Tiki says Darnold is "anti-Baker"

It's frustrating for me that we cant just have one thread to share our Bakery Mayfield hate.  Like **** that guy.  He doesnt deserve this attention.  He's an ugly dbag who sucks at Football.  Can we keep the hate centralized?  I feel like it's stronger that way too.  Really push karma in our favor if we all hold hands in one thread as we hate on Bakery.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's frustrating for me that we cant just have one thread to share our Bakery Mayfield hate.  Like **** that guy.  He doesnt deserve this attention.  He's an ugly dbag who sucks at Football.  Can we keep the hate centralized?  I feel like it's stronger that way too.  Really push karma in our favor if we all hold hands in one thread as we hate on Bakery.

I like it this way. Makes it harder for the fanboys to avoid it - just like they made it impossible for us to avoid their BS for so long.

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I was referring  to football IQ. You don't  question a QB with as many rings as TB has was not football smart, do you?

Well he was not book smart. He could barely get the offensive terminology down hence the need for a wristband with the terminology on it. Take it any way you want bro I don't really care.

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I like it this way. Makes it harder for the fanboys to avoid it - just like they made it impossible for us to avoid their BS for so long.

I get it, I guess but I'm more about that **** Bakery Mayfield life than I am stick it to his fanboys life.  I want the full crash and burn.  I want Ryan Leaf.  I want Johnny Manziel.  I want worse, actually.  And a more centralized focus of energy, I believe, will help us get him there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I get it, I guess but I'm more about that **** Bakery Mayfield life than I am stick it to his fanboys life.  I want the full crash and burn.  I want Ryan Leaf.  I want Johnny Manziel.  I want worse, actually.  And a more centralized focus of energy, I believe, will help us get him there. 

Lol. The good thing is that the 'stick it to his fanboys' lyfe is a derivative which inherently relies on Baker crashing and burning, thereby making it also about that '**** Baker' lyfe

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well he was not book smart. He could barely get the offensive terminology down hence the need for a wristband with the terminology on it. Take it any way you want bro I don't really care.

I was explaining to you what I was talking about. You take it any way also which apparently  isn't  very well.

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I was explaining to you what I was talking about. You take it any way also which apparently  isn't  very well.

You said "You're not really questioning TB's football IQ with all those rings are you"? Came off as condescending. I repeated what I wrote. You don't like it too bad.

I agree with the take. 

It's interesting that they'll forever be compared because of the draft, making them forced rivals. Another interesting thing is the fact that they're totally opposite QB's both on and off the field. 

One thing many (including myself) gave Baker over Darnold was moxie. Baker seemed like a loud passionate leader of men, but Darnold was more reserved and mature in his demeanor. The thing that always concerned me was if that energy would work if the Browns ever encountered a streak of struggle like this one. Especially if (like many say) Baker's top trait is his fiery persona.

I guess that the mature and somewhat quiet demeanor of Darnold works better in this league. Most amazing QB's over time carry themselves like Darnold, and in a market like NY; he's got the best mind for the job. 

Very true. Kirwan ranked Darnold like 4th because he thought he would always fumble and throw interceptions but Sam adapts so fast he may be among the most secure QBs in the NFL with the ball in the pocket.

Granted it’s a guessing game but I don’t listen to Kirwan on anything. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, JiF said:

WTF?!?!?!?!  Randy Moss was a HOF'er way before he got to New England.   

Jesus man.  How do you keep finding ways to totally insult the GOATS/my favorite people of all time with all these misinformed takes while complimenting my least favorite people in the history of the world who happen to be absolute ******* frauds? 

p.s.

Sam Darnold is 100x more physically gifted than Tom Brady.  And if Sammy boys gets on the avohghcado ice cream regiment like Tom, he'll get bigger, faster, stronger and play till he's 45 too.

p.s.s.

i love you

no mono

i love you GIF

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Im hoping to compare him to Brees, Brady and co. The kid has talent BUT as you stated, way too early.

Oh sure. That would just be fantastic to legitimately be able to compare a long term Qb for the Jets to the greats of the position.  Even with that said, I will always compare Sam to his draft class. It's just a thing to do. Were the Brownies right or wrong to take baker over Sam? Were the Giants smart in taking Barkly and Jones a year later over Sam at #2?  Should we have taken Allen? Jackson? Rosen? Rudolph?   It's the 83 draft class all over for us. 

If Sam is being compared to Brees and Brady in 10 years I'll know all I need to about him and his class, but we might have Jackson, Baker or Allen in that convo too for all we know. When it boils down I would just finally like to be able to have our legit top tier QB wearing the Green and White...and Black for a decade or more. If he's still here when I'm in my late 50's and 60's that will be just fine. :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Granted it’s a guessing game but I don’t listen to Kirwan on anything. JMO

Kirwan is the best! I'd rather listen to him over any of the other media guys.  He's not always right but he actually knows his stuff.  Unlike Cowher even with his Darnold fetish. :o 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I’d be happy with the Browning Nagle effect.....

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2019 at 5:37 AM, Jet Nut said:

If you actually watch him play that's not really the case.  Two of his three INTs were behind or clunked to his WRs.  He leads the NFL in INTs this season.  He leads the NFL in INTs since he was named starter.  That's a little over a full season.  None of this says accurate.  This isn't college in a high powered offense vs weak college defenses, it's the NFL

Maybe he should stop making every commercial he can.  Makes it look like he's not working on being a football player, even if not the case.

Baker's incredibly accurate when his feet are underneath him. The hits and pressure have spooked him and because of that he has developed bad habits. He is going to be a solid to very good NFL qb.

I have been a USC Trojans fan for over 50 years. I believed that the Browns made a mistake not drafting Sam first in the draft. Sam has as much athletic ability and guts as any qb I have ever seen! Not talking straight line speed, but rather incredible feet in combination with crazy special body control!

You could  easily make a case for Sam having had the worst coaching by far of any of the qb's drafted last year. He faced alot of adversity at USC and never once quit or blamed teammates or refs. You could tell though that he was frustrated by the incredibly simple easy to scheme against offense that Clay Helton designed. I believe that's what made it an easy decision to leave early for the league.

I'm not sure although I could be wrong that any of you truly understands how special Sam can become. His pocket awareness is only going to get better. His chemistry with his receivers is only going to get better. 

Sam fumbled 14 times at USC. In only one off-season of training, he seems to have completely erased that negative from his game.

Just watch and enjoy the ride Jet's fans!

On 10/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Hollywood Henderson:  “Bradshaw couldn’t spell cat if you spotted him the c and the a.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Kirwan is the best! I'd rather listen to him over any of the other media guys.  He's not always right but he actually knows his stuff.  Unlike Cowher even with his Darnold fetish.  

I’m just not a fan of his from his days with the Jets. He just seemed to be just another incompetent front office guy. Like you said Cowher is another rambling talking head I could care less about.