Kareem Hunt Expected to be Reinstated in 2019

slats

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it's what you will over look with your morals.  We all know it's morally unacceptable. We'll accept or forgive to different levels.  I'm not being criticle, just saying some are more willing to overlook more depending on the player. 

Its total bs to not see that if it were Billal Powell it would be a different story than Hunt.  Admit it and move on, no big deal

Admit what? Don't associate your own wacky ideas with me. I don't watch football because I think the players are boyscouts. I watch because it's an entertaining game. I want my favorite team to win.

The league is full of scumbags, some of them are Jets. It's irrelevant to me. 

If the league allows a guy to play, it's fair game for all teams.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

No, Dogs are superior to Humans.

Human life, if you look at history's atrocities, is overrated. It's only valued and appreciated when it hits too close to home.

Hunt has not been charged w/a crime, yet Vick was. That's all you need to really know about the severity of the actions committed and what the LAW determines is a crime. Booting a dumb, drunken, privileged chick doesn't make you a woman beater and organizing a dog fighting ring DOES make you a criminal. Discern the difference. 

Dogs don't have to actually press charges and can't be paid off to remain silent. 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Admit what? Don't associate your own wacky B's with me. I don't watch football because I think the players are boyscouts. I watch because it's an entertaining game. I want my favorite team to win.

The league is full of scumbags, some of them are Jets. It's irrelevant to me. 

So what part of you can sign who you want, doesn't bother me but I wouldn't do it has your panties twisted?  Fine, you'd sign him.  I wouldn't.  That's it.  Why do you think I need to be convinced by bringing up nonsense about weed smokers, dog fighting, Boy Scouts, a league that has a few other scum bags so it's all ok. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Did I miss something? Poster are calling Chief Slapaho a serial woman beater and domestic abuser. To my knowledge he has a few fights with guys and the video incident with the girl that wouldn’t leave. Has he ever been arrested for domestic abuse or has there been other issues with women?

FOR ONCE, YOU actually get it! Thank you. 

Chief Slapaho is clever! lol.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what part of you can sign who you want, doesn't bother me but I wouldn't do it has your panties twisted?  Fine, you'd sign him.  I wouldn't.  That's it.  Why do you think I need to be convinced by bringing up nonsense about weed smokers, dog fighting, Boy Scouts, a league that has a few other scum bags so it's all ok. 

You're on here virtue signaling talking about morals and telling me I need to admit something. I just want the Jets to win games. 

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're on here virtue signaling talking about morals and telling me I need to admit something. I just want the Jets to win games. 

It's an old argument.  Teams that will overlook what others won't for the prospect of a nice return on the field.  I totally get it, why I said fine.  I just wouldn't do it.  Not a big deal

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I disagree!!!

Sign him to a WE STILL BELIEVE IN YOU, NEVER Doubted You contract - a Fair Market value contract (he would still accept less than $14M/yr., I'd say he'd take $7.5-&8.75M since he's on a short leash w/league- and Hunt will BLAST THROUGH WALLS for this team for believing in him and giving him a 2nd chance. 

DO IT TANNY!!!!!!!

got to lay off the coffee, now. lol

THat's pretty presumptuous don't ya think? Especially after your previous tirade about not knowing the guy.  

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

THat's pretty presumptuous don't ya think? Especially after your previous tirade about not knowing the guy.  

No. The Tirade was in regards to people who were stating he's this criminal habitual woman-beater, and that he would "repeat" the same actions again in the future. I think that's quite a presumption without knowing the person and the evidence presented THUS far. 

What you quoted is MY PITCH to sign him - others stated that you could sign Hunt for 10% of the price of Bell or near a vet minimum - in which I believe, in order to lure him to sign with the Jets, we SHOULD pay the man a premium contract and "pitch" it to him as "never doubting his talent" angle since (my assumption in this hypothetical) I think other teams would try to sign him to lowball offers due to the league's thin ice for his status going forward. 

That's all, nothing more nothing less, but thanks for playing. :)

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If you were actually clarifying and not arguing, poorly, I would direct your attention to the fact that I was already very specific that this is based on the nature of Hunt’s transgression and not my position with respect to second chances generally.

I was neither arguing (poorly) or otherwise, dont get your panties in a bunch

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

That was Joe Mixon who was drafted last year by Cincy in the 2nd round.

He's had his nose clean since. Case of poor judgement & mistake by stupid youth? Depends on who you're speaking with . . . :mellow:

Gotcha....now I remember. Now I have a new question, what are people referring to with regard to him being a repeat offender? Are there more videos or reports that I am unaware of or is that just assumptions?

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Gotcha....now I remember. Now I have a new question, what are people referring to with regard to him being a repeat offender? Are there more videos or reports that I am unaware of or is that just assumptions?

I asked the same question. He’s been called a serial woman abuser and a domestic abuser but I haven’t seen anything other then the one video and fights with guys. 

11 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He punched some guy (who here HASN'T had to do that at some point in their lives? Honestly, either defending a loved one or standing up for/protecting yourself) and there was some "group fight" at a club in which he was associated with being a part of to some degree - again, PAR FOR THE COURSE, in my experience, of young rich 20 year old alpha males that play pro sports. 

The Death Sentence Condemnation results from him booting that dumb trick who didn't want to leave the hotel room in the security footage - which is tame when juxtaposed with ACTUAL criminally-charged domestic violence incidents. 

Results: No Arrests

Again, NO CRIMINAL Charges, but for the Blessed Sisters of Mother Mary here, he's more than qualified to be eternally damned from here on out. 

NOW, he DID LIE to his superiors about the full disclosure of what transpired - WHY he was cut, but that's the only caveat I see and I'm SURE he's learned from it. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Jesus Christ dude.

Please elaborate on WHAT you find so absurd that you cite a deity?!?! 

Again, was there a criminal indictment or civil action that indicates the "incident" was anything more than that? 

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

He punched some guy (who here HASN'T had to do that at some point in their lives? Honestly, either defending a loved one or standing up for/protecting yourself) and there was some "group fight" at a club in which he was associated with being a part of to some degree - again, PAR FOR THE COURSE, in my experience, of young rich 20 year old alpha males that play pro sports. 

The Death Sentence Condemnation results from him booting that dumb trick who didn't want to leave the hotel room in the security footage - which is tame when juxtaposed with ACTUAL criminally-charged domestic violence incidents. 

Results: No Arrests

Again, NO CRIMINAL Charges, but for the Blessed Sisters of Mother Mary here, he's more than qualified to be eternally damned from here on out. 

ok so for my purposes I am going to ignore anything related to bar fights, fighting other grown men, etc. That is not in any sense related to domestic violence and if you have any understanding of the issue then you do not lump in these kinds of irresponsible behavior with the kinds perpetrated by chronic (or singular) abusers. 

So there was only the one incident? Then that kills the notion that this is an ongoing, chronic issue? no? yes? 

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

ok so for my purposes I am going to ignore anything related to bar fights, fighting other grown men, etc. That is not in any sense related to domestic violence and if you have any understanding of the issue then you do not lump in these kinds of irresponsible behavior with the kinds perpetrated by chronic (or singular) abusers. 

So there was only the one incident? Then that kills the notion that this is an ongoing, chronic issue? no? yes? 

Again, it depends on who you ask. I say no, others here say yes. 

Like always in life . . . . WE SHALL EVENTUALLY SEE.

Were criminal charges filed?!!?!? Even WITH the video evidence?
Did she sue in civil court and WIN for such an EGREGIOUS ASSAULT upon her person where she had no partial culpability!?!?!?

I'm SERIOUSLY asking. B/c if NOT, then I don't know WHERE you get your exaggerated CNN-esque sensationalism based on PERSONAL Opinion and narrative?

I’m guessing I shouldn’t believe my lying eyes. Not like you didn’t see him punch and kick a woman in 1080i. Carry on.

20 minutes ago, DLJ said:

I’m guessing I shouldn’t believe my lying eyes. Not like you didn’t see him punch and kick a woman in 1080i. Carry on.

WOW - make up much?!??!?!

Please SHOW ME in the video WHEN AND WHERE Hunt "punched" with a CLOSED FIST and fully swing-kicked that woman. PLEASE! because I KNOW what I saw, and the LIES YOU STATE DID NOT OCCUR in that video. 

23 minutes ago, DLJ said:

No charges were filed hence it never happened and his character is top notch

This is a new low.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Good thing vigilante Justice by stupid mob reaction isn't the norm in today's society . . .  oh wait!

That post is a new low for fake news and selective optics. Carry on in your Whaaaaaaaa-ambulence.

24 minutes ago, DLJ said:

20 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It wasn’t domestic violence. He didn’t even know her, she was not allowed into his apartment for a party and refuse to leave. She also went after them. She hit and ripped the necklace of one of the guys. He wasn’t beating his wife/mate. IT’S NOT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. 

So apparently DIFFERENT PEOPLE SEE DIFFERENT THINGS even though it's the SAME VISUAL EVIDENCE PROVIDED. 

Welcome to uMer-ika!

41 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Please SHOW ME in the video WHEN AND WHERE Hunt "punched" with a CLOSED FIST and fully swing-kicked that woman. PLEASE! because I KNOW what I saw, and the LIES YOU STATE DID NOT OCCUR in that video. 

Wait so kicking a woman while she’s on the floor doesn’t count unless it’s a full roundhouse?

119218D2-FA94-47E1-B43F-C89CDBFDD4EC.jpeg.724c605067ba52184919c9926188c9b4.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Dude, unfortunately these are the times we live in. While this is NOT acceptable and he DEFINITELY should have handled it differently and this wasnt domestic violence imo.... if you are involved in an incident and you are the male you are presumed to be the aggressor and therefore have to take extreme caution to protect yourself....and what I mean by that is WALK AWAY.

I worked in the DV unit in the 43rd precinct in the bronx for 5 years and I know the difference. I also can tell you countless stories of when the "victim" was the male and how uneven justice is with regard to these cases. There are no "services" in place, for example there is no such thing as a DV shelter for male victims. In fact on most calls where the male was the victim he was told to ignore her, take a walk, etc. I distinctly remember a case where a young man about 23, 5 ft 7 or so and maybe 165lbs with rocks in his pocket was being BEATEN by his live in spouse pretty regularly. She was a larger than life size woman from the Caribbean who wasnt shy about putting her man in his place. There was nowhere we could refer him and he was scared to testify. We eventually arrested her because she went too far one day and actually stabbed him but prior to that she was whipping his arse pretty regular with very little in the way of services or justice for him. I use this as an example but there are also many, many same sex relationships where there is a male victim. Same lack of compassion or services apply in those situations as well. 

I cant tell you how many arguments we have had on the unit about cases like this but what can you do? For many many years women have been the primary victim in these cases and have a well documented history of injuries and deaths at the hands of these cretins. So I don't think the instinctive view will ever be fair and men will always be presumed to be the aggressor and perp prior to all the facts being presented.

None of this means Hunt is innocent of a crime, it means that men bought that "guilty" ticket years ago so don't expect the benefit of the doubt any time soon. The presumption that he is a repeat offender prior to facts being presented is par for the course. He might be, but lets wait for the facts shall we?

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Wait so kicking a woman while she’s on the floor doesn’t count unless it’s a full roundhouse?

He booted her with his heel (barely reaching her) as she was already low to the ground and falling back from her drunken momentum & whaling.

I've seen security guards rougher with skater kids than what transpired in that video. Stop trolling 

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Did he kick her? I mean he tried but did he actually kick her? it looked more like flailing his leg at her in a week attempt while being dragged away. I am not saying that is in anyway justifiable or defensible...just lets stick to the facts and call it what it really is instead of trying to make it bigger because it's offensive. Its disgusting enough, we dont need to engross it. 

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Did he kick her? I mean he tried but did he actually kick her? it looked more like flailing his leg at her in a week attempt while being dragged away. I am not saying that is in anyway justifiable or defensible...just lets stick to the facts and call it what it really is instead of trying to make it bigger because it's offensive. Its disgusting enough, we dont need to engross it. 

Technically nobody kicks anybody. Both people and space are all made up of the same molecules and time is a flat circle. So when you really break it down Hunt isn't guilty of anything.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Technically nobody kicks anybody. Both people and space are all made up of the same molecules and time is a flat circle. So when you really break it down Hunt isn't guilty of anything.

no....sometimes people get kicked

tenor.gif

close is not the same as doing.......

121416-kevin-dyson-pi.vresize.1200.630.h

Archived