A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I have been thinking about this a lot. There is something to it. I don't think you can correlate the two 100%. But there is something there, like these injuries are non stop. Non contact injuries in practice. Guys get twisted up and injuries happen. But Herndon running by himself and missing a few weeks? Mosley missing so many weeks for a groin injury? What is going on here?

I think the more successful coaches keep their players absolutely terrified of getting cut, and that factors into their willingness to stay in the lineup. I think one of Gase’s many problems is that he assumes players are going to be self-motivated professionals and it’s clearly having an adverse impact on his locker room. He should pull a Mangini and cut five players one week just to make a point about job security. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Strength and conditioning seems to be the issue but also player discipline comes into play. You are a professional athlete you get payed to play a game you need to stay in shape and train year round. Many blame the CBA and all its rules that have lessened the practices etc. 

I have always wondered what suspended players did to stay in shape, particularly if they were not allowed at the team facility.

I always assumed that suspended players went to IMG or some training facility in AZ and worked out hard and with a purpose.

My guess is that if you asked Herndon what he did while he was suspended, you would get a very disappointing answer.  

I am 55 and just ran 2 half marathons.  How does a sub-25 year old professional athlete strain his hamstring starting to jog?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

I have always wondered what suspended players did to stay in shape, particularly if they were not allowed at the team facility.

I always assumed that suspended players went to IMG or some training facility in AZ and worked out hard and with a purpose.

My guess is that if you asked Herndon what he did while he was suspended, you would get a very disappointing answer.  

I am 55 and just ran 2 half marathons.  How does a sub-25 year old professional athlete strain his hamstring starting to jog?

I don't think this is particularly fair.  There is a big difference between the explosion of football and running.  When you first start going hard all kinds of sh*t happens.  Especially if you have been hitting the weights hard.  i used to run 10K and halfs during the offseason and would regularly experience quad and hamstring issues when practice started.  We used to call it getting in "football shape"  Of course u might be offbase and  Herndon could just be a drunken slacker.

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

I am not defending Gase. I am defying stupidity.  8 games with 14 of 22 starters in the hospital means you can’t reach a decision.  If you’re bored, try masturbation. Gase isn’t going anywhere.

SAR I

no you are defending gase if your bored I suggest you take a very ling walk off a short pier . telling people to jerk off now you have sunk and really are becoming a complete douche, seriously defying stupidity it is more like you are enabling it if ask anyone with a mind and a solid decision making process

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let’s get a new head coach every year until we get one who can open 8-0. 

SAR I

no moron and yes after telling someone to jerk off this is what you are getting people. Again people are not made because we are losing I dont know how many times I have to explain this but this is about how Sam has regressed and how unprepared this team has looked. My god are you hardheaded or just being an idiot on purpose? but either way I am getting tired of this crap from you. It is not that you disagree it is that you refuse to accept any facts people give you

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Beachum and Darnold started the Dallas game when Darnold won AFC POTW. Since Beachum has gone out, it’s been a travesty. 

yes the reason the jets suck and are not competitive is not because of gases coaching it is because we are missing beachum

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rammagen said:

no you are defending gase if your bored I suggest you take a very ling walk off a short pier . telling people to jerk off now you have sunk and really are becoming a complete douche, seriously defying stupidity it is more like you are enabling it if ask anyone with a mind and a solid decision making process

Just shut up.  I have no idea who you are now and I have no idea who you were before you started your stalking.  You're not the first random newb looking for a fight.  At least make some sense.  Parroting Joe Beningo nonsense isn't cutting it.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, rammagen said:

no moron and yes after telling someone to jerk off this is what you are getting people. Again people are not made because we are losing I dont know how many times I have to explain this but this is about how Sam has regressed and how unprepared this team has looked. My god are you hardheaded or just being an idiot on purpose? but either way I am getting tired of this crap from you. It is not that you disagree it is that you refuse to accept any facts people give you

These aren't facts.  They are bad opinions.  Copy/Paste Joe Beningo unoriginal opinions.  There is nothing worse.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

These aren't facts.  They are bad opinions.  Copy/Paste Joe Beningo unoriginal opinions.  There is nothing worse.

SAR I

first of all dont listen to Joe dont live in ny so dont follow him either so my opinions are mine and mine alone, there is something worse and i am starting to believe it is you

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just shut up.  I have no idea who you are now and I have no idea who you were before you started your stalking.  You're not the first random newb looking for a fight.  At least make some sense.  Parroting Joe Beningo nonsense isn't cutting it.

SAR I

first of all you have no reason to tell anyone to shut up, so bite me.  I am stalking your posting garbage and people post facts and you post bs and insult i suggest you start masturbating ring a bell?  and I am the one looking for a fight? really we have known each other online since real gm yrs (try 2004)ago how convenient now you think I am looking for a fight when yous tart this passive aggressive BS.

Now I know why people over there still think you are an ahole with a valid reason.  I am ignoring you from here on out and your passive aggressive bs lies and just wanted tell you to f off with your crap

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Looks like you tow guys might need the legal team of @T0mShane  Esquire and associates to settle this one up. 

Contact him through JetNation

PM sent.  You have any connections to customized hot air balloon rentals?  I wish to apologize publicly to Coach Gase on Sunday.

SAR I

Jets rank 32nd in pass protection, 30th in run defense and are a league worst in averaging 1.7 yards before contact. What coach is winning with this roster? Mike Maccagnan needs to be institutionalized for the product on the field this year. But yeah ******* Gase

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

Jets rank 32nd in pass protection, 30th in run defense and are a league worst in averaging 1.7 yards before contact. What coach is winning with this roster? Mike Maccagnan needs to be institutionalized for the product on the field this year. But yeah ******* Gase

This is the same argument the Bowles/Macc defenders made from 2016-2018 “it’s all Idzik fault”

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

This is the same argument the Bowles/Macc defenders made from 2016-2018 “it’s all Idzik fault”

The team didn’t hire the coach you wanted so instead of just dealing with it you’re pouting and crying about the HC. Matt Rhule, McCarthy, Monken, Harbaugh are all 1-7 with this team. 32nd in pass protection 30th in run blocking and last in the league at 1.7yards before contact. Maybe Maccarthy could help, put him at Center.  

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

The team didn’t hire the coach you wanted so instead of just dealing with it you’re pouting and crying about the HC. Matt Rhule, McCarthy, Monken, Harbaugh are all 1-7 with this team. 32nd in pass protection 30th in run blocking and last in the league at 1.7yards before contact. Maybe Maccarthy could help, put him at Center.  

Dude I supported the Gase hire.  At least I can admit I was flat out wrong this guy Gase is a complete dud

I thought Bowles defenders could mass produce bull$hit but you Gaseheads oh my God

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SR24 said:

You forgot dead last in all main offensive categories, essentially more talent (Bell, Crowder) than guys like Bates, Morton and Gailey had.

The gaseologists keep coming back to a win loss record.   The record is awful but it is not about being 1-7 it is about looking like total shi* on the offensive side of the ball.  Our franchise Qb looking worse and worse.

Not to mention every team and their dog have had injuries and Qb injuries and seem to at minimum function and in many case still do well.

Gase has not done one thing that looks impressive so far this season  from game one on and he had a crap resume before getting the job.

Win or look good losing.

Gase is an awful coach and the jets should correct the mistake asap.

(However the Gase lovers fear not, much like utter fails like McCagnan and Bowles he will be given 3-4 years.)

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

If the offensive line is terrible then part of that is on the head coach.  Call some damn plays that don;t let your Qb get ass smacked, go two TEs, Roll out. throw to the backs, do twin back sets, Fsakes, Gase has done none of that.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Please...Idzik was GM for ONE YEAR before Bowles/Macc came in, and he had one disastrous draft.  

Douglas/Gase are operating here after FIVE Mike MacCagnan disastrous drafts.

Kinda not the same.

6 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Please...Idzik was GM for ONE YEAR before Bowles/Macc came in, and he had one disastrous draft.  

Douglas/Gase are operating here after FIVE Mike MacCagnan disastrous drafts.

Kinda not the same.

It is for bowles, the roster is better this year, the performance is worse.  If gase gets a free pass this year then why was bowles fired?

Bates looks like Bill Walsh compared to the offensive gase is trotting out there.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You forgot dead last in all main offensive categories, essentially more talent (Bell, Crowder) than guys like Bates, Morton and Gailey had.

The gaseologists keep coming back to a win loss record.   The record is awful but it is not about being 1-7 it is about looking like total shi* on the offensive side of the ball.  Our franchise Qb looking worse and worse.

Not to mention every team and their dog have had injuries and Qb injuries and seem to at minimum function and in many case still do well.

Gase has not done one thing that looks impressive so far this season  from game one on and he had a crap resume before getting the job.

Win or look good losing.

(However the Gase lovers fear not, much like utter fails like McCagnan and Bowles he will be given 3-4 years.)

No one is a 'Gaseologist' for believing that with this roster, and the injuries, stating it is difficult to completely assess his role in this mess.

I will continue to state that with this Offensive Line, and it is offensive, NOTHING GOOD WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.  Not even with Le'veon Bell a first ballot HOFer before he landed here and Crowder.

Sure other teams trot out backup QBs and some do well....the ones that do, have an OFFENSIVE LINE that protects the QB and opens some holes for a RB.

Gase may indeed be an awful coach...I was on the fence when he was hired.  But the certainty of some here to already claim him an abject failure here in this situation with this roster is quite frankly over the top.

I'm not a 'Gaseologist'...I just have no basis to assess his value at this point.

If Matt Rhule was here and the NY Jets were at a similar spot right now half the posters here would be calling for his head too.

This team is the result of the past 6 yrs of horrific drafting...Some players picked were just plain awful and some players picked even though successful to a degree have little impact because they play complementary posititons that matter little when the core blows.

firing Gase will do absolutely nothing...but at this point, I really, really don't care.

11 hours ago, SR24 said:

Adam Gase is certainly not doing anything to help these guys on the field. Even though the blame he’s getting is misguided (the roster is the biggest problem with the Jets) Gase has still done a terrible job coaching this season. 

The point of this thread was never to defend Adam Gases coaching job. It was more along the lines that I don’t believe he should be taking all the heat for 10 years of incompetence by this franchise. For as bad as he’s been it’s still only eight games. This thing was rotten well before he Adam Gase entered the building. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the offensive line is terrible then part of that is on the head coach.  Call some damn plays that don;t let your Qb get ass smacked, go two TEs, Roll out. throw to the backs, do twin back sets, Fsakes, Gase has done none of that.

Actually if you watch the Miami film you'll see Gase had us max protecting fairly often. I'm not saying Gase isn't without criticism for the season he certainly hasn't been good but I just feel like this guy is taking the blame for the last 5 years of awful front office management.  

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Win or look good losing.

I'd give Gase one more year with an adequate Oline if he sucks after that I'll let yall put a fire Gase billboard on my roof 

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Dude I supported the Gase hire.  At least I can admit I was flat out wrong this guy Gase is a complete dud

I thought Bowles defenders could mass produce bull$hit but you Gaseheads oh my God

Give him 1 more year after Joe D invests in the Oline. I'm convinced no coach could succeed with the OL we have. If Gase sucks next year then launch his ass as far as he'll fly 

The heart of a good team is their Oline and ILBers.  Everything is easier when your competent with those two.

We all understand the effects of how a bad Oline can cripple an Offense. 

And besides the fact that our corners aren't good, and that we have average Pass rushers, we are playing with the 6th and 7th Inside LBers. oh, and btw the Offense and Defense were installed and taught just six months ago.

Let's blame the coach, and fly planes. smh.