This Idea...

Just now, Butterfield said:

Get over it.  Move on.  Do you really put that much stock into what anonymous internet posters have to say?

I enjoy this forum and having literally every thread ruined by the same 10 trolls ruins the experience. Both you and I care enough to make an account and post- so yea, I care. 

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The guy's article mentions that it's not a work of art and says the end result is all that matters.

Yeah for some reason the end result isn't good enough for some reason. Weird. 

The 22 year old QB led the team on a 4th quarter comeback. But let's keep talking about a sack that didn't cost the game. 

Talk about picking and choosing to fit a narrative.

The only person who has a narrative here is Cannizzaro, who literally wrote a narrative in which he included the plays that fit and ignored the ones that didn’t.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Do we have alot of posters "giving Baker a pass"? Doesn't seem like it.

I give Qb's about 5 years. Unless they have a great D like Ben and Russell had I don't expect much right out of the chute. Sam has very little help and has been surrounded by inconsistency, injuries or no injuries. Timing, reading Defenses, just growing into the position takes time he has been put behind the 8 ball I have not given up on him he can play but man do the Jets have to make up for lost time because of poor management.

Just now, nico002 said:

I enjoy this forum and having literally every thread ruined by the same 10 trolls ruins the experience. Both you and I care enough to make an account and post- so yea, I care. 

If other opinions ruin your experience, the internet might not be for you.  I honestly don’t care at all what you or anyone else posts.  I read it, but I don’t put any stock into it.  

• Post of the Week 3

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Absolutely.  Was an awful call.  Thats football.  You dont call that at the end of the game.  Total bush league.

Except it wasn't an "awful call", it was PI. Defender grabbed and impeded  the receiver. And really Jets have been getting screwed all year. last week 10-2 in penalties, and yesterday got a total nonsense RTP. 

We will never know if the pass was completed how the game plays out. 

YOU DO CALL IT AT THE END OF THE GAME. The reason the NFL has the replay , mismanaged as it is, is because exactly of PI not being called in the NFC championship game last season. This was no different, except the reply worked in the Jets' favor. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I for one cannot believe that our 22 year old Qb who was playing linebacker a few years ago, is in his first season in this system, isn’t primed and polished enough yet to nail every throw with pinpoint perfection and efficiency. 

Well that's a big reason why you simply don't draft guys who lack experience at the collegiate level.  It's usually a death knell for a prospect's chances of making it in the NFL.  Hopefully Darnold is the exception, not the rule.  He was my favorite prospect in 2018 so obviously I think/hope he is the guy. 

But people need to stop making excuses based on his age and experience.  That's no longer valid in year 2 at the pro level.  

Just now, Bugg said:

Except it wasn't an "awful call", it was PI. Defender grabbed and impeded  the receiver. And really Jets have been getting screwed all year. last week 10-2 in penalties, and yesterday got a total nonsense RTP. 

YOU DO CALL IT AT THE END OF THE GAME. The reason the NFL has the replay , mismanaged as it is, is because exactly of PI not being called in the NFC championship game last season. This was no different, except the reply worked in the Jets' favor. 

Look what the NFL did. They conditioned a set of fans early in the year that true pass interference is not truly pass interference and that game was called just fine. Turned them into a bunch of zombies.

That Roger Goodell is good, man.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Aaron Rodgers barely won today he sucks too

Spare his 6 TD game vs. the Raiders Aaron Rodgers has mostly sucked this season. Can say this as a fantasy owner of Aaron Rodgers. But he has been good enough that he hasn't held his team back in a messy division. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You’ve got a hoard of Pat Fans TXs running wild and you can’t see it bro- I’m trying to help you. If you didn’t have me going from thread to thread trying to stop these jerks your site would be dead in 6 months.

Thank you Board Savior.  What would we ever do without you?

You're just as annoying as the supposed "trolls" you keep trying to get banned, if not moreso.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well that's a big reason why you simply don't draft guys who lack experience at the collegiate level.  It's usually a death knell for a prospect's chances of making it in the NFL.  Hopefully Darnold is the exception, not the rule.  

the word that comes to mind is infantilization.

I don't think Sam wants or needs it.

“I know there are some things on tape that I am not going to like when I see it,” Darnold said.

13 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You’ve got a hoard of Pat Fans TXs running wild and you can’t see it bro- I’m trying to help you. If you didn’t have me going from thread to thread trying to stop these jerks your site would be dead in 6 months.

Holy ******* self importance.  @Maxman, JetNation is dead in 6 months without this guy.  Wow.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Deshaun Watson just laid an egg the size of Kansas against a losing team starting a rookie QB in a must win game....

Max, you can add this guy to the ban list.

Real mature bro, calling out bans just because someone doesn't agree with you. Your frachise QB laid a egg against a 0-11 team but go ahead and give me another excuse. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

If other opinions ruin your experience, the internet might not be for you.  I honestly don’t care at all what you or anyone else posts.  I read it, but I don’t put any stock into it.  

1. It’s a forum, the entire point is to talk to people 

2. they aren’t opinions, they are troll attempts, that’s the point 

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

No no no, don’t you get it? It made Darnold look good so it was a terrible call. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well that's a big reason why you simply don't draft guys who lack experience at the collegiate level.  It's usually a death knell for a prospect's chances of making it in the NFL.  Hopefully Darnold is the exception, not the rule.  He was my favorite prospect in 2018 so obviously I think/hope he is the guy. 

But people need to stop making excuses based on his age and experience.  That's no longer valid in year 2 at the pro level.  

Look at the start of the careers of Troy Aikman, John Elway, Steve Young, Peyton Manning.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The NFL in 1999 was a completely different game my man.  

Compare Sam to his contemporaries, not QB's from 20+ seasons ago.  

People are people. Maturation is maturation. Game assimilation is game assimilation.

Are you saying young players cannot evolve any longer? And that some assimilate the game differently?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Lmao, you just contradicted yourself. So if we're not Sam Darnold's cheerleaders like you we're trolls? Pathetic.

He’ll be the next in a long line of posters to get banned (again) and genuinely believe it’s everyone else’s fault.  Amazing how many people here have the self awareness of a potato.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

People are people. Maturation is maturation. Game assimilation is game assimilation.

Are you saying young players cannot evolve any longer? And that some assimilate the game differently?

I'm saying that there are certain red flags with Darnold that could suggest his ceiling is limited and his floor is low.  For every QB that turned into a true franchise guy after struggling for 1.5-2 seasons, there are dozens and dozens who never materialized into franchise QB's.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm saying that there are certain red flags with Darnold that could suggest his ceiling is limited and his floor is low.  For every QB that turned into a true franchise guy after struggling for 1.5-2 seasons, there are dozens and dozens who never materialized into franchise QB's.

So, your'e saying there is a chance?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok so I was going to respond to your other post. But this, wow.

So let's start with this don't call people out like you did in the other post.

People are absolutely allowed to believe whatever they feel about Sam Darnold. They can post it as well.

There are several posters that received private messages from me. We are working on people staying on topic and not derailing threads. There are people that have their minds made up on Sam Darnold.

There is one poster that is doing it that is a fake account, that is being dealt with. Other posters are being asked to stay on topic.

Sorry that you don't agree with the approach here. We've been doing this for 15 years and we're the biggest site for a reason. Heavy handed moderation shuts sites down.

Going to stick with the approach that got us here and we won't censor people because you don't agree with them.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He’ll be the next in a long line of posters to get banned (again) and genuinely believe it’s everyone else’s fault.  Amazing how many people here have the self awareness of a potato.

I'm Irish and carbs are my friend. So tread carefully here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Deshaun Watson just laid an egg the size of Kansas against a losing team starting a rookie QB in a must win game....

Max, you can add this guy to the ban list.

Oh the list is growing alright lol.

• Haha 1