Draft Analyst-Tony Pauline pre combine ratings

section314

Interesting, has 6 defensive players graded out higher than Josh Allen. Also, cover your eyes@Paradis, has DK Metcalf rated a 4th rounder.

1) Q.Williams 5.54

2) Bosa 5.5

3)Ferrell  5.15

4)Gary 5.07

5)Oliver 4.95

6)C.Wilkins 4.88       * my favorite player in draft.

Allen 4.8

Quinnen Williams is the second coming of Leonard Williams. We have had enough of non impact first round DL IMO.

Would Bosa be so highly rated if his last name was Ghloston?  I mean the guy has 17 sacks in 30 COLLEGE games yet we are expecting him to be a 12-15 sack a year minimum guy in the NFL?? Seems a reach, and he is strictly a pass rusher.

The overrating of "EDGE" and defensive lineman in the draft has become almost a disease. Jets need OL and playmakers. Not a super risky "edge" player or another low impact defensive lineman.

I get that these guys are freakish athletes but the delta between them and the off the street JAG is pretty small, except for the very rare Mack, Watt or Donald.

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Quinnen Williams is the second coming of Leonard Williams. We have had enough of non impact first round DL IMO.

Would Bosa be so highly rated if his last name was Ghloston?  I mean the guy has 17 sacks in 30 COLLEGE games yet we are expecting him to be a 12-15 sack a year minimum guy in the NFL?? Seems a reach, and he is strictly a pass rusher.

The overrating of "EDGE" and defensive lineman in the draft has become almost a disease. Jets need OL and playmakers. Not a super risky "edge" player or another low impact defensive lineman.

I get that these guys are freakish athletes but the delta between them and the off the street JAG is pretty small, except for the very rare Mack, Watt or Donald.

Seriously if the jets draft another interior DL at 3 I will buy a plane, get a pilots license and fly the Fire Macagnan banner myself over Florian Park

On 2/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, section314 said:

Interesting, has 6 defensive players graded out higher than Josh Allen. Also, cover your eyes@Paradis, has DK Metcalf rated a 4th rounder.

1) Q.Williams 5.54

2) Bosa 5.5

3)Ferrell  5.15

4)Gary 5.07

5)Oliver 4.95

6)C.Wilkins 4.88       * my favorite player in draft.

Allen 4.8

I’ll admit to getting sucked into the hype on Metcalf.  While I have gone through a few of his games and loved the upside, I haven’t done a true deep dive. We’ll see. 

Guys I’m sure of; Ridley, Hurd, Doss, Brown, Samuel

I'd love to find a way to slide back a couple spots, not many, and grab Ferrell.  A down 4-3 DE of his caliber would be great IMO.  We need another John Abraham type.  Make it relatively cheap to flip spots with the Raiders (ex. just take a single 2nd rounder) and hope to get Ferrell at 4.

I'm warming up to the idea of Q. Williams.  At 3 you have to take BPA even if it's a DT IMO.  I think Bosa and Allen are much sexier edge guys and will go 1, 2.  If QW rates out as the best player then I'd rather just take him.  There are simply no offensive players worthy of the spot. 

Get a pass rusher, CB and tons of OL in free agency.  Then draft BPA at #3 overall.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I'm warming up to the idea of Q. Williams.  At 3 you have to take BPA even if it's a DT IMO.  I think Bosa and Allen are much sexier edge guys and will go 1, 2.  If QW rates out as the best player then I'd rather just take him.  There are simply no offensive players worthy of the spot. 

Get a pass rusher, CB and tons of OL in free agency.  Then draft BPA at #3 overall.

If there is one DT worth drafting at #3 it's Ed Oliver because he is dynamic and has a much higher ceiling. If we draft QW at #3 I'll gouge my eyes out with a rusty train spike.  

52 minutes ago, RobR said:

If there is one DT worth drafting at #3 it's Ed Oliver because he is dynamic and has a much higher ceiling. If we draft QW at #3 I'll gouge my eyes out with a rusty train spike.  

Have some antibiotics handy. We wouldn't want an infection to set in.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:20 PM, jetstream23 said:

I'd love to find a way to slide back a couple spots, not many, and grab Ferrell.  A down 4-3 DE of his caliber would be great IMO.  We need another John Abraham type.  Make it relatively cheap to flip spots with the Raiders (ex. just take a single 2nd rounder) and hope to get Ferrell at 4.

I’m not huge on Ferrell anymore.  Somethings I saw on tape bothered me.  He could be a poor man’s Ziggy Ansah or he could be another mediocre DE. 

High floor/low ceiling guy

I’d rather we draft Allen or Jonah at 3

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, Paradis said:

I’ll admit to getting sucked into the hype on Metcalf.  While I have gone through a few of his games and loved the upside, I haven’t done a true deep dive. We’ll see. 

Guys I’m sure of; Ridley, Hurd, Doss, Brown, Samuel

So then the whole "gotta have him at #3" thing last week never happened? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

So then the whole "gotta have him at #3" thing last week never happened? :rolleyes:

what?  If his medical checks out and his combine goes well - then I would consider him with any pick in the first - don't remember saying "We gotta have him". If he's who we want him to be -- ie. that dominating split end WR -- then he's up there. 

or not. I don't care. 

On 2/16/2019 at 8:07 PM, RobR said:

I'll get you a white cane. 

Archived