Mobile ticketing & the game day experience

Dcat

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

the line at the main gate from 12:15 took over 45 minutes. It was unbelievable.  Not sure where everyone else entered, but it was a nightmare. And all the Jets/NFL fault.

Not only the mobile ticketing sucks, but for some reason the scanning inside the stadium isn't picking up the cash on my season ticket account. Disgraceful!!

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

There will be a learning curve here, both with the MetLife employees and with fans.  I think it will get better but there was always going to be a challenge the first time doing this with high volume for a regular season game. 

SAR mentioned the app update.  There are also some people who just aren't as adept at quickly and accurately displaying an electronic ticket on a smartphone, be it older fans, tech averse folks or whatever.  And then you have some undertrained and probably new employees.  Hiccups.

I think it will get better.

that is not what fans signed up for-as a psl owner I am a paying customer that expects a proper level of service-in the business world customer is king and  you treat them like gold-jets treat their fans like they are  an annuity stream with the money flowing in-they dont care about the level of service because they already have your money

once I heard printed was an option I made sure I got them and demanded them as well-I am not doing them a favor by going to the games-I am a paying fan that bought psl ownership rights.

It is bad enough as a fan that I have to "think it will get better) as it relates  to the team on the field .  I dont want  to be hoping things go well checking in

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not a popular view, I know, but those of us who eschew tailgating and instead let the stadium cook the food glide through the gates and security at 11:30 with no lines whatsoever.

Our routine is to arrive at Lot E at 11:15, walk through the Verizon gates by 11:30, get the good food from the good food area in the plaza, then walk up the steps around Section 135 and watch warmups from the front row.  Kids can eat while sitting, they are a few feet from their heroes, it's all good.  Finish our meal, take some closeup photos of the players, and we're in our seats in the Mezz by 12:30, get the kids to the restrooms by 12:45, and we're ready for kickoff.

I know most of you love your tailgating, but you may want to try it this way every once in awhile as it has its perks.  I'm surprised by how many don't realize that no matter what seats you're sitting in the stadium team will let you go as low to the field as you like until 12:30.

SAR I

That is all well and good. I tailgate every week and get in early. This week we were delayed a bit because we did the JN Tailgate so it took a litlle while to clean up but I was in my seats by kickoff.

Still doesn't change the fact that the NFL and the Jets in this case are forcing people to install an app so they can collect data about you, including your location. If that doesn't concern you, it should.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

No excuses for their defective scanners at the main gate.  No excuses for having only one person scanning for each metal detector entry.  Need at least three per metal scanner to help with issues.  Jets promised they would provide ample staffing.  They didn't  It was as plain as day at the front gate.

Everyone was ready with their mobile tickets twinkling away.  The problem was on the other side.  ENTIRELY.  It was not the fans' fault.  MetLife/NFL/Jets blew it big time and the whole system sucks.  Can't wait till it's raining and everyone has to deal with wet phones.  

It's f-ing stupid and everyone knows it.

4 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Add the mobile ticketing to the list of things the Jets screw up for the overall game experience.  

4 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

The mobile ticketing sh*t is a nightmare, agreed.  It almost feels like they're TRYING to make the gameday experience suck more.

2 hours ago, courtnj18 said:

The lines were terrible. I understand they are long if you wait until the last minute, but at least they move. This year, they didn't move very fast at all. 

I am connected on Linkedin with someone from corporate at Verizon. He had a post with a video about how good the 5G was and 13 NFL stadiums are now on it.

I commented on the post and asked where Metlife was on the list because the experience was terrible yesterday. I tried using both wifi and 4G to go into WordPress and hit approve on the inactive player post that our writer Dylan posted. Couldn't connect. I tried getting on TicketMaster because we needed one more ticket at the last minute, couldn't connect.

The guy deleted my question and sent me a private message. He was nice and said he would let the tech department know about my concerns and get back to me with an update. He did say that Metlife is slated for a 5G upgrade early in the season. Hopefully that happens soon because the connection yesterday was terrible.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am connected on Linkedin with someone from corporate at Verizon. He had a post with a video about how good the 5G was and 13 NFL stadiums are now on it.

I commented on the post and asked where Metlife was on the list because the experience was terrible yesterday. I tried using both wifi and 4G to go into WordPress and hit approve on the inactive player post that our writer Dylan posted. Couldn't connect. I tried getting on TicketMaster because we needed one more ticket at the last minute, couldn't connect.

The guy deleted my question and sent me a private message. He was nice and said he would let the tech department know about my concerns and get back to me with an update. He did say that Metlife is slated for a 5G upgrade early in the season. Hopefully that happens soon because the connection yesterday was terrible.

LOL that is unbelievable.  Earlier today my brother responded to a MetLife Stadium tweet that touted their 5k, noting that the internet / LTE connections at the stadium yesterday were horrendous.  They were!  They really are screwing so many things up.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

That's a great idea.  Hey Jets!  How are you doing?  Here is a consolidated list of my gripes with the Gameday Experience.  I will update this if I can think of any more.

1. Getting in and out of the stadium is a complete mess.  Even before the mobile ticketing disaster noted above, the ingress / egress to the actual MetLife Stadium building remains a downright liability.  The escalator situation --- having to use multiple escalators to get to each level of the stadium and, the bottle necks that are created --- is a health and disaster hazard, not to mention a real inconvenience.

2. The "gameday presentation" (what goes on over the loudspeaker and jumbotron during the game) has become obnoxious overkill, and it is burning out the fans.  If you want fans to have enough juice in the 4th quarter to stand up and get loud for a huge defensive series, stop exhausting us throughout the course of the game with endless nonsense promotions, too-loud and terrible song mash-ups, giving away bags of potato chips, shooting crap into the stands, etc. etc.  I promise you, and I have videos to prove it, the fans are not reacting like you think they are.  This is sensory overload, and it's wearing everyone out.  And can you please stop with Joe Nolan  on third down?  No more!

3. Hasn't MetLife Stadium been bragging about a 5K internet experience, or whatever?  The internet yesterday was worse than it was last year.
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am going to pin the thread because the Jets are in the forums every day. I want them to see the feedback and what fans are going through.

One of the guys I took, spent 1/2 hr (11-11:30) trying to get the app to load.  Total joke and yet another thing they cant get right.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

One of the guys I took, spent 1/2 hr (11-11:30) trying to get the app to load.  Total joke and yet another thing they cant get right.  

I opened my app when i was about 10 people away from being at the front of the security line, and there were some tense moments where I didn't think the app was going to load in time.  It took a full 3 or 4 minutes.  Total joke, indeed.

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:
  1. Hasn't MetLife Stadium been bragging about a 5K internet experience, or whatever?  The internet yesterday was worse than it was last year.

I would guess that the total bandwidth available was the same last year. But they forced everyone on the mobile app so it crawled at noon when people needed to get in the stadium. Especially those that needed to download the newest version of the Jets app. I hope something really important was in that update because whoever thought about pushing out an update right before the opener, oh my. Anyone ever here of code freezes before a go-live?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

I opened my app when i was about 10 people away from being at the front of the security line, and there were some tense moments where I didn't think the app was going to load in time.  It took a full 3 or 4 minutes.  Total joke, indeed.

I waited 7 minutes for mine to load, my son was waiting a few for his. He started before me when we were in line and he said loads your just in case. After about 7 minutes his loaded so I closed mine eventually but it never loaded. 

I have had tickets for 31 years, started going when I was 19. I have NEVER missed a kickoff. That almost happened yesterday.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I waited 7 minutes for mine to load, my son was waiting a few for his. He started before me when we were in line and he said loads your just in case. After about 7 minutes his loaded so I closed mine eventually but it never loaded. 

I have had tickets for 31 years, started going when I was 19. I have NEVER missed a kickoff. That almost happened yesterday.

I started going before I could walk in the early 70s at shea-jets never get customer service right-they send out those long surveys and I dont think they even read them-they love psl owners like me-you are locked in and since they have no value they know most will be paying customers forever so they try to be cheap with crap like the ap and then have provide an inadequate staff to deal with the "new" methodolgy

• Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is all well and good. I tailgate every week and get in early. This week we were delayed a bit because we did the JN Tailgate so it took a litlle while to clean up but I was in my seats by kickoff.

Still doesn't change the fact that the NFL and the Jets in this case are forcing people to install an app so they can collect data about you, including your location. If that doesn't concern you, it should.

If you have an iPhone just go into Settings > Location Privacy and turn the Jets app to "Never".  Then the Jets won't know your location.

As far as collecting data, all they are going to see is how you checked out their rewards program and didn't choose a bobblehead.

I believe that the real reason the NFL did this is twofold:  First, they can control the third party ticket sites and ensure a fair revenue split and second, they can eliminate scalping and the fake ticket issue, two areas that cost the league money.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Not sure if it's applicable, but make sure you turn wi-fi to "off" while in MetLife Stadium.  If your phone is trying to connect to a wi-fi network it can confuse the antenna priorities and have you connect to a dead wi-fi signal instead of ignoring wi-fi completely and just locking in on your cellular signal. 

I'm with AT&T so I can't comment on Verizon connectivity, but my AT&T cellular connection has been rock-solid at MetLife for the last 3 years, not a single dropped call, not a single slowdown on web browsing.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If you have an iPhone, the Wallet app really is a lifesaver here, you don't need to launch or use the Jets app at all.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Not sure if it's applicable, but make sure you turn wi-fi to "off" while in MetLife Stadium.  If your phone is trying to connect to a wi-fi network it can confuse the antenna priorities and have you connect to a dead wi-fi signal instead of ignoring wi-fi completely and just locking in on your cellular signal. 

I'm with AT&T so I can't comment on Verizon connectivity, but my AT&T cellular connection has been rock-solid at MetLife for the last 3 years, not a single dropped call, not a single slowdown on web browsing.

SAR I

I toggled this on and off, and both sucked terribly.

3 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Also don’t forget if you have an android you have to pull your seats up on the Jets app.  All those people using their phones at once makes it a challenge.  

I have an Android and transferred my tickets to my son who has an Apple.  He transferred them to his Apple Wallet and we had no problem.  I did not want to risk using the Jets app at the gate since with the 2 PS games I was at the gate with my barcodes from the Jets app and yet the attendant couldn't scan them with her scanner.  On the Jets FAQ on Mobile Ticketing it said they are working on the Android Wallet option for Android users.  Once that takes effect I think we will all be good to go.

BTW, another thing... I have Verizon as my provider on my phone.  Verizon is a major sponsor of MetLife Stadium.  How is it that the signal is atrocious there?  That really astonishes me.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you have an iPhone just go into Settings > Location Privacy and turn the Jets app to "Never".  Then the Jets won't know your location.

As far as collecting data, all they are going to see is how you checked out their rewards program and didn't choose a bobblehead.

I believe that the real reason the NFL did this is twofold:  First, they can control the third party ticket sites and ensure a fair revenue split and second, they can eliminate scalping and the fake ticket issue, two areas that cost the league money.

SAR I

I don't have an iPhone. 99% of the people don't turn location off, so they will get that data.

2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

I have an Android and transferred my tickets to my son who has an Apple.  He transferred them to his Apple Wallet and we had no problem.  I did not want to risk using the Jets app at the gate since with the 2 PS games I was at the gate with my barcodes from the Jets app and yet the attendant couldn't scan them with her scanner.  On the Jets FAQ on Mobile Ticketing it said they are working on the Android Wallet option for Android users.  Once that takes effect I think we will all be good to go.

BTW, another thing... I have Verizon as my provider on my phone.  Verizon is a major sponsor of MetLife Stadium.  How is it that the signal is atrocious there?  That really astonishes me.

Was thinking the same thing. Yet Sar was fine on AT&T. Might be time for a new sponsor lol.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am going to pin the thread because the Jets are in the forums every day. I want them to see the feedback and what fans are going through.

Well that's good that you did and I hope they read this.  I called the Jets yesterday and told them the same things that SAR and I had posted about stadium entry.  So to repeat... Listen up NY Jets, you idiots:  

1. Not enough people doing the scanning and handling the lines.  Period.  End of story.  The Jets can't even try to defend this colossal blunder.  80,000 people trying to get in and you can't pay 100+ more workers minimum wage to get the crowd in?  Bullsheet!  This was inexcusable.  To have only one person scanning for each metal detector entry is flat out CHEAP and WRONG to do the fans.  They need a minimum of 3-4 people with scanners for every metal detector.  Two to scan and one to handle the problems.  Jets royally screwed over their fans Sunday by being super cheap and not having enough people to handle the load.  I expect to see at least double or triple the number of staff at the entry points on Monday or they get a call again, this time a loud and not so polite call.

2. Defective scanners!  They are using cheap, crappy scanners.  They are unreliable.  They need more and better scanners.  I watched as nearly every phone held up had to be scanned multiple times.  Two of my three tickets scanned and one didn't and I had to call the Jets yesterday to give my account full credit for having attended.

3. Untrained people doing the scanning.  Another colossal fail by the Jets as too many of the people scanning had no idea what they were doing.  They didn't know the difference between bar code and NCF, didn't know not to touch people's phone screens with their crappy scanning devices.  They didn't know how to handle failed scans.  It was a train wreck and it was embarrassingly clear that the Jets failed to train these people properly.

And NONE of this was the fans' fault.  The vast majority, close to everyone around me on the 45 minute line at the main gate, was ready with their mobile ticket on display.  All the problems were caused by incompetence from the Jets and MetLife and the NFL.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

We missed kickoff and we were on line at 12:35.  I was furious.  I asked the Jets how they can compensate me for their mistakes and making me miss the first 8 minutes of the game.  Still waiting for a response.  LOL.  

• Post of the Week 1

I know we don't like this answer but the jets simply do not care. My issues started with the eagles game and I have had 4 conversations with them since. Thankfully I insisted on hard tickets as a backup and that saved me on sunday. Actually had a rep tell me yesterday to go buy an iPhone to solve the issue.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

You know what else is BS?  How you can't screen shot the barcode of the tickets ahead of time anymore.  Used to do that and text them to my dad and brothers and it made things a lot more efficient.

That's a big ticket scalping problem, one bad guy's screenshot can be sold to 50 fans and 49 of them will be a customer service and police nightmare at the gate.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, kmnj said:

that is not what fans signed up for-as a psl owner I am a paying customer that expects a proper level of service-in the business world customer is king and  you treat them like gold-jets treat their fans like they are  an annuity stream with the money flowing in-they dont care about the level of service because they already have your money

once I heard printed was an option I made sure I got them and demanded them as well-I am not doing them a favor by going to the games-I am a paying fan that bought psl ownership rights.

It is bad enough as a fan that I have to "think it will get better) as it relates  to the team on the field .  I dont want  to be hoping things go well checking in

The fans are being "given the business" by the Jets .