Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

This 'obligation' sh*t is weird. Don't know what all you guys do for a living but I'm 40 years old and manage multiple restaurants for a small restaurant group. I know damn well I shouldn't be, and hope I won't be, running service on the floor when I'm 50, but that's what I do 5 days a week right now and have been doing (among many other duties/titles) the past 13 years. Some of you surely have worked in restaurants, it's a bitch sometimes.

If a restaurant operations job or restaurant consulting job comes calling in the next few years, i.e. a better situation, I'm gone. I say this as someone who LOVES my current employers. They're fantastic. This would be the best decision for my health and my family. 

He's a guy, with a kid on the way, $97 mil earned (salary only), has an architectural degree from one of the best schools in the nation, and apparently is in pain every day.  My body aches and creeks and cracks too (and so does yours), and I'm in decent shape for my age. How does this situation not compute with some regular folks? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

This 'obligation' sh*t is weird. Don't know what all you guys do for a living but I'm 40 years old and manage multiple restaurants for a small restaurant group. I know damn well I shouldn't be, and hope I won't be, running service on the floor when I'm 50, but that's what I do 5 days a week right now and have been doing (among many other duties/titles) the past 13 years. Some of you surely have worked in restaurants, it's a bitch sometimes.

If a restaurant operations job or restaurant consulting job comes calling in the next few years, i.e. a better situation, I'm gone. I say this as someone who LOVES my current employers. They're fantastic. This would be the best decision for my health and my family. 

He's a guy, with a kid on the way, $97 mil earned (salary only), and has an architectural degree from one of the best schools in the nation, and apparently in pain every day.  My body aches and creeks and cracks too (and so does yours), and I'm in decent shape for my age. How does this situation not compute with some regular folks? 

Would you put in two weeks notice and help train your replacement or just leave and burn the bridge

This is the issue. Not whether u can leave or not

• Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Would you put in two weeks notice and help train your replacement or just leave and burn the bridge

Of course the usual 2 weeks. I was recruited to come down here (Gulf Shores, AL) while living and working in Brooklyn for 10 years. I spent 2 years with one group down here and when I saw it was time I put in my notice. They asked for a 3rd week and we all worked it out.

I then went on to a group that was a little more fine dining. Not my forte, but it was a fun experience, I'm a more casual/bar/sports/local regulars at the bar type of guy. They ALSO asked for a 3rd week before I took my current job. Again, it was worked out.

Now, had any of them said 'Lets get through the Summer or Snowbird season first and then we'll talk' I'd tell them to kick rocks. Take a hike, I'm moving on. 

29 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Dude... you just gave yourself, I repeat, YOU just gave yourself a POTW rep for this post!!!

Nice.  lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Of course the usual 2 weeks. I was recruited to come down here (Gulf Shores, AL) while living and working in Brooklyn for 10 years. I spent 2 years with one group down here and when I saw it was time I put in my notice. They asked for a 3rd week and we all worked it out.

I then went on to a group that was a little more fine dining. Not my forte, but it was a fun experience, I'm a more casual/bar/sports/local regulars at the bar type of guy. They ALSO asked for a 3rd week before I took my current job. Again, it was worked out.

Now, had any of them said 'Lets get through the Summer or Snowbird season first and then we'll talk' I'd tell them to kick rocks. Take a hike, I'm moving on. 

So u agree. 

Imagine if you promised your boss future plans and he offered an ownership %. And he gave you months to make a decision. U agree.

Then after all the paperwork is done and you are ready to be partners you bail. Imagine the cluster f tht would cause

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT LUCK DID

• Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

So u agree. 

Imagine if you promised your boss future plans and he offered an ownership %. And he gave you months to make a decision. U agree.

Then after all the paperwork is done and you are ready to be partners you bail. Imagine the cluster f tht would cause

Oops. You did it again.... 90 more times and you’ll be in the positive rep zone.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

So u agree. 

Do I think his timing could have been better? Sure. But if health (mental or physical) is the reason then I don't care one lick about the Colts, the League, or the fantasy players, of which I am one.

But what I'm talking about is real life. He may be a cartoon figure/not real in some perspectives, but in reality he's just a dude, like you and me. Sanders and Robert Smith did the same thing. Tiki too if I remember correctly.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet9 said:

Do I think his timing could have been better? Sure. But if health (mental or physical) is the reason then I don't care one lick about the Colts, the League, or the fantasy players, of which I am one.

But what I'm talking about is real life. He may be a cartoon figure in some perspectives, but in reality he's just a dude, like you and me. Sanders and Robert Smith did the same thing. Tiki too if I remember correctly.

When did barry and rs retire?

• Thumb Down 2

6 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

So if darnold retired tomorrow its ok?

This is an ethical conversation based in common sense. Yes your word and timing matters, otherwise nothing counts for anything....

Keep digging

If Darnold retired tomorrow he'd be retiring as a 2nd year player with no current injuries who practiced the entire preseason and played in every preseason game and walked away healthy. 

This is a poor comparison as it doesnt hold the same level of context. Proof? 

If Darnold retired tomorrow he'd be missing 4 years worth of injury-riddled seasons such as Luck. Crap, Darnold hasnt even been in the league for 4 years to even have 4 injury-riddled years. 

This isnt an ethical conversation just because you keep trying to make it one by using the word ethical. 

Andrew Luck in injured and his body is beat up. Sam Darnold is a healthy 22 year old. 

Does your word and timing matter? Absolutely. But he's not going back on his word in an attempt to simply renege on his contract without due cause. This is a quote from Luck: “For the last four years or, I’ve been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab. Injury, pain, rehab. And it’s been unceasing, unrelenting — both in-season and offseason. And I felt stuck in it, and the only way I see out is to no longer play football."

And with your current confirmation of past incompetence by the Colts organization, who knows if the Colts doctors over the years were also acting incompetently when it came to Luck's health over the past 4 years in order to suit him up and get him back on the field. Isnt that why Trent Williams wants out of Washington right now? Here's a quote from his situation: "A couple months ago, news broke that Williams had a benign tumor or growth removed from his head. Not a lot has been reported about exactly what happened, but Williams is apparently not satisfied that he got adequate medical care from the team. Williams has also had knee, thumb, and rib injuries"

And Williams has made it crystal clear that there is no way he's playing for the Redskins because of this. Yet you probably blame him for wanting a trade in August when the Redskins are in no position to replace him...right?

You should stop with these "keep digging" last liners for example. You havent figured out how to make a proper comparison to make a point, you're failing at making a retirement due to the inability to properly recover an "ethical" conversation, but I will give you props for not using all caps. 

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If Darnold retired tomorrow he'd be retiring as a 2nd year player with no current injuries who practiced the entire preseason and played in every preseason game and walked away healthy. 

This is a poor comparison as it doesnt hold the same level of context. Proof? 

If Darnold retired tomorrow he'd be missing 4 years worth of injury-riddled seasons such as Luck. Crap, Darnold hasnt even been in the league for 4 years to even have 4 injury-riddled years. 

This isnt an ethical conversation just because you keep trying to make it one by using the word ethical. 

Andrew Luck in injured and his body is beat up. Sam Darnold is a healthy 22 year old. 

Does your word and timing matter? Absolutely. But he's not going back on his word in an attempt to simply renege on his contract without due cause. This is a quote from Luck: “For the last four years or, I’ve been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab. Injury, pain, rehab. And it’s been unceasing, unrelenting — both in-season and offseason. And I felt stuck in it, and the only way I see out is to no longer play football."

And with your current confirmation of past incompetence by the Colts organization, who knows if the Colts doctors over the years were also acting incompetently when it came to Luck's health over the past 4 years in order to suit him up and get him back on the field. Isnt that why Trent Williams wants out of Washington right now? Here's a quote from his situation: "A couple months ago, news broke that Williams had a benign tumor or growth removed from his head. Not a lot has been reported about exactly what happened, but Williams is apparently not satisfied that he got adequate medical care from the team. Williams has also had knee, thumb, and rib injuries"

And Williams has made it crystal clear that there is no way he's playing for the Redskins because of this. Yet you probably blame him for wanting a trade in August when the Redskins are in no position to replace him...right?

You should stop with these "keep digging" last liners for example. You havent figured out how to make a proper comparison to make a point, you're failing at making a retirement due to the inability to properly recover an "ethical" conversation, but I will give you props for not using all caps. 

Show me the ir talk and diminished play and that its feb.

Otherwise its exactly like darnold retiring. 

The colts med staff- fully expect him ready for week 1.

This is not about an injury. Stop the fake news narrative. Luck was tired of the grind. Every football player is rehabbing dealing with these issues. 

If you can show me how luck retired because of injury with proof then ill call it retirement.

He was mentally tired from the brutal nature of the sport. Period. He said so himself. And if you want to get real its because hes from a privileged background and NOT a "dog eat dog" world for him. Luck has never struggled for sh*t ...let alone have to find a quick hustle to make rent or deal with the underworld. I think that environment shaped him like it would all of us and his true colors came out.

Its pretty obvious what shouldve been done here.

1 retire in feb/ march

2 play the year out because of the issue of timing and future planning then retire( after march and the draft its too late) THIS IS EVERYONES MAIN ISSUE

3 play the year out and take a few months to make a decision

4 go on pup or ir if its truly a injury

There is no ethical yes ethical scenario of walking off the job.

Obviously you can

Dont ask me to call it right or not call it what it is. Quitting. Hes a quitter and his legacy will suffer greatly because of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1

Your mention too of " who knows if tge colts med team was incompetent" is an argument pulled out your ass.

Who knows can be said for anything. 

We have no facts on the trent wiiliams issue. If trent feels the redskins wronged him then obviously its a different story. Nobody deserves abuse, lies, deceit. Kawhi leonard applies here and he was correct. duh....

Learn to make coherent logical succint points or you will continually keep digging

• Thumb Down 4

23 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

This is not about an injury. Stop the fake news narrative. Luck was tired of the grind. Every football player is rehabbing dealing with these issues. 

If you can show me how luck retired because of injury with proof then ill call it retirement.

He was mentally tired from the brutal nature of the sport. Period. He said so himself. And if you want to get real its because hes from a privileged background and NOT a "dog eat dog" world for him. Luck has never struggled for sh*t ...let alone have to find a quick hustle to make rent or deal with the underworld. I think that environment shaped him like it would all of us and his true colors came out.

1 retire in feb/ march

2 play the year out because of the issue of timing and future planning then retire( after march and the draft its too late) THIS IS EVERYONES MAIN ISSUE

Obviously you can

Dont ask me to call it right or not call it what it is. Quitting. Hes a quitter and his legacy will suffer greatly because of this.

14 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

if you really want me to rub it in its why i think allen will be better than darnold. 

Allen loves football

Darnold enjoys it....

Mic drop

10 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Your mention too of " who knows if tge colts med team was incompetent" is an argument pulled out your ass.

Who knows can be said for anything. 

We have no facts on the trent wiiliams issue. If trent feels the redskins wronged him then obviously its a different story. Nobody deserves abuse, lies, deceit. Kawhi leonard applies here and he was correct. duh....

Learn to make coherent logical succint points or you will continually keep digging

Now it's to the point where you're not even coherent. 

3 different quotes, numerous misspellings, going from ALL CAPS to now not even being able to properly capitalize names, misunderstanding contextual comparisons, etc. 

I'll dismiss myself from this conversation since you've reduced yourself to upvoting your own quotes for a sense of crowd support. lol. 

Andrew Luck retired and the Colts incompetency is the reason for his short lived career. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Now it's to the point where you're not even coherent. 

3 different quotes, numerous misspellings, going from ALL CAPS to now not even being able to properly capitalize names, misunderstanding contextual comparisons, etc. 

I'll dismiss myself from this conversation since you've reduced yourself to upvoting your own quotes for a sense of crowd support. lol. 

Andrew Luck retired and the Colts incompetency is the reason for his short lived career. 

Did you notice how u didn't address one single pt. But i did for you.

Bye now

• Thumb Down 3

40 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

1 retire in feb/ march

Obviously you can

Your posts are f*cking horrible to read.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

He retired, he can do that wherever the f*ck he wanted to & decided Saturday was the day to do it.

Why do any of you people care when he did it? There's only 2 people a man with 97 million dollars in the bank answers to, his wife & himself. 

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Did you notice how u didn't address one single pt. But i did for you.

Bye now

I did...prior. But I stopped once realizing that you take nothing into consideration outside of your impulse emotion about a retirement harming the Colts organization. Even if it's been addressed numerous times about the nature of the decision behind the retirement. 

To continue to address you with points is like talking to a wall. 

At some point it becomes my fault for continuing. 

You can have the last word

Peace. 

Just now, Jetster said:

He retired, he can do that wherever the f*ck he wanted to & decided Saturday was the day to do it.

Why do any of you people care when he did it? There's only 2 people a man with 97 million dollars in the back answers to, his wife & himself. 

because its sports.... Its a hobby and entertainment 

Lol wtf

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Im will

Youre the clown plagiarizing

Welp, I guess you're resorting to name calling because I properly pointed out who you were in the gif you decided to post. 

I guess that gif wasnt as clever as you thought it was. 

If you ever wanted to know how it would look if I decided to stand in front of you...it would look a little something like this. 

200.gif&key=bae9d1c1574e875cffa34e4e2904

?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

if you really want me to rub it in its why i think allen will be better than darnold. 

Allen loves football

Darnold enjoys it....

Mic drop

Fwiw, I think they're both going to be good QBs.  I think the Bills and Jets are on a very similar path right now.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Who cares if u walk off the roof job at noon

Who cares bro

It would suck if a roofer walked out in the middle of a job but you could always hire another roofer to finish the work.  The point you're making would work much better with an air traffic controller.  Obviously they shouldn't quit in the middle of a shift because it would put passengers' lives on the line. 

Andrew Luck retiring from football is a completely different situation though.  Who is hurt by this?  Yes, there will be fans who are disappointed.  And, yes, there will be STH's who spent good money on the team, mainly because of Luck (e.g. "you need a FQB to win a SB").  Again, however, Colts' ownership can offer a refund to any STH's who want one.  That's on Colts' management to do though.  It's not Andrew Luck's responsibility.  

• Upvote 1