Tevin Coleman signs with Niners

rayzor

4 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

We could really use a true RB2 to spell Bell from time to time. I was hoping maybe they could sign Coleman as well but it wasn't meant to be. I don't know if Eli can do it and I'll take whatever Cannon provides as gravy.

powell can do that

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That's only $1M more than Crowell is getting.  Imagine having both Bell and Coleman ??   Damn you Macc!! ?

Come on. Mac is having a tough time adjusting to signing offensive players for more than pocket change? I will be amazed if he shell’s out any more for OL

37 minutes ago, slats said:

Should be fun to compare yards per dollar with Bell all year. 

People will definitely be doing this. But that's an obviously terrible metric. A back that runs for 500 yards every year shouldn't be making a third of what a back who runs for 1500 yards a year makes, for instance

47 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You literally overlooked their two best pass catching weapons heading into next  year.  

Kittle is a stud.... who’s the other? It’s not like I follow the 49ers all that much. Let’s see how Garrapolo does over a full season 

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You can pay Tevin Coleman $10 million for 2 years or you can draft a guy in the 3rd round with potential to be a lot better and pay him a fraction of the price. I don't get the Tevin Coleman love. 

He was a guy casual fans saw play in the Super Bowl as a change of pace back to Freeman. He's a name they recognize from a good team. Crowell was merely a player on a bad team therefore they assumed Coleman was WAY better. He is/was not. Every NFL GM could see that. 

Don't get me wrong, he could have a good year. Matt Breida last year put up 800 yards and 5 yards per carry in that offense and he was hurt much of the year. It's just that a guy like Coleman isn't THAT much better than your Powell/Crowell/Breida/CJ Anderson/A-Pete/random RB off the street. 

It's all about replacement value. A guy like Leveon Bell is an infinitely better RB, infinitely better blocker and an elite route runner (forget about as a RB). So he deserves to get paid. Maybe not as much as he thought, but definitely something in the 10-15 million range. 

Archived