Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

Just now, 14 in Green said:

I don't know about that. I think I did some outstanding work here... 

Doesn't matter how much gauze, medical knowledge, and good intentions you have, a man splattered by a train will still be splattered by a train.

But your efforts are noted.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

What do you think this is, the street? Luck broke his word? NFL teams dont go on words, they sign contracts. Is there anything in his contract that stated that he couldnt retire? 

All this "now" and "try again" and "all caps"...is cute. However, you're not proving anything or even providing a valid point. The only thing you're doing is showing how you feel about Luck's decision to retire, that's about it. 

Teams sign contracts, and based on the fact that he retired, it's clear that no where in his contract did he violate that contract by retiring. 

I've tried again, and im yet again successful by showing that this is just your emotional opinion on the topic. Nothing factual. 

So if darnold retired tomorrow its ok?

This is an ethical conversation based in common sense. Yes your word and timing matters, otherwise nothing counts for anything....

Keep digging

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok, that's it for me. You're on a deserted island of your own choosing. 

Arguing with everyone, calling them imbeciles, stupid, and whatever else pops into your pea brain. You keep trying to make a point not one other person agrees with. Your main line of defense is arguing in caps, LOL.

I guess I got off easy only being called "Spacoli", but I have a simple rule. Once a person I'm discussing a subject with resorts to name calling, I know he's not worth the effort, and there's no need to continue.

Keep screaming at clouds, my man. It seems like you enjoy it.

I addressed every point. U then said i responded with all caps.

I told u hes not retiring from injury- fact

I told u the issue of proper timing- fact

I told u luck said " joy" and " being mentally worn out" were his main reasons for quitting.- fact

I told u the difference between quitting and retirement- fact

I told you the reasons why luck qutting is not the same as teams cutting players to contracts agreed to in the cba- fact

I then gave numerous examples of why its wrong compared to walking off a roof job for example or breaking your word as key principles in life unless youre either a sociopath or plain old dirt bag

None of this u addressed. U simply kept bringing up why he quit which is not something i have issue with

Thts called a strawman

Go bills btw

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Good. Now go tell ballard /reich, the season ticket holders, ebron, and other teammates to collectively f off. Because thats what luck did by being this childish about timing here...

Again this isnt McDonald's

Its the equivalent of going on a crab boat in alaska and then quitting once youre out to sea. Actially luck is worse. Hes not risking his life like those fisherman

He looks like an out of touch millennial who is a privileged douche bag

Feel bad for colts fans

What's with the "this isn't McDonald's" thing? Did they fire you from your Assistant Managers spot?

He decided to stop playing Football. He didn't burn his draft card or desert his unit during Combat. And your Crab boat arguement is just....stupid.

Relax. This is a stupid hill to decide to die on. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

When did jim brown retire?

During filming of The Dirty Dozen, great movie!

Who GIVES A ****! Are you Lucks agent, butthurt that the goose decided to stop laying golden eggs? You're reaction and ridiculous arguements here are just.....weird. Go to a Colts board and cry about it. I'm GLAD he quit, one less good QB in the AFC.

SMH. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Cut me some slack..  I thought it was a deft reply considering what he left me to work with.

Pac, we drag you because we love you and count on you to fire back with both barrels in a way that’s both exceptionally clever and heinously exasperating. You will get no slack because the bar for disgust is so high.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

The preppy guy in the bar thought Will Hunting was an idiot until he got a verbal thrashing followed up by an offer to settle things outside.

Sound familiar?

And you fancy yourself Will Hunting in this little fantasy?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What's with the "this isn't McDonald's" thing? Did they fire you from your Assistant Managers spot?

He decided to stop playing Football. He didn't burn his draft card or desert his unit during Combat. And your Crab boat arguement is just....stupid.

Relax. This is a stupid hill to decide to die on. 

We get it. You dont take seriously common obligations in life. 

It can be as simple as a roof job or more serious like combat.

He quit

End of story

Stop acting like luck is some saint. Its pathetic 

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

During filming of The Dirty Dozen, great movie!

Who GIVES A ****! Are you Lucks agent, butthurt that the goose decided to stop laying golden eggs? You're reaction and ridiculous arguements here are just.....weird. Go to a Colts board and cry about it. I'm GLAD he quit, one less good QB in the AFC.

SMH. 

Nothing here u said again is relevant.

Its a conversation about business ethics basically. If you dont care then leave

Its a sports mb

13 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Wouldn’t be surprised he comes back in 2020. I was also surprised how well he played last year with all the speculation behind his shoulder surgery and the Colts trading the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I doubt it. Seems he's done with football for good. 

I will say re: Luck that his growing up wealthy was a factor in his decision to quit when he did. I don’t think people who were exposed to poverty at any prolonged point in their life would view simply walking away from significant money as an option available to them. As far as the ethics of it, it sucks for his teammates and he should have probably tried to tough it out for the next four months, but he owes the NFL itself absolutely nothing from an ethical standpoint. 

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pac, we drag you because we love you and count on you to fire back with both barrels in a way that’s both exceptionally clever and heinously exasperating. You will get no slack because the bar for disgust is so high.

gfy

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will say re: Luck that his growing up wealthy was a factor in his decision to quit when he did. I don’t think people who were exposed to poverty at any prolonged point in their life would view simply walking away from significant money as an option available to them. As far as the ethics of it, it sucks for his teammates and he should have probably tried to tough it out for the next four months, but he owes the NFL itself absolutely nothing from an ethical standpoint. 

I'd agree with you if he was playing this summer, or if he thought he'd be able to return soon. It didn't appear that was the case though from what I've read. With the way this was playing out this offseason, I don't think the Colts team or FO was expecting too much, if anything out of him this year. I don't think they were as shocked by this as we were last night.

One more thing, I saw a clip tonight from his PC today, and he said he'd been playing inconstant pain for four years, and didn't want to do it any longer. 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol Where o where  did I say everyone  is stupid? No where. I simply know something  you don't  know, yet,about entertainment  sports  ....what does 'espn' mean again?  Entertainment sports network.. the word competition is no where to be found.

It's' the same as you hearing about a new computer function but need help to learn it. You are a reluctant  student.

No, your inability  to prove something  does not mean I have any psychosis. It just means you can't' prove it happened. 

This place gets weirder by the day. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol Where o where  did I say everyone  is stupid? No where. I simply know something  you don't  know, yet,about entertainment  sports  ....what does 'espn' mean again?  Entertainment sports network.. the word competition is no where to be found.

It's' the same as you hearing about a new computer function but need help to learn it. You are a reluctant  student.

No, your inability  to prove something  does not mean I have any psychosis. It just means you can't' prove it happened. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

We get it. You dont take seriously common obligations in life. 

It can be as simple as a roof job or more serious like combat.

He quit

End of story

Stop acting like luck is some saint. Its pathetic 

You sound like a child trying to sound like an adult. Its actually kind of funny.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sure... with HIM you show patience.

With ME you go ballistic. ?

You're way, way smarter than this crazy guy. LOL. Plus, in real life I'd drink beers with you and we'd still break each others balls and laugh our asses off. This kook would spend all night telling me how the Moon Landing was a hoax or some other crazy sh*t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

As opposed  to being an entire industry /following /forum/culture,  founded on supporting a team that  never fails at ..failing.  

At least there's activity here. As opposed  to a Dolphins  site. And a tad more creative than a Patriots site.

They're like a really shallow attractive  girl, who doesn't like when people  are mean , eeewwwww.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What was it like in those circles? Did you guys belong to the same yacht club?

• Upvote 1