Expectations from Joe Douglas conference tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, Lith said:

The bottoms is such BS and disappointing to hear from JD-

The offense didn’t grow, didn’t get better.  The defense stepped up and mostly shut down inferior opponents - but the offense had very little to do with it.  Sounds like he’s playing defense for Gase.  Simply the last thing I wanted to hear.

It’s one thing to not say anything - it’s another to throw false praise on something anyone follows the team knows to be untrue.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This is smart.  The dude needs to plug holes immediately at some critical spots.  Comp picks be damned, he's going to target FA's and spend some $$$.  I have no problem with this.  If you want additional draft picks then TRADE DOWN a few spots in a Round.  Don't play games with the compensatory pick allocation formula.

• Upvote 1

OK...so, he doesn't light up a room.. And really didn't say anything of substance...The media asking prediciable negative stuff...Mehta debating himself with a burner account...It's all meaningless...BUT

This man could have the talent to find talent, with some of the under the radar moves have already panned out..(along w a few duds) .....We could be in good shape... He wants to build a line..We loved the Leonard Williams move, plus he was able to deal w the vagiants, when does that ever happen?...he's got potential here...we should be excited...Eff the stupid press conference, and the lazy media as well... Go Jets 

Short translation:

"Christopher loves Gase, so I am stuck with him at least one more year"

"We are not paying what Jamal will demand, we will look to trade him"

"Please PLEASE call with trade offers for Bell, we will even hold money back"

"We fu&*ed the Quincy situation so bad, we have to go full cover our ass on him mode, and then cut him a microsecond after he is healthy"

"We will talk Robbie up so that maybe we get a compensatory for him"

"We will shore up the OL and DL " -< Editors note: hard to be snarky about this one. Actually good to hear.

"Sam is not really the reason Sam was exceedingly average"

"The offense improved compared to the Luke Falk version (it still sucks, though"

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Short translation:

"Christopher loves Gase, so I am stuck with him at least one more year"

"We are not paying what Jamal will demand, we will look to trade him"

"Please PLEASE call with trade offers for Bell, we will even hold money back"

"We fu&*ed the Quincy situation so bad, we have to go full cover our ass on him mode, and then cut him a microsecond after he is healthy"

"We will talk Robbie up so that maybe we get a compensatory for him"

"We will shore up the OL and DL " -< Editors note: hard to be snarky about this one. Actually good to hear.

"Sam is not really the reason Sam was exceedingly average"

"The offense improved compared to the Luke Falk version (it still sucks, though"

I think the lukewarm endorsement of Adams considering he made 2 all pro seasons in a row says that he is going to subtly try to trade him.  Adams can be turned into a tackle or a wr and then they wouldn’t have to pay him.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Who's they? Not trying to be a prick, but the fanbase has been given vague generalities over the last 2 regimes on why they're improving and nothing has changed. Some specifics would be nice. How about the new Team President? Any differences there?

What sports orginization do you follow where the front office and coaches don't for the most part speak in vague generalities?  This isn't unique to the Jets

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'll agree that's probably one of the few positives.  The team stuck together, they played hard (even if not well all the time) through the whole season.  Nobody would have been surprised if they packed it in, fractured as a team, etc. after a 1-7 start.  These guys coached and played the hand that was dealt to them and rode out a 6-2 second half to the season.

Other positives IMO - identifying some under-the-radar talent at CB, DLine, LB and maybe a couple on O like Alex Lewis, Vyncint Smith, Berrios.  Hearing guys end the season saying that they want to be back with the Jets (even if they'll test FA) like Jordan Jenkins, Robby, etc.

Joe Douglas is heading into his FIRST offseason with control of FA and the Draft.....I think he has a 2-3 year plan in mind even if we want something quicker.  Just because fans have fatigue with this perpetual rebuild it's really just starting in Douglas' mind.  We're going to see some building blocks put together, notably on the OLine and at WR if I had to guess.

It was such a strange year in that the team and organization didn’t crumble after 1-7, or the first Dolphins loss, or the Bengals loss, or the Adams deadline tantrum, or the Osemele and Enunwa things, but they held it together and kept quiet. No way did I expect that to happen after any of those instances, but they did. I think it speaks well of the leadership on the team, which is also a new thing for us as Jets fans. In so many ways, it was a terrible year, but it was a different terrible because they avoided setting the dumpster on fire. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What sports orginization do you follow where the front office and coaches don't for the most part speak in vague generalities?  This isn't unique to the Jets

The last two GM's the Jets hired were arguably the two worst GM's in league history. Douglas being a bit more visible and detailed would be a positive. Just seems to be the same song and dance- e.g. the team battled, we like our young core, #momentum while the results on the field continue to stink...idk man, why not expect more? This feels like Maccagnan all over.

What exactly is Joe Douglas's plan? He's been the Jets GM for close to a year. Getting paid 7 mill per and we've heard from him twice.

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

The only thing I want is a little clarity on the draft strategy.  I think we deserve that.

C'mon man, draft strategy is one of the most concealed items on any NFL team.

Probably only 3-4 people in the building have any real idea on what their draft strategy might be at this point.

It is almost certain to change between now and the draft

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'll agree that's probably one of the few positives.  The team stuck together, they played hard (even if not well all the time) through the whole season.  Nobody would have been surprised if they packed it in, fractured as a team, etc. after a 1-7 start.  These guys coached and played the hand that was dealt to them and rode out a 6-2 second half to the season.

Other positives IMO - identifying some under-the-radar talent at CB, DLine, LB and maybe a couple on O like Alex Lewis, Vyncint Smith, Berrios.  Hearing guys end the season saying that they want to be back with the Jets (even if they'll test FA) like Jordan Jenkins, Robby, etc.

Joe Douglas is heading into his FIRST offseason with control of FA and the Draft.....I think he has a 2-3 year plan in mind even if we want something quicker.  Just because fans have fatigue with this perpetual rebuild it's really just starting in Douglas' mind.  We're going to see some building blocks put together, notably on the OLine and at WR if I had to guess.

Excellent post...............................................................................You'll probably be banned.  :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

C'mon man, draft strategy is one of the most concealed items on any NFL team.

Probably only 3-4 people in the building have any real idea on what their draft strategy might be at this point.

It is almost certain to change between now and the draft

It takes about two seconds to say... "we need to get better at this" or "we are lacking here."  That's it.  The entire offense was a black hole.  So it's not like Douglas has to cover anybody's feelings.  What.. do you think I want them to release their Mock Draft Board in January?

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The last two GM's the Jets hired were arguably the two worst GM's in league history. Douglas being a bit more visible and detailed would be a positive. Just seems to be the same song and dance- e.g. the team battled, we like our young core, #momentum while the results on the field continue to stink...idk man, why not expect more? This feels like Maccagnan all over.

What exactly is Joe Douglas's plan? He's been the Jets GM for close to a year. Getting paid 7 mill per and we've heard from him twice.

His plan is to make the team better. You’re welcome. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

It takes about two seconds to say... "we need to get better at this" or "we are lacking here."  That's it.  The entire offense was a black hole.  So it's not like Douglas has to cover anybody's feelings.  What.. do you think I want them to release their Mock Draft Board in January?

We all know the needs on the team.  No need at this point to single out individual positions, and players.

IMO we all know  they will be adding, and subtracting OL, and probably WR.

These end of season PC's are done because they are required by the league.  Not inform fans, and other NFL teams what their plans for the coming season are

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

We all know the needs on the team.  No need at this point to single out individual positions, and players.

IMO we all know  they will be adding, and subtracting OL, and probably WR.

These end of season PC's are done because they are required by the league.  Not inform fans, and other NFL teams what their plans for the coming season are

I'm sorry.  But we dont know ___ .  We needed OL for the past five years and we added like two the whole time.  Nobody had a vague notion about what happens and that usually right before draft day.  If Douglas doesnt want to share anything that's fine wurh him.  But that still not going go stop me from wanting a bit more transparency.

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

I'm sorry.  But we dont know ___ .  We needed OL for the past five years and we added like two the whole time.  Nobody had a vague notion about what happens and that usually right before draft day.  If Douglas doesnt want to share anything that's fine wurh him.  But that still not going go stop me from wanting a bit more transparency.

yeah but have you seen the Auburn DT's #tape

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just watched the video and I have to wonder why the Jets don’t put Joe Douglas in front of the camera more. He comes off as polished and personable, like someone you’d trust to build you a football team. Why hide someone like this? 

Agree 100 %. Although he didn’t give any specifics about plans not that he should he just comes off as someone who has a vision on how a team should be built and Knows how to get that vision accomplished 

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Jets not airing this live....gutless. Hiding the GM again.

Now that his full presser has been posted you should take a listen. He wasn't vague about any of the questions and laid out how things are going to be done over the next few months and what transpired over the last year.

It's a shame that our worthless shltbag reporters can't convey a realistic tweet. What I read on this thread from our reporters was nothing like how the presser went. Talk about cherrypicking his words.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

Now that his full presser has been posted you should take a listen. He wasn't vague about any of the questions and laid out how things are going to be done over the next few months and what transpired over the last year.

It's a shame that our worthless shltbag reporters can't convey a realistic tweet. What I read on this thread from our reporters was nothing like how the presser went. Talk about cherrypicking his words.

That's the msm of today... they DON'T report the facts... they make up what they want & report it as fact.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That's the msm of today... they DON'T report the facts... they make up what they want & report it as fact.

It's all about CONTEXT when these reporters post these tweets and they obviously have an agenda. Why....I'm not sure but we've had crappy writers for as long as I can remember. 

When you listen to the actual presser it's comical that these clowns chose to post those tweets. All they want is controversy and relevance.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It was such a strange year in that the team and organization didn’t crumble after 1-7, or the first Dolphins loss, or the Bengals loss, or the Adams deadline tantrum, or the Osemele and Enunwa things, but they held it together and kept quiet. No way did I expect that to happen after any of those instances, but they did. I think it speaks well of the leadership on the team, which is also a new thing for us as Jets fans. In so many ways, it was a terrible year, but it was a different terrible because they avoided setting the dumpster on fire. 

Speaking of the Dolphins and Bengals, BOTH of those teams finished with victories.  In hindsight the Jets may not have been as bad as we think in finishing 6-2.  Sure, it would have been great to beat Cincinnati and flip the 1-7 first half of the season to a 7-1 second half, but that was simply a "bury the football" game.  The Dolphins beat a Patriots team that had everything to play for in trying to get a Bye.  The Bengals beat the Browns to end the season a week after playing a very competitive game against the Patriots (losing after trailing 13-10 at the Half).  They lost to Miami by 3 the week before that.

This was a wacky NFL season.  If the Jets don't blow that Week 1 game to Buffalo they end up sweeping the Bills this season and splitting with Miami.  Ignoring the games Darnold was out with Mono the Jets had two really, really bad losses (NE and Cincinnati) but had more than a handful of resilient wins against the Dolphins, Giants, Steelers, Cowboys, a blowout of the Raiders, etc.  And, if you recall the loss to the Ravens, that was a competitive game where the Jets knocked on the door several times (an incomplete to Robby on 4th down in the end zone, an incorrect route run by the #3 TE resulting in a Darnold INT deep in Ravens territory, etc.).  The Jets played hard in the 2nd half of the year.

• Upvote 2