A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So your defense is basically he's only human and he's doing the best he can. I guess that's something.

Yes-a bit of that (to those who spend $ to publicly humiliate him)

But also knowing this mess is not really his fault. He’s made it worse, but he doesn’t deserve all the hate. 

• Upvote 1

Did you feel bad for maccagnan when this scumbag adam gase went behind his back and got him fired?

Get out of here with this nonsense.  Gase is a manipulative, conniving, controlling, abusive man.

There is no place for this thread on this forum.  he is ruining our beloved jets and you feel bad for the guy.  Not even the revolution can help you. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Did I want Adam Gase as the HC? Not at all

Although.....

I was willing to give him a chance, and while he’s been dealt a tough hand with injuries and Darnold mono the non-competitive performances the team is putting forth on a weekly basis are completely unacceptable in the NFL. 

With that said.....

I hate the way the media and fanbase is pinning the entirety of this organization (owners) incompetencies on this one guy. “We are going to burn you at the stake because we are pissed off”

Gase had not done a good job and knows he’s probably getting fired. It’s time to realize he’s a husband, father, and is doing the best he can at his job (just like anyone else). Gase identified 3 months on the job the incompetences of Mike McCagnans personnel dept and within 8 games of his first season  he has experienced more vitriol from the media and fanbase than McCagnan had  in five years. 

Great post.

Preach it.  Don't let the ignorant angry mob down your spirits or drive a good head coach away.  Injuries suck, bad drafts suck, neither is Adam Gase's fault.

The 10 "fire Gase" people you read in this forum and on Twitter and hear on the radio are idiots.

SAR I

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Yes-a bit of that (to those who spend $ to publicly humiliate him)

But also knowing this mess is not really his fault. He’s made it worse, but he doesn’t deserve all the hate. 

Dear Mrs. Gase,

I don't think the money being spent is intended to publicly humiliate Gase. I think it's intended to pressure the incompetent owners to move on from what was obviously a mistake. Your husband is a grown ass man getting paid millions of dollars - I think he'll get over some vitriol from the fans.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Agreed completely. Mac is more responsible for this mess than Gase.

There's no way to know exactly what happened.   There were stories Gase wanted to trade down in the 1st, and Mac wouldn't do it.   If they had traded down, and then drafted some O Line help, maybe the season isn't as completely lost.

Gase hasn't done a good job, but Mac left no talent on this roster.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Although.....

I was willing to give him a chance, and while he’s been dealt a tough hand with injuries and Darnold mono the non-competitive performances the team is putting forth on a weekly basis are completely unacceptable in the NFL. 

With that said.....

I hate the way the media and fanbase is pinning the entirety of this organization (owners) incompetencies on this one guy. “We are going to burn you at the stake because we are pissed off”

Gase had not done a good job and knows he’s probably getting fired. It’s time to realize he’s a husband, father, and is doing the best he can at his job (just like anyone else). Gase identified 3 months on the job the incompetences of Mike McCagnans personnel dept and within 8 games of his first season  he has experienced more vitriol from the media and fanbase than McCagnan had  in five years. 

Peyton can go **** off for recommending him.

Angry Peyton Manning Stare | Gifrific

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, funaz said:

If people want to argue you can't judge Darnold because of his oline and lack of weapons. 

You can't in the next sentence argue that Gase should be judged because of the bad oline and poor wr performance

And Gase wasn’t here all offseason with an opportunity to bring in his Coaching staff and guys? It was never a one year fix but the team’s regressed under his watch.

Its funny how the gase supports were nowhere to be found Sunday night, Monday or Tuesday.  Ram away with their tail between their legs.

Now that its Wednesday they have their courage back.  Cant wait till Sunday night after the jets get trashed again by a below average Giants team for these sissys to disappear again.

It was fun talking football with knowledgeable football fans.

People always look for scapegoates; it's human nature.  The owners are not going away, and a new GM was just recently hired to a six year deal and has had very little chance to make his mark (good or bad) on the team. So, who can you focus your outrage on? 

Gase has had a chance and has fared poorly so far.  FWIW, I did not want him hired and think he's a bad coach.  However, just rage firing him accomplishes little to nothing, except for one possibly significant issue:

The main reason for possibly firing Gase is the "ruining" of Darnold.  Gase just loves those empty back sets or sending a lone back out as a receiver, but meanwhile the AWFUL OL continues to do a terrible job in pass protecting.  Yet, Gase rarely moves the pocket/rollouts or keeps a back in to pick up the first pass rusher to break free (and that happens quickly on a large majority of the pass plays). He needs to adjust to this right away or he should be fired.

I want to embrace the tank; b/c Gase is bad, the team will likely lose most of the remaining games, and that's fine, but he's got to do a better job protecting Darnold. Yes, the roster stinks.  Yes, there have been lots of injuries.  But, he was hired here supposedly to take Darnold to the "next level," but instead SD is regressing.  That needs to stop, now. I hope JD has already communicated that to Gase.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Although.....

With that said.....

Woody? Chris???  Is that you?

23 minutes ago, CTM said:

Mac's failures were conclusive over years and years and nobody ever started a GoFundMe. Gase has had 8 games with a sh*t roster and the pitchforks are out. Much different timeframe of poor performance and much, much different fan reaction.

It’s because Gase doesn’t do fan service and beg for forgiveness after losses. Too many fans feel entitled to seeing their coaches squirm for them, win or lose. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because Gase doesn’t do fan service and beg for forgiveness after losses. Too many fans feel entitled to seeing their coaches squirm for them, win or lose. 

No, it's because I have never seen, in all my years, an Offense that looks and produces as poorly as this current Jets offense does.

He could be Rainman, muttering alone on the sidelines about Judge Wapner whilst huffing his "special smelling salts", for all I care.....as long as our Offense produces and we win games.

I get you (and SAR) are both deep in on trolling the Fanbase Tom, fun times, I get it.  But please, in a moment of seriousness, you cannot possibly look at the totality of this Coach's resume and see "future Super Bowl Head Coach" in it.....can you?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

Although.....

With that said.....

There's a lot wrong with the Jets...management, roster, coaching, etc.  I agree with the bold above that you can't simply pin this failed season on one guy....but he's clearly not part of the solution right now.  The Jets were bad in 2016, 2017, 2018 and now again here in 2019, with a roster that has changed year to year and now two different head coaches.  It's more than Gase....but he's not showing he's the guy who can keep a sinking ship at least afloat until help arrives.  And that's really what he should be doing right now...but isn't.  Gase should be able to steady a team that has a bad roster but a promising QB.  I don't expect them to win except possibly against teams like Miami, Giants, Cincy but the Jets should be at least reasonably competitive and the QB shouldn't be worse than he was last year.

The Jets look flat, they don't seem competitive and the QB is regressing.  That's all on our offensive-minded HC in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

It’s time to realize he’s a husband, father, and is doing the best he can at his job (just like anyone else). 

You mean the guy that considers it a point of pride that he showed up and then left immediately after his kid was born telling his wife, "you good?" so he could go back to drawing up genius plans for Peyton Manning to not use?

• Haha 1

Although.....

With that said.....

What about fundamentals, time management, coaching in real time during the game etc.etc.. I'm all in for giving the handicapped a fair opportunity, however, this guy isn't doing anything to help himself. Sure we will have to give him another year to prove himself, but a tiger doesn't change his stripes. I'm hoping he is the exception to the rule.

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, it's because I have never seen, in all my years, an Offense that looks and produces as poorly as this current Jets offense does.

He could be Rainman, muttering alone on the sidelines about Judge Wapner whilst huffing his "special smelling salts", for all I care.....as long as our Offense produces and we win games.

I get you (and SAR) are both deep in on trolling the Fanbase Tom, fun times, I get it.  But please, in a moment of seriousness, you cannot possibly look at the totality of this Coach's resume and see "future Super Bowl Head Coach" in it.....can you?

not wanting the head coach fired after 1 season, or 8 games regardless of how poorly it has been does not equate to seeing a future super bowl head coach.

• Upvote 1

Although.....

With that said.....

How come Bill Parcells managed to improve to 9-7 with virtually the same roster Dick Kotite had 1 year prior?

• Upvote 2

Although.....

With that said.....

I agree Macc is more responsible than Gase for this mess but that doesn’t mean Gase gets a free pass. Gase has done nothing so far to earn him another shot as HC of the NYJ next year.  He does deserve the rest of this season but he had better show improvement.  And quickly!