Expectations from Joe Douglas conference tomorrow.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Gives you the feels of another Maccagnan situation. He was hidden too. Not a good look and doesnt exactly instill confidence that Douglas is up for the gig.

No. That’s actually a dumb take. Douglas is probably the most trusted in the building. There’s reasons they don’t do it live, I’m not gonna say why, it’s just over thinking that I wish they’d stop. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

No. That’s actually a dumb take. Douglas is probably the most trusted in the building. There’s reasons they don’t do it live, I’m not gonna say why, it’s just over thinking that I wish they’d stop. 

Can you elaborate? Any process changes he's made with regards to player evals?

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

No I just meant they truly believe in Douglas and his staff to get things right. I don’t know deep details like that. 

Who's they? Not trying to be a prick, but the fanbase has been given vague generalities over the last 2 regimes on why they're improving and nothing has changed. Some specifics would be nice. How about the new Team President? Any differences there?

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who's they? Not trying to be a prick, but the fanbase has been given vague generalities over the last 2 regimes on why they're improving and nothing has changed. Some specifics would be nice. How about the new Team President? Any differences there?

The only thing I want is a little clarity on the draft strategy.  I think we deserve that.

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

"Good day ladies and gents of the press , I'm Joe. Just before your questions I would like to make the following announcements."

"We are going to be trading jamal Adams, Quinnen Williams and Leveon Bell for mountains of draft picks."

"We are then going to build an oline like the great wall of China and get many WR weapons."

"We are then going to fire Adam Gase."

"The next coach will be Matt Rhule."

"I ran over Manish Mehta in the parking lot on the way to this presser."

"Now, on to your questions!"

And guaranteed Jets fans would still be bitching about something !!

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The only thing I want is a little clarity on the draft strategy.  I think we deserve that.

Knowing his background and given the fact that it’s our biggest need I’m positive OL will be the main focus in the first 3 rounds.  Given how deep this draft is in WR I see us spending a high pick on that as well

• Upvote 1

Pretty much what you would expect from a GM presser.  Nothing controversial.  Only meaningful comment to me was his statement about focusing on the line of scrimmage -- as close as he would come yo acknowedging that the OL needs to be better.

It shoudl be the main focus of his offseason.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I wish someone followed up on his "strong core" quote to ask which players he envisions make up this strong core.  That would be telling in terms of who they are building around/value for sticking around.

Feed them sh*t and keep them in the dark.

10 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I wish someone followed up on his "strong core" quote to ask which players he envisions make up this strong core.  That would be telling in terms of who they are building around/value for sticking around.

Fact is there isn’t a strong core and the players that could make it up are either on the trading block or leaving via free agency. This rosters eggs are all in the Darnold basket. They need to finally put money and assets into the offense.