A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Dolphins receivers were exponentially better than our corners. Their OL was better than our DL, their DL was better than our OL, and Fitzpatrick was better than Darnold.

Their receivers are their one edge on their roster

No Minkah, no Tunsil, no Drake no dice

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Their receivers are their one edge on their roster

No Minkah, no Tunsil, no Drake no dice

If you guys think the Jets had a big edge in talent for that game, why aren’t you directing more of your anger at Gregg Williams, who let Ryan Fitzpatrick light up that very talented Jets defense? 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you guys think the Jets had a big edge in talent for that game, why aren’t you directing more of your anger at Gregg Williams, who let Ryan Fitzpatrick light up that very talented Jets defense? 

No one is saying the jets had a “big edge in talent” but they still should have won the game 

24 points is “lighting it up?”  Shouldn’t the guru of offense Adam Gase be able to score that same amount on a defense that has gotten blown out almost every game?

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No one is saying the jets had a “big edge in talent” but they still should have won the game 

24 points is “lighting it up?”  Shouldn’t the guru of offense Adam Gase be able to score that same amount on a defense that has gotten blown out almost every game?

Ryan Fitzpatrick could have played that game in a tuxedo and threw for ~300 yards and three of the easiest TDs you ever did see, so. 

26 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

You make too much sense. I’m amazed how some people here think they know exactly what went on behind the scenes with Adam Gase etc. They are a joke.

Gase should be given  a 2nd year  to prove himself. Hell Bill Belichick was about to get fired in NE in his 2nd year until the Jets and Tom Brady saved his ass

Belichick had a long history of success as a DC.  He also had the stamp of approval from one of the all time greatest HC's in NFL history in Parcells (though, in retrospect, who knows how much of that was Belichick). 

Belichick helped win 2 Superbowls as DC of the NYG.  What has Gase done in his career?  He was nothing special with the Dolphins and he's done nothing (at least so far) to earn a 2nd chance with the Jets. 

I'm fine giving him the rest of this season (since I don't see the benefit of replacing him right now) but he has A LOT to prove in these next 8 games.  Jacksonville and Miami were both winnable games and we lost both, fairly badly.  I was willing to excuse the losses with Darnold out but he's back now.  I realize he's likely still not healthy but a successful NFL coach has to be able to win (or at least compete!) despite injuries.

The time for excuses is up.  Gase needs to show something now.  Even SAR I said going into the Jacksonville game that "the season starts now".  Since we lost the next 2 games, SAR I now responds to everyone with "injuries".

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Dolphins are the worst team in the NFL and are trying to tank.  Yet we lost to them, almost by double digits.

The players aren't trying to tank.  The players play hard to put themselves on tape so that every GM in the league can see that they have value.  Their ownership may be trying to tank, but the players aren't.

And we didn't lose by double digits.  We lost by a single score and conversion.  If Jamal Adams makes a positive play instead of a bunch of negatives, we win that game. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

The players aren't trying to tank.  The players play hard to put themselves on tape so that every GM in the league can see that they have value.

And we didn't lose by double digits.  We lost by a single score and conversion.  If Jamal Adams makes a positive play instead of a bunch of negatives, we win that game. 

SAR I

We trailed by double digits late in the 4th quarter.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dude, is the Gase Hill really the hill you want to die on?

We are last in the league in all major offensive categories, that is Gases' baby.

We have a great back in Leveon Bell, Anderson and crowder though not world beaters can function.

Darnold looked like one of the better young QBs the last half of last year and now he looks awful.

Everything on offense has gone backwards three steps.  It is simply indefensible.  Other teams have had oline issues other teams have gone to their 2nd or 3rd string QBs.  Smart coaching and play calling and game planning can at least make you look functional.

The Jets offense is the worst it has looked in 15 years.  And Gase is up against offensive juggernauts like Shotty, Bates, morton, gailey.

• Upvote 1

Unlikely but point being they would have a losing record. And that’s comparing him to an experienced top flight coach. 2 games into his 2nd season in NE they were calling for BBs head. Great DC horrible head coach. Marvin Jones and Tom Brady changed it all and they had a good OL.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The players aren't trying to tank.  The players play hard to put themselves on tape so that every GM in the league can see that they have value.  Their ownership may be trying to tank, but the players aren't.

SAR I

We have scored 133 less points on offense this year after adding Bell, Osemele, Kalil, Crowder

And yet somehow this hot mess has nothing to do with Gase?

7 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Unlikely but point being they would have a losing record. And that’s comparing him to an experienced top flight coach. 2 games into his 2nd season in NE they were calling for BBs head. Great DC horrible head coach. Marvin Jones and Tom Brady changed it all and they had a good OL.

I dunno what you are but this is the same dumb argument the people who defended Bowles and Macagnan for 5 years said “oh it’s all really on Idzik and Rex”

Bill Parcells in 1997 inherited a roster that went 1-15 and he goes 9-7 the following year and his big addition was James freaking Farrior.

The friggin Colts, Broncos, Panthers, Steelers and jags are winning games with backup QBs some of which you never even heard of

Coaching matters, schemes matter, preparation matters

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cyberjet said:

Not the point. The Jets lack talent at their foundation - the OL. Bell is Hall of Fame talent who can’t get more than 5 yard beyond the LOS. Usually he is being hit behind the LOS. 

Oh wait so it’s the OL’s fault our kicker didn’t make even a XP in week 1?

Can you take these lame talking points and just start a thread about how Gase should win Coach if the Year?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Dude, is the Gase Hill really the hill you want to die on?

We are last in the league in all major offensive categories, that is Gases' baby.

We have a great back in Leveon Bell, Anderson and crowder though not world beaters can function.

Darnold looked like one of the better young QBs the last half of last year and now he looks awful.

Everything on offense has gone backwards three steps.  It is simply indefensible.  Other teams have had oline issues other teams have gone to their 2nd or 3rd string QBs.  Smart coaching and play calling and game planning can at least make you look functional.

The Jets offense is the worst it has looked in 15 years.  And Gase is up against offensive juggernauts like Shotty, Bates, morton, gailey.

The Jets offense sucks and has gone off the rails since Beachum went out and another horrific Maccagnan draft pick started playing OLT. The offense looked pretty decent against the Cowboys fifth ranked defense, as I remember it, when Darnold has time to function. LeVeon Bell averaged a whopping 4.0 ypc behind an offensive line that fielded three (3) Pro Bowlers for the 13-3 Pittsburgh Steelers the last time he opted to play football, and he took a year off after that. I’m not dying on the Gase Hill. He’s been bad and he needs to show a hell of a lot more fight down the stretch if he wants to keep his job. That said, this roster is a nightmare and everyone knew it coming in, yet everyone wants to blame Gase for every problem the Jets have had. You said it yourself earlier: fans are still mad about Rex and Idzik and Bowles, etc, and they’re directing all that angst toward a guy who just walked in the door.