity to what you're saying, I don't believe it applies to me and my points.

Archived