A thread about this weekend's championship games and prospects to watch

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Was all worth it.

The Jets could have missed out on that little King of Queens dude who is Gase's flunky...watching Gase and him debating on which one would throw the Red Challenge Flag was I think the Hi-light of this season.

Watch Rhule get an NFL HC job now I be seen as one of the best new coaches in the league.

Rhule, McCarthy, Jock itch stench >>>> Gase.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I Wonder what Giants fans feel today watching this game. Imagine if they get the first pick in the draft and having to not pick Joe Burrow as their future QB.  Poor Giant Fans if for some how the Bengals win two games more. Giants are not winning again.  

Yeah because, "Everyone knows Burrow is a lock to be a hall of fame NFL QB."  ?

10 minutes ago, JiF said:
8 minutes ago, JiF said:

UF has more Nat’ys and SEC Champs than all of those teams combined in your life time, sweetheart. 

My preference is all time sweetheart. The Vols have doubled the success of the Gators in college football, with 16 conf titles, to 8 for the Gators, and oh yeah, 6 National Championships, to your 3. Easily Vols >> Gators. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

WR Lawrence Cager -- out with injury.

RB DeAndre Swift -- playing through sshoulder injury

WR Dominick Blaylock -- knee injury in this game

WR George Pickens -- suspended for being an idiot last week

QB Jake Fromm -- limps off with ankle injury

Been a fun season so far.  But looks like it comes to an end for us today.  Think LSU is the better team, but would have loved to played this game healthy.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Been a fun season so far.  But looks like it comes to an end for us today.  Think LSU is the better team, but would have loved to played this game healthy.

Being a Georgia fan must be tough. They always come so close. I thought Fromm was gonna be a bigger star 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Being a Georgia fan must be tough. They always come so close. I thought Fromm was gonna be a bigger star 

Fromm has been incredibly disappointing this year.  And to think we eff'd it up with Justin Fields last year because this was Fromm's team.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Fromm has been incredibly disappointing this year.  And to think we eff'd it up with Justin Fields last year because this was Fromm's team.

Fields would have given you guys a dynamic you hadn’t had in a while, it would have been a ballsy move to go to Fields, but it would have been the right move.  

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

I honestly don't think it would have mattered. LSU is once again showing why they are the best team in the country.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I really want us to draft edwards-hellaire, this guy is kamara version 2

I love him too but I can't see him lasting until the third. I think he goes late 1st, early 2nd and I don't think JD takes a RB that early.

I would love the pick because our RBs suck, but unless we pull off a trade for more draft ammo I don't see it happening.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

I honestly don't think it would have mattered. LSU is once again showing why they are the best team in the country.

You are probably right.  Most of our injuries are on offense, but defense is having problems stopping LSU.  I just would have liked to have had the chance to play this game at 100%.  

At least I don't have to worry about blowing a big lead today.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Clemson can beat lsu imo, they can pretty well match up Qb for QB with them.

Clemson, LSU and OSU are all at a different level than anyone else this year.  Really looking forward to see what happens when they start to play each other.

Just now, sec101row23 said:

People were ready to anoint Alabama as one of the best college football teams of all time last year.   

Fair point because I was one of them. I've been watching college ball since the early 80's and don't remember a team that was that dominant throughout an entire season.

That being said LSU would smoke Clemson.