The Last three picks by Mac

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

Not drafting a WR is unforgivable IMO.  Plenty of decent ones available up and down the 3rd and 4th rounds.  Only a Mac apologist can explain away any of the day 3 picks.  Putrid.   

SHould have taken Butler with the second rd 3 pick and the tackle at 4.3.  Not getting a WR is simply unforgivreable and Butler was the perfect size.. just what we needed.   The USC tackle was likely going to still be there 11 picks after. It saddened me to see Arizona take butler at the beginning of the round.  Would have been a nice target for Sam.

• Upvote 1

Well Pro Football Focus had every single one our picks rated in their top 250 prospects.  Even the Rutgers Kid.

Chuma Edoba was rated #64 and Cashman was #59.

I think the consensus is that Williams is a better, more talented prospect at this point of his career than Aaron Donald and Polite, had it not been for some immaturity and bad Agent advice, he would have been long gone before we got him.

Brian Baldinger called Wesco a “Baby Gronk.”

I think that despite not getting any immediate help on the OL or secondary, this draft will look good in three years.

5 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Well Pro Football Focus had every single one our picks rated in their top 250 prospects.  Even the Rutgers Kid.

I think the consensus is that Williams is a better, more talented prospect at this point of his career than Aaron Donald and Polite, had it not been for some immaturity and bad Agent advice, he would have been long gone before we got him.

I think that despite not getting any immediate help on the OL or secondary, this draft will look good in three years.

This very well might be the case but I would rather be hoping for the same things for 3 or 4 offensive players that were drafted to help fortify our offense and give our young QB the best chance to succeed.

57 minutes ago, Watchoutnow2 said:

from a Rutgers fan/season ticket holder; Bless will probably be named a starting corner week 1.  He is a mccourty level talent.  The question is will he be healthy come week 2.

The other side, Rutgers fans know he tweaked a hamstring week 1 last year making a ridiculous interception but no one knows why he didn’t come back.  It could be he was unwilling to play and risk further injury for the dumpster fire that is Coach Ash and Rutgers football the rest of last season.  I can’t blame him if that was the case.

You have Rutgers season tickets? What do those cost. $12? 

17 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Seems like every TE these days is a "baby gronk" I'm not buying it. I went to WVU and I watch all there games. This kid is mostly a run blocker. He has 2 routes on his route tree. Up the seem and out to the flat. Every single time.  Don't believe me watch his "highlights"

Macc sucks because he totally wastes draft picks. I mean we drafted legget 2 years ago, we drafted herndon last year and now Wesco this year. Spread the wealth around. You dont put all of your draft resources into 1 position like he does. Adams and maye In the same year with back to back picks was also very stupid. Drafting dlineman every single year is also stupid especially when you completely neglect the offensive side of the ball. 

Wesco and the scrub CB from Rutgers both shouldnt have been drafted by us. Macc should have picked an o lineman and /or a Wr. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Seems like every TE these days is a "baby gronk" I'm not buying it. I went to WVU and I watch all there games. This kid is mostly a run blocker. He has 2 routes on his route tree. Up the seem and out to the flat. Every single time.  Don't believe me watch his "highlights"

That's because he was used as mainly a FB in that offense. 

Gase is going to use him to do allot more.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

That's because he was used as mainly a FB in that offense. 

Gase is going to use him to do allot more.

Hahaha  Of course he will.

And ardarius Stewart is going to be laverneus Cole's part 2.  Chad Henson's going to be Erick decker. Dylan donahue reminds us of clay Mathews, Darren lee is going to be Ryan Shazier, and Wesco reminds us of gronk. Got it.

Wake up people. Macc throws sh*t at the draft board and everyone tries to convince themselves it will be a good pick. That's because they have no idea who these prospects are. And then boom just like that they are out of the league 2 years later

34 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

And ardarius Stewart is going to be laverneus Cole's part 2.  Chad Henson's going to be Erick decker. Dylan donahue reminds us of clay Mathews, Darren lee is going to be Ryan Shazier, and Wesco reminds us of gronk. Got it.

Wake up people. Macc throws sh*t at the draft board and everyone tries to convince themselves it will be a good pick. That's because they have no idea who these prospects are. And then boom just like that they are out of the league 2 years later

I did not compare him to anyone, nor did I say how he would do here.

I only pointed out that the offense he was in used him more as a FB than a TE.

Hence the stats you quoted and Gase is going to use him more creatively.

14 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I did not compare him to anyone, nor did I say how he would do here.

I only pointed out that the offense he was in used him more as a FB than a TE.

Hence the stats you quoted and Gase is going to use him more.

My bad. You didn't specifically say he will be baby gronk but others are and to me it's laughable. I think a lot of people just blindly support anything the jets do and create silly comparisons.  my post was more a generalization of our fanbase. 

4 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I had mentioned Hakeem Butler, Riley Ridley, Kelvin Harmon as potential day 3 targets earlier today.  All would have been worthy picks.   .  Jalen Hurd, Hunter Renfrow, Gary Jennings are a few others that would have been wiser selections than any of our day 3 picks. IMO.

Butler went first in rd 4 before we picked  I wanted him, Jets may have too but he was gone so they traded back and got more picks

Hurd went before we picked and the comment I saw was good player but picked too soon

i liked Renfrows hands but he went earlier than expected when Oakland traded up to get him

Now why he didn't take Harmon over an injured  DB I cant tell you

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

This is a great post, even if you don't agree

16 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Close is good in horseshoes and hand grenades....we want to be in front...these picks won't do that,,bottom line.....

Negative is the sense  I get from you, no basis on why, and you're pretty sure? My diatribe didn't sink in but of course in the blackened gloomy world of Jets football, I didn't expect it.....

I never mentioned about 'close' - it's all about coaching. We'll have to wait and see.