A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

I dunno what you are but this is the same dumb argument the people who defended Bowles and Macagnan for 5 years said “oh it’s all really on Idzik and Rex”

Bill Parcells in 1997 inherited a roster that went 1-15 and he goes 9-7 the following year and his big addition was James freaking Farrior.

The friggin Colts, Broncos, Panthers, Steelers and jags are winning games with backup QBs some of which you never even heard of

I am man and I roar.

Gase took the Dolphins to the playoffs his first year after they sucked with a previous coach. 

the point remains the Jets lack talent big time. No coach would save this team. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This pretty much says it all

I’m so sick of every regime’s dumb apologists just trying to shift blame to the previous regime

Then why even pay a coaching staff? If the draft you had 3 years earlier determines everything we shouldn’t even be playing the games

1 minute ago, Cyberjet said:

I am man and I roar.

Gase took the Dolphins to the playoffs his first year after they sucked with a previous coach. 

And Kotite made the playoffs with the eagles

Gase and Kotite are similar and I was there in 1995-1996

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ok. Where else are the Jets more talented than anyone?

I don’t know about that but i can tell you the least talented at HEAD COACH.  What was this fraud best offense ever minus being Payton’s coffee boy?  

This is beginning to look like when Macc was clearly failing and many fans here started to make excuses for that clown.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m so sick of every regime’s dumb apologists just trying to shift blame to the previous regime

Then why even pay a coaching staff? If the draft you had 3 years earlier determines everything we shouldn’t even be playing the games

???

the Jets are a train wreck of talent. Their foundational players the OL suck that has nothing to do with Gase. Throw in a mono QB and a rash of injuries incl skilled players no coach would have a chance. 

1 minute ago, DRJETS said:

I don’t know about that but i can tell you the least talented at HEAD COACH.  What was this fraud best offense ever minus being Payton’s coffee boy?  

This is beginning to look like when Macc was clearly failing and many fans here started to make excuses for that clown.  

Mac and Bowles both had plenty of defenders here for years sh-t they even blamed Idzik for him drafting Hackentard

1 minute ago, DRJETS said:

@Pac was the only one to ever make excuses for Maccagnan and Pac is historically insane.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

I am man and I roar.

LMAO can’t make this stuff up even if you try.

I'll say this to the Gase defenders.  It's possible that he can succeed given a better roster if it remains healthy throughout the year.  But if he's only able to succeed in a "best case scenario", is that really a guy we should be rallying behind?  Considering how many injuries there are in the NFL, how realistic is a "best case scenario" anyway? 

So far, Gase has not shown that he's creative enough to overcome "bad situations" (e.g. having a crappy OL, losing his starting QB to mono for 4 weeks, injuries, etc).  I think the legit good coaches in the NFL at least keep their teams competitive in those situations.  Meanwhile, we got beaten pretty badly by the putrid Dolphins.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DRJETS said:

Yeah, the same clueless fan here that are excusing this fraud.

What has Gase done to inspire confidence?  All his game management decisions have been bad.  He literally quit in the Miami game with 4 minutes left and three timeouts 

Gase has more double digit losses than wins.  That’s including his stellar Miami tenure

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

What has Gase done to inspire confidence?  All his game management decisions have been bad.  He literally quit in the Miami game with 4 minutes left and three timeouts 

Gase has more double digit losses than wins.  That’s including his stellar Miami tenure

People criticized Bowles for surrendering.  Gase has now done the same.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

But he has more wins than single digit losses

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bell: Dumped by previous team

Montgomery: Dumped by two previous teams

Crowder: Redskins, flush with cap space, let him walk.

Alex Lewis: Dumped by previous team

Chuma Edoga: lolololol ol 

Bell and Crowder suck now?  Ok good night I’ve gone down your rabbit hole maybe Gase and Mangini can open up a motivational school in Florida 3 years from now

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CurtMart said:

Umm yeah, we were not in a rebuild THIS year. You don’t spend crazy money in FA during rebuild. We spent what 80mil of new cap money for 2019 alone? Sam was supposed to take a step forward but he f*cked up late 3-4 games. I know what we are doing NOW. Rebuild. Only cuz we stink and it only makes sense to this now. Back in September, this board was onboard for the playoffs or atleast a .500 record. 

2019 wasn’t meant to be a rebuild year. 

Holy sh*t.  

You can't possibly believe this.  They went 4-12 last year.  Fans may spout playoffs, but they had to change a whole lot of parts.  That is the definition of rebuild.  They spent money?  That is how you rebuild.  Spend money and draft.  They have not had a good team or spent money in ages.  They have to spend it sometime.  

2015 was a rebuild year.  2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 were rebuild years.  Now 2020 is a rebuild year too.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bell and Crowder suck now?  Ok good night I’ve gone down your rabbit hole maybe Gase and Mangini can open up a motivational school in Florida 3 years from now

The Redskins replaced Crowder with rookie Terry McLaurin and he’s gone for 32/497/15.5/5 TDs. He was drafted a few spots after we took Jachai Polite.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

3FB46715-7EB4-4A27-8B47-00F64DA60CA8.jpeg

WOW. And to think that this fraud still has some backer in this forum it is really telling.  If we had Bates as OC we probably score 100 more points than last year. AS A ROOKIE he knew what made Sam more comfortable.  There’s zero adjustment with this clueless “offensive guru.”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Holy sh*t.  

You can't possibly believe this.  They went 4-12 last year.  Fans may spout playoffs, but they had to change a whole lot of parts.  That is the definition of rebuild.  They spent money?  That is how you rebuild.  Spend money and draft.  They have not had a good team or spent money in ages.  They have to spend it sometime.  

2015 was a rebuild year.  2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 were rebuild years.  Now 2020 is a rebuild year too.  

In today's NFL, it's very possible to go from 4-12 to 8-8 or 9-7.  The Jets had the #3 overall pick along with an extra 3rd rounder.  Plus we had over $100M to spend in FA.  That, and our schedule has its fair share of cupcakes on it.  This was a year that many on here had hopes for a playoff spot.

SAR I believed in this team so much that he posted that we would win the division this year.

39 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Unlikely but point being they would have a losing record. And that’s comparing him to an experienced top flight coach. 2 games into his 2nd season in NE they were calling for BBs head. Great DC horrible head coach. Marvin Jones and Tom Brady changed it all and they had a good OL.

The record is not really the point.  No one expects Gase to be a miracle worker with bad talent.  It is how the team looks with  the things he can control.

The team looks bad, the use of talent looks bad, the offense is epically bad. 

There is not one thing I have seen from this coach to suggest he is good in any facet of being a head coach let alone an offensive guy,

• Sympathy 1

Rex goes 4-12 and the fans buy a billboard to get his GM fired after two years.

Adam Gase inherits a roster from a GM whose *five* drafts make John Idzik’s drafts look like Jimmy Johnson’s drafts and, uh, they want a billboard to get Adam Gase fired.

the difference? You personally liked Rex and you don’t like Gase. You’re all a bunch of emo poofs with daddy issues. 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bell: Dumped by previous team

Montgomery: Dumped by two previous teams

Crowder: Redskins, flush with cap space, let him walk.

Alex Lewis: Dumped by previous team

Chuma Edoga: lolololol ol 

Oh man how did you become pac/jetnut/nyjuc like over gase?

Bell and crowder and quality  players.  the others are jags.

11 hours ago, CTM said:

Agreed completely. Mac is more responsible for this mess than Gase.

Trying to determine who is more or less responsible is s fools errand. They all are. No amount of bizarre message board prose defending or attacking them is changing that. All we can do at this point is poop our pants and steal our neighbors WiFi.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Rex goes 4-12 and the fans buy a billboard to get his GM fired after two years.

Adam Gase inherits a roster from a GM whose *five* drafts make John Idzik’s drafts look like Jimmy Johnson’s drafts and, uh, they want a billboard to get Adam Gase fired.

the difference? You personally liked Rex and you don’t like Gase. You’re all a bunch of emo poofs with daddy issues. 

Rex stunk, Gase stinks, bowles stinks.

The jets look worse than any other team for the last 15 years and they have had some bad teams.  The offense looks embarrassing bad.  This guy is an offensive coach.

Todd Bowles should have been retained, he had even worse talent then gase has.  lol

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Oh man how did you become pac/jetnut/nyjuc like over gase?

Bell and crowder and quality  players.  the others are jags.

Caporoso listed a bunch of JAGs and squeezed in Crowder and Bell to make it look like the roster had a litany of grand new additions to it, featuring Chuma Edoga and Alex Lewis. It’s an old rhetorical trick, like putting a hundred dollar bill on the outside of a roll of Monopoly money to make yourself look like a baller