Scott Dierking

Neil Glat, do the right thing-Step down

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I stated it in my last post, and will again- I made him a straw man in this premise. 

I was actually giving the Johnsons benefit of the doubt that they are actually against the wall on some internal budget on personnel spending (this looks particularly true if you compare the Eagles vs Jets org chart that I linked to)and that it is an "either or or" type of scenario. I prefer not to think that they are so small minded that they think they are actually able to direct pro personnel employees and direct decisions. Maybe they are not.

My personal preference would be to have less personal marketing perks, and more smart personnel decisions that affect on-field decisions. Again, that is jut my personal choice.

Any apologies necessary to the Glat family are given here.

And again, one has nothing to do with the other.

Its not that hard. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

You are entirely entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying there is no salary cap so they don't need anyone to step down to bring in the perfect football mind. 

I am fine with Neil Glat reporting directly to the owner. Talk business stuff. I agree with the premise, they need a football mind on the other side that sites in between everyone and the owner. When the Yankees started winning in the 90's it was because Gene Michael was able to run the organization and when George came back from suspension he was able to talk him out of bad moves. Everyone is an expert these days, for the Johnson brothers they don't have to be football experts. They just have to be rich and hire the right football expert. 

Hmmmm.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/17/jets-gm-job-isnt-the-easy-sell-christopher-johnson-portrays

Who is running the show?

Any candidate is going to want to know the power structure inside the Jets. Johnson said Wednesday that the pecking order would remain the same with the coach and GM both answering to him. But some outsiders look at the Jets and wonder how much meddling goes on from other top members of the organization.

One league source said anyone who interviews should get a definitive answer about the roles of president Neil Glat, senior vice president Hymie Elhai and Johnson adviser Ira Akselrad and how much say they will have into football operations.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Hmmmm.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/17/jets-gm-job-isnt-the-easy-sell-christopher-johnson-portrays

Who is running the show?

Any candidate is going to want to know the power structure inside the Jets. Johnson said Wednesday that the pecking order would remain the same with the coach and GM both answering to him. But some outsiders look at the Jets and wonder how much meddling goes on from other top members of the organization.

One league source said anyone who interviews should get a definitive answer about the roles of president Neil Glat, senior vice president Hymie Elhai and Johnson adviser Ira Akselrad and how much say they will have into football operations.

To further this point, toxic organizations sense power voids where leaders "leave their lanes" and look to fill areas where they sense others are lacking. Incompetent leaders (re owners) begin operating in a panic mode as they attempt to close circles and begin to take bad advice from those that are not qualified in specified areas that they have no business in addressing. The intent is always good. The results are often an unmitigated disaster.

Certainly, I am extrapolating based only on what I can see from the outside. But, based on the current events and seeming disorder, the Jets have all the hallmarks of this disfunction.

Imagine, if you will, let's say a website that has 2 individuals that share executive duties. One, is conscientious, has a mindful approach and knowledge to the business. The other is a wildcard, involved in self and hungry for attention. The results of that type of relationship can only turn toxic as one tries to overpower the other with counter business growing activities.