Antonio done with the Steelers

JetFanatic

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bell has done nothing volatile.  He wouldnt let himself be used.  Not the same as Brown being a douche and fighting with coaches and teammates on the sidelines etc

Not Bell. I think something is up with Ben and the Steelers organization and I think he was referring to the “Bell” situation and not Bell himself for being responsible.

Either way, I never could have imagined such a crash and burn. As they become weaker as a team, Ben will finally retire in next year or 2. Full rebuild coming. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bell has done nothing volatile.  He wouldnt let himself be used.  Not the same as Brown being a douche and fighting with coaches and teammates on the sidelines etc

NEVER SAID HE DID there is something volatile going on in Pittsburgh pointing in the direction of the organization, owner, Mike Tomlin or Big Ben. 

Do you understand? 

I want both Bell and Brown on the NY Jets. 

10 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Not Bell. I think something is up with Ben and the Steelers organization and I think he was referring to the “Bell” situation and not Bell himself for being responsible.

Thank you but again all JetNut wants to do is argue about everything, 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

NEVER SAID HE DID there is something volatile going on in Pittsburgh pointing in the direction of the organization, owner, Mike Tomlin or Big Ben. 

Do you understand? 

I  think that many people are negative on Bell and he was just defending him. Miscommunication is all. We all agree that the Steelers are a train wreck. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Come on CL Bell and Brown we battle NE for the AFC East crown. 

Brown is a psycho. There are divas and then their are psychos. No thanks. If we were closer to contention or a mature team and not one going through ANOTHER f*cking rebuild already, then maybe I would feel differently. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Brown is a psycho. There are divas and then their are psychos. No thanks. If we were closer to contention or a mature team and not one going through ANOTHER f*cking rebuild already, then maybe I would feel differently. 

Ok fair enough but I want to WIN 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok fair enough but I want to WIN 

We all do. Frankly, I don’t care if we get Brown. I wouldn’t be mad. I have zero expectations with Mac here and will just sitback and watch the circus. Sam is all that I care about. I am not pushing for any offseason moves or draft picks because it’s a waste of time. 

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We all do. Frankly, I don’t care if we get Brown. I wouldn’t be mad. I have zero expectations with Mac here and will just sitback and watch the circus. Sam is all that I care about. I am not pushing for any offseason moves or draft picks because it’s a waste of time. 

i know but imagine our offense with Bell and Brown :D

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you understand? 

Who's arguing.  You need to grow up and stop playing the poor little sensitive act.  Every post I put up you whine is to argue, no one is arguing.  What written here is to argue in your opinion?

"Bell has done nothing volatile.  He wouldnt let himself be used.  Not the same as Brown being a douche and fighting with coaches and teammates on the sidelines etc"

i know but imagine our offense with Bell and Brown 
I don't think it would be good. Bell will cost too much and brown will cost a pick and too much. If we ended up with the two of them our offensive line is not properly adressed and we have two older guys on the offense who are likely past their primes who will only be good for the years where we are not planning on being serious superbowl contenders cause we are rebuilding.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who's arguing.  You need to grow up and stop playing the poor little sensitive act.  Every post I put up you whine is to argue, no one is arguing.  What written here is to argue in your opinion?

"Bell has done nothing volatile.  He wouldnt let himself be used.  Not the same as Brown being a douche and fighting with coaches and teammates on the sidelines etc"

You scrutinize every post I make and then spin it around to turn it into an argument. 

You need to get a life. 

Stop trolling me. 

Sensitive that I'm not, just sick and tired of your nonsense day in and day out here. 

If there is anything to take away from this past NFL season its that the Pats ability to get their entire team to buy into the goal and give maximum effort is what matters most.  This is not 2002 when Brady was an elite player, he can barely throw, but their whole team understands what it takes to win.

Antonio Brown is a RIDICULOUS player, but you can't win as a team when he doesn't show up to meetings, etc.  That can be ok for a season if he is producing and the team is winning, but Sam is the organization going forward and signing a WR  who is a huge disciplinary problem, no matter how talented, is a mistake.

8 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I agree that Bell will probably under perform any contract he gets.  That's why I am against him coming here.  But, if you agree with this rationale @Philc1, then please explain to me why you are willing to pay:  Dante Fowler 15million, who you agree is a big risk;  and Olivier Vernon who has underperformed badly on a High Cost free agent deal. This is inconsistent thinking and out of character for you.

Is it ? lol

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

You scrutinize every post I make and then spin it around to turn it into an argument. 

You need to get a life. 

Stop trolling me. 

Sensitive that I'm not, just sick and tired of your nonsense day in and day out here. 

You said I was picking an argument.  I copied and pasted the post, asked you what was argumentative in that post.  Nothing from you.  

Just more crying about imagined arguments, more lunacy about trolling and needing a life.  From someone who sees arguments where there are none.  But I need a life.  

Ive said it before, will say it again.  If you don't understand that on an internet message board some posts will open debate and you don't want it either stop reading responses or put us on ignore.  Youre then sensitive one, the one who doesn't get how this works. Not all of us who you call out for not agreeing with the few posts where you actually type words 

8 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Brown is a psycho but Bell who is a pothead who just skipped a year he is a model citizen 

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

If there is anything to take away from this past NFL season its that the Pats ability to get their entire team to buy into the goal and give maximum effort is what matters most.  This is not 2002 when Brady was an elite player, he can barely throw, but their whole team understands what it takes to win.

Antonio Brown is a RIDICULOUS player, but you can't win as a team when he doesn't show up to meetings, etc.  That can be ok for a season if he is producing and the team is winning, but Sam is the organization going forward and signing a WR  who is a huge disciplinary problem, no matter how talented, is a mistake.

The Steelers have made the playoffs just about every year they have had Brown

They missed the playoffs this year because their defense sucked

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Brown is a psycho but Bell who is a pothead who just skipped a year he is a model citizen 

He is not a model citizen at all.....but neither are many NFL players. Bell is completely different than Brown and the Steelers handles the situation poorly. It’s more in the Steelers than him. Bell is no choir boy but he can be worked with. Brown is a 31 year old psycho with a huge contract that is on the downside of his career.

He also will not be happy on a trash team when he come from a winning program and that didn’t make him happy. NY media would eat him alive. Also, much like Khalil Mack, susperstars get traded out of conference. We have to pay a premium and are at a major disadvantage. This is all moot point. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He is not a model citizen at all.....but neither are many NFL players. Bell is completely different than Brown and the Steelers handles the situation poorly. It’s more in the Steelers than him. Bell is no choir boy but he can be worked with. Brown is a 31 year old psycho with a huge contract that is on the downside of his career.

He also will not be happy on a trash team when he come from a winning program and that didn’t make him happy. NY media would eat him alive. Also, much like Khalil Mack, susperstars get traded out of conference. We have to pay a premium and are at a major disadvantage. This is all moot point. 

Brown is a way more valuable player than Bell it isn’t even close

Enunwa cannot stay healthy, Robby is really a 2nd or 3rd wr, we have no slot receiver and the free agent market for WRs is terrible this year but hey I’m sure they are all great guys who would make good eagle scouts

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Brown is a way more valuable player than Bell it isn’t even close

Enunwa cannot stay healthy, Robby is really a 2nd or 3rd wr, we have no slot receiver and the free agent market for WRs is terrible this year but hey I’m sure they are all great guys who would make good eagle scouts

Well I disagree. Not the player I personally want and that’s my opinion. We are a total mess and a 31 year old head case is not the solution for a team implementing a new program and rebuilding. Maybe you think we are in better shape than I do. I’m just being a realist. 

The most likely and intriguing Antonio Brown trade destinations

February 19, 2019 | 4:10pm

Modal Trigger
Antonio Brown
Antonio BrownAP

Antonio Brown is officially on the trading block, as he first reported on his Twitter account Tuesday and was later confirmed by multiple outlets. Now the question is where the seven-time Pro Bowler will wind up.

Below are some options of teams that have cap space and are in need of a No. 1 wide receiver:

49ers

Brown has made it clear he wouldn’t mind going to the Bay Area. He has posted a photo of himself in a 49ers uniform being embraced by Jerry Rice. The Hall of Fame wide receiver previously has said Brown wanted to play for San Francisco, which has a franchise quarterback, Jimmy Garoppolo, who could make Brown happy. Brown could take that offense — which also includes young standouts Jerick McKinnon at running back and George Kittle at tight end — to another level.

Jets

Sam Darnold needs a No. 1 receiver, and the free-agent market at the position is woeful. Still, the Jets have plenty of holes to fill, and you wonder if general manager Mike Maccagnan would be willing to give up enough draft picks to make a deal happen. Also, do the Jets really want to add a potential locker-room menace in Brown when they need to change the culture?

Colts

Indianapolis is in win-now mode, and pairing Brown with T.Y. Hilton would give the Colts one of the premier wide receiver duos in the sport. Still, Brown may not fit with the culture coach Frank Reich, entering his second season, is building. General manager Chris Ballard would like to add a “difference maker” this offseason, but only if it’s the right player and person.

“He’s gotta fit into our culture. He has to fit in to doing things right. He has to fit in about being team-first. He has to be accountable to his teammates,” Ballard recently told the team’s website. “They have to fit that criteria.”

Cardinals

Like the Jets, the Cardinals have a young quarterback they need to surround with weapons. Brown could do wonders for Josh Rosen. But for a team that isn’t close to winning, does it make sense to give up assets for Brown at this time?

Patriots

This may be a reach, but they did reportedly try to trade for Odell Beckham Jr. last summer, and they would obviously like to maximize the rest of Tom Brady’s career. What better way than to give him a true No. 1 receiver? It certainly worked out well with Randy Moss years ago.

The huge problem: CBS Sports has reported there’s no way the rivals would make the trade, with Pittsburgh and New England constantly in battle for the AFC.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:59 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

30C4F07B-2873-4EDA-8D8F-CD96A916AEAD.jpeg

Just now, Rolloffjet said:

30C4F07B-2873-4EDA-8D8F-CD96A916AEAD.jpeg

I’d like to think I’m a realist whether something is good or bad. I call it like it is. Kool aid chugging is not my thing. Nor is kissing this organization’s *ss when they have been a complete failure from top to bottom the last few years with zero direction or plan. Call it what you want but I call it like it is. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The most likely and intriguing Antonio Brown trade destinations

February 19, 2019 | 4:10pm

Modal Trigger
Antonio Brown
Antonio BrownAP

Antonio Brown is officially on the trading block, as he first reported on his Twitter account Tuesday and was later confirmed by multiple outlets. Now the question is where the seven-time Pro Bowler will wind up.

Below are some options of teams that have cap space and are in need of a No. 1 wide receiver:

49ers

Brown has made it clear he wouldn’t mind going to the Bay Area. He has posted a photo of himself in a 49ers uniform being embraced by Jerry Rice. The Hall of Fame wide receiver previously has said Brown wanted to play for San Francisco, which has a franchise quarterback, Jimmy Garoppolo, who could make Brown happy. Brown could take that offense — which also includes young standouts Jerick McKinnon at running back and George Kittle at tight end — to another level.

Jets

Sam Darnold needs a No. 1 receiver, and the free-agent market at the position is woeful. Still, the Jets have plenty of holes to fill, and you wonder if general manager Mike Maccagnan would be willing to give up enough draft picks to make a deal happen. Also, do the Jets really want to add a potential locker-room menace in Brown when they need to change the culture?

Colts

Indianapolis is in win-now mode, and pairing Brown with T.Y. Hilton would give the Colts one of the premier wide receiver duos in the sport. Still, Brown may not fit with the culture coach Frank Reich, entering his second season, is building. General manager Chris Ballard would like to add a “difference maker” this offseason, but only if it’s the right player and person.

“He’s gotta fit into our culture. He has to fit in to doing things right. He has to fit in about being team-first. He has to be accountable to his teammates,” Ballard recently told the team’s website. “They have to fit that criteria.”

Cardinals

Like the Jets, the Cardinals have a young quarterback they need to surround with weapons. Brown could do wonders for Josh Rosen. But for a team that isn’t close to winning, does it make sense to give up assets for Brown at this time?

Patriots

This may be a reach, but they did reportedly try to trade for Odell Beckham Jr. last summer, and they would obviously like to maximize the rest of Tom Brady’s career. What better way than to give him a true No. 1 receiver? It certainly worked out well with Randy Moss years ago.

The huge problem: CBS Sports has reported there’s no way the rivals would make the trade, with Pittsburgh and New England constantly in battle for the AFC.

He's not coming here, S.F and I think the Pats could be a good shout with all their picks.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:55 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

In all seriousness, with every new video this guy puts out - something is seriously wrong with him. AB or Big chest guy or whatever the hell he is calling himself is having a f*cking breakdown. 

35 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Meh some of you guys are just as over dramatic as he is.

I don’t know man. I’m fine with 99% of players and think that wanting “choir boys” is a sure fire way to destroy a roster. I’d be fine with most malcontents,suspended players or players that need a second chance like Kareem Hunt. These care calculated risks that have minimal downside.

A 31 year old diva wideout that shows really bizarre/mentally unstable behavior with a huge cap hit, just doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. For example, I hate O’dell Beckham but would even take him over Brown.

There is diva/self absorbed and then there is psycho. We will see how things play out. Brown is the rare “100% NO!” from me. I do hate Beckham though. 

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t know man. I’m fine with 99% of players and think that wanting “choir boys” is a sure fire way to destroy a roster. I’d be fine with most malcontents,suspended players or players that need a second chance like Kareem Hunt. These care calculated risks that have minimal downside.

A 31 year old diva wideout that shows really bizarre/mentally unstable behavior with a huge cap hit, just doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. For example, I hate O’dell Beckham but would even take him over Brown.

There is diva/self absorbed and then there is psycho. We will see how things play out. Brown is the rare “100% NO!” from me. I do hate Beckham though. 

He was perfectly fine a year or two ago. People act out sometimes. Some sh*ts going down in Pittsburgh. It’s whatever to me. We have the money, we have a need, we suck. I’d take him. That’s just me tho. Y’all don’t have to agree with that. 

The IG video isn’t even bad lol.. 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He was perfectly fine a year or two ago. People act out sometimes. Some sh*ts going down in Pittsburgh. It’s whatever to me. We have the money, we have a need, we suck. I’d take him. That’s just me tho. Y’all don’t have to agree with that. 

The IG video isn’t even bad lol.. 

I do agree something is up in Pittsburgh. I don’t blame Brown for all of the Steeler problems that he is having. I’m sure plenty are to blame. I just think he’s not right in the head and not what we need is all. 

Archived