A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike Tomlin lost big ben, leveon bell and antonio brown.  And he has that team at .500 and right in the playoff race.  Mike Tomlin is having the best season coaching in his career.  

True but it seems like he has worn out his welcome there.  I guess we’ll see  

Gase is not going anywhere. They will not fire him after this Season. As much as you or I want it to happen Gase will be here in 2020. I think it will be more because the Johnson's don't want to pay another guy to do nothing than any other excuse. Gase will be here. It's just the way it is. Sucks but it is what it is.

7 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

Did you just call a good head coach? WTF are you smoking. Name me ONE good quality that he has that  makes him a good coach. It is not the JETS record this year on why he should fire, it is because he is not of part of the solution, he is part of the problem not just in the short term but the long term as well. Its one thing to be delusional regarding a opposing team situation, but when you are delusional about your OWN team then that is a really a problem.

Gase is single handling making the JETS into a laughing stock starting with his introductory press conference, and more importantly ruining the franchise from the inside-out. As a BILLS fan I personally hope you give Gase a lifetime contract so that will be one less team in our way going forward.

You should spend more time in Bills forums worrying about who is going to replace RG4 next season.  I'm thinking Ryan Fitzpatrick is probably the right call.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Adam Gase SUX! He’s a thief, quitter, backstabber, and a professional excuse maker! All the horrible qualities he displayed in Miami and then some here with the Jets! This guy should be shown the door ASAP! He’s the biggest part of the problem, not the solution.

Keep reading Manish!  It's making you so much smarter!

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Goes both ways. When Gase loses, he loses big. 90% of the games he lost were by double digits. They weren’t close games. And he coached in the AFCE with Dolphins that played the sh*tty Jets n even worse Bills 4 times a year. Just admit it, Gase doesn’t know how to be a HC. Or OC in the NFL. Not unless he had Manning. 

As the team is spectacularly injured we cannot make a good determination of Adam Gase on the field.  Even the best coaches in the history of the NFL couldn't win with this group of hospital patients and their backups.

What we can judge is how he faces adversity and how he holds the locker room together.  So far, he gets a solid B+ on those fronts.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Gase is not going anywhere. They will not fire him after this Season. As much as you or I want it to happen Gase will be here in 2020. I think it will be more because the Johnson's don't want to pay another guy to do nothing than any other excuse. Gase will be here. It's just the way it is. Sucks but it is what it is.

I think if the offense continues to be completely inept, Darnold continues to regress and/or Darnold gets hurt, Gase gets fired.  

If he and Darnold can show any type of improvement, he gets to oversee the new roster on a contingency basis.  I do think the Hobbit gets replaced by someone who could either run the offense on their own, or could be a credible interim.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our OL didn't change very much from the Patriot game to the Jax/Miami games (where you said "the season starts now").  

OL vs Patriots 

image.png.9a21a75c915289ab681cdc617e155bf9.png

OL vs Jax

image.png.76bd604cfe44c5fb2405120b57855e4c.png

OL vs Miami

image.png.357d35d8c44635a14e0f3f3098990ec4.png

Exactly.  Thank you for making my point.  The reason we lost all 3 games is because that is not the OL we built for victory in 2019.

image.png.dd4cc687d42ecf5d49a94be23600deb1.png

The Cowboys game, we had Kallil and Beachum.

image.png.b571086296cefc78726d53dc34895b4f.png

The Bills game, we had Kallil, Beachum, and Osemele.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Maybe because he’s an awful coach who is stubborn, akward and doesn’t seem to give a damn we have won one game this year. Guy shows zero leadership traits. Zero. Him being a dad has nothing to do with this 

The guy is under attack from Twitter trolls, Daily News trolls, SNY trolls, WFAN trolls, and ESPN trolls.  What do you expect his public demeanor to be like? 

What you don't know is what he's like in the locker room.  All evidence points to a good coach who is holding his team together during a stretch of unprecedented injury.  We're Jets fans.  We've seen locker rooms in decay.  This isn't one. 

Le'Veon Bell forced his way out of Pittsburgh a year ago, acted like a child, Tomlin couldn't control him.  Bell is nothing but cooperative and helpful now.  That's Gase.  Good job of coaching a tough player.  CJ Mosley certainly can't be happy.  Same thing.  Good job by Gase.  Osemele making waves, gone.  Good job by Gase.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The guy is under attack from Twitter trolls, Daily News trolls, SNY trolls, WFAN trolls, and ESPN trolls.  What do you expect his public demeanor to be like? 

What you don't know is what he's like in the locker room.  All evidence points to a good coach who is holding his team together during a stretch of unprecedented injury.  We're Jets fans.  We've seen locker rooms in decay.  This isn't one. 

Le'Veon Bell forced his way out of Pittsburgh a year ago, acted like a child, Tomlin couldn't control him.  Bell is nothing but cooperative and helpful now.  That's Gase.  Good job of coaching a tough player.  CJ Mosley certainly can't be happy.  Same thing.  Good job by Gase.  Osemele making waves, gone.  Good job by Gase.

SAR I

The bolded statement has to be one of the most inaccurate statements ever posted on these forums.  And there have been a lot of doozies.

• Post of the Week 3

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.  Thank you for making my point.  The reason we lost all 3 games is because that is not the OL we built for victory in 2019.

image.png.dd4cc687d42ecf5d49a94be23600deb1.png

The Cowboys game, we had Kallil and Beachum.

image.png.b571086296cefc78726d53dc34895b4f.png

The Bills game, we had Kallil, Beachum, and Osemele.

SAR I

My bad. Kaila and Osemele were on their way to the Pro Bowl this year. Andyou knew  Beachum was out going into the Jax game. 

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You may be right, but then most people are a gullible lot.  Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.  I guess this board is just a subset. 

So you’re of the opinion that SAR I knows that the team stunk going into the year and that Gase stinks?

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

Nothing to fear guys. Gase said in a NY Post article today that the team is getting better every day in practice, communicating better. They are working hard. They are really focusing on getting better every day.

I personally feel a lot better about the team now. Yeah right!!!

The Jets win over the Cowboys is impressive.

The Buffalo Bills don't have a win as impressive, they can't beat playoff-caliber teams.  Gase just did a few weeks ago.  And if our D played better in Miami, if our secondary could stop Fitzpatrick, we'd be 2-2 since Darnold's return, exactly where most thought we'd be considering we had to play the tough Pats and Jags D in that stretch.

You are essentially crying over 1 loss.  So we lost to the Dolphins.  That sucks, but bad losses happen.  The Giants and Redskins are next.  Two winnable games.  Let's see what happens, shall we.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Of course not, but it’s just funny how fans rallied around Rex up until his last day even when it was obvious he was tearing the franchise apart, but they’re ready to bounce Gase almost immediately 

Well, I mean ... are you looking for Jets fans on the internet to exhibit rational behavior?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have been surprised by this as well. I am in no way defending Gase. But people really hate him. More than anything I have seen before and that is saying something.

Since Parcells, every Jets GMs and HCs not named Gase have been first timers:

HC: Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles
GM: Bradway, Tannenbaum, Idzik, Macc

With first timers, there is a little bit more diligence, just the slightest bit more patience. However, with Gase, some of us knew exactly what we were getting.

I have a saved text message with a friend in which I said on 12/31 that the one guy I wanted before Bowles but now want nowhere near my Jets is Gase. 9 days later, Jets announce Gase as HC.

Still, with reports from camp and what we saw in preseason games 1 & 2, I was starting to turn towards Gase and thought maybe he just needed out of Miami. Unfortunately, everything about the regular season has proven that Gase is exactly who he was in Miami, and that the only reason he was successful as OC of the Broncos is because of Peyton.

If he were a first time HC, we'd need to exercise some restraint. Given that he was already a failure in his two spots since Peyton before he even got here, there is no reason to continue this experiment. For this reason, using Macc's abject failures as a way to mitigate Gase's abject failure is either disingenuous, or straight up stupid. Sam might be a complete bust - but he might also be salvageable and be able to turn this around at the ripe old age of 22. One thing is for sure though: Gase has proven he's not the guy to get it done. If anything, he's regressed Sam and the entire offense to sub-Jeremy Bates levels.

That's why he is getting all of the deserved hate so quick into his tenure, and that's why it's more than anything we've seen before for any other HC/GM in 20 years.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So you’re of the opinion that SAR I knows that the team stunk going into the year and that Gase stinks?

Yes.  Though, as I said before, that opinion is irrelevant.  I am 100% sure that either SAR 1 knew that and was trolling you, or that he is insane.  Once again, does it matter which?  "SAR 1 said it, therefore rational people believe it."   Is that your premise?  PSLs are investment gold?  I repeat my prior comment: Holy sh*t!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don’t think SAR I believed that the Jets were winning the division?

I did.  And I stand by that.  I liked what we did to improve on O and D this offseason.  I thought 9 wins were a given and we could get the last 2 late in the season as we were comfortable in Gase/Williams systems.

I didn't expect our K to retire.  I didn't expect WR1 and TE1 to miss the whole season.  I didn't expect our troika of the best FA's at their positions in Bell, Mosley, and Osemele to wind up being just Bell.  I didn't expect 5 ILB's to be out putting us in the street trying to find warm bodies.  I didn't expect that only 1 OL'man would be playing at his nataural position alongside 4 backups and rookies.

Injuries.  Stop looking for alternative Fun! New! Fresh! Hot! takes.  It's injuries.  No one is coming back.  We are a strong ship that unexpectedly lost our engines doing our best to float to next season.  The head coach is blameless.  He is as much a victim as Bell is, as the fans are.  He's not a doctor and he's not God. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mike Tomlin should he lose his job.

Man, you are having a rough week, you really should stop posting.

[Mike Tomlin is everything you claim you want Adam Gase to be this season.  A man without a quarterback and key offensive weapons still finding ways to win games]

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

[Mike Tomlin is everything you claim you want Adam Gase to be this season.  A man without a quarterback and key offensive weapons still finding ways to win games]

SAR I

Mike Tomlin is far from a paragon of coaching genius IMO, but he found a way to win 4 of those games.  How many has Gase won again?  The QB Tomlin lost is a HOF'er and he is not coming back. He won a game when his second stringer went down too.  Gase curled up in a little ball, like a turtle scared to come out of his shell despite having weeks to prep with his 3rd stringer.  When his #1 came back, the results have only been marginally better. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Does anybody?  He is either trolling your or completely insane.  Does it really matter which?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think most people on here believed him (and still do) when he said this prior to the season.

Not trolling, not insane.  It's people like you two that are insane trolls.  The Jets had 9-7 easily and I had them getting 2 extra wins late in the year as they grew comfortable in Gase's system. 

Want a shocker?  What I've seen this season only reinforces that I was right.  We had the Bills beaten.  With Darnold or Simean we beat the Browns too.  We beat the Cowboys.  Too many of you don't realize that the Jets aren't a dumpster fire.  We are a playoff team with unprecedented injuries. 

So shut up, stand behind your head coach, listen to Le'Veon asking for Patience, and stop making up Fun! Exciting! New! Hot! takes because you're bored of the one that matters-  Injuries.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The bolded statement has to be one of the most inaccurate statements ever posted on these forums.  And there have been a lot of doozies.

injuries.jpg

No head coach in the NFL could be successful with this mess of players who have missed 4-8 games.

We've lost 7 offensive starters and 7 defensive starters.  You realize that there are only 11 starters on each squad, yes?  And that we are essentially rolling out an NFL expansion team each Sunday, yes?

SAR I

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mike Tomlin is far from a paragon of coaching genius IMO, but he found a way to win 4 of those games.  How many has Gase won again?  The QB Tomlin lost is a HOF'er and he is not coming back. He won a game when his second stringer went down too.  Gase curled up in a little ball, like a turtle scared to come out of his shell despite having weeks to prep with his 3rd stringer.  When his #1 came back, the results have only been marginally better. 

Be careful. You’re getting sucked in 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My bad. Kaila and Osemele were on their way to the Pro Bowl this year. Andyou knew  Beachum was out going into the Jax game. 

Take the 3 best offensive linemen off the roster of a 4-12 team trying to get to 8-8 the next season, tell me what happens.

Wait.  I can do that for you.  They open 1-7.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes.  Though, as I said before, that opinion is irrelevant.  I am 100% sure that either SAR 1 knew that and was trolling you, or that he is insane.  Once again, does it matter which?  "SAR 1 said it, therefore rational people believe it."   Is that your premise?  PSLs are investment gold?  I repeat my prior comment: Holy sh*t!

Lmao. You’re all right in my book!

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Stop putting words in SAR's mouth that SAR didn't say.

A smart Jets fan would simply say "Damn, injuries suck" and blame God.  Only fools would look at the roster now and want their head coach fired for not winning enough games.

Take a 4-12 team and imagine that in free agency they signed only Bell and proceeded to cut Herndon and Enunwa and half the OL and not replace them.

Because that's exactly what's going on here.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mike Tomlin is a 13 year, Super Bowl winning head coach with a record of 129-70.

For the love of Christ, did you just compare one of the Top 5 head coaches in the NFL to Adam Gase?  And you call me delusional?

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I don’t understand the point you’re making. 

Yes Mike Tomlin has been everything  we all want Adam Gase to be. Unfortunately Adam Gase isn’t having any of the success that Mike Tomlin is having. 

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It’s Wednesday and the media has full availability to the players. I’m sure the papers and airwaves will be flooded with those players anonymously ripping Gase and begging for him to be fired. After all, I read on the internet that everyone hates him and had already quit, etc. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s Wednesday and the media has full availability to the players. I’m sure the papers and airwaves will be flooded with those players anonymously ripping Gase and begging for him to be fired. After all, I read on the internet that everyone hates him and had already quit, etc. 

The Jets just got manhandled by an 0-7 Dolphins team that is trying to lose and we're seeing player after player going to IR with practice "injuries". Those quotes are in Gase font if you missed it.

The team has quit and Gase will be fired.