Sam Darnold surgery (minor)

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Meanwhile...

Josh McCown played second half of Eagles wild-card loss with torn hamstring

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-mccown-played-second-half-of-eagles-wild-card-loss-with-torn-hamstring-will-undergo-surgery/

This is off topic but that hit by Clowney that knocked Wentz out of Sunday's wild-card game in the first quarter was vicious dirty. He intentionally took out Philly's QB which just about guaranteed a Seattle win. Clowney should have been thrown out of the game and banned for the remainder of the playoffs, plus a huge fine. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rob123 said:

If you actually read a newspaper and stepped out of the world away from this board for 2 minutes you would know he hurt it in the Jags game and has a recovery time of 9 days.

I would like to know the collective welfare benefits received by people on this board.

Why you think your not getting your fair share? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

image.png

I'm the King of Omelet!  It's my new thing the past 6 months.

Kinda like a salad (which is my new lunch thing).  Put whatever you want in there.  Just choose eggs or egg whites as your base and then your favorite 3-4 veggies, ground turkey (if you're thinking healthy) or bacon (if you're not).  Killer way to start the day and feel like you're treating your body well. #PayingItForward

Salad for lunch is the same deal.  Find a good base of lettuce, greens, etc. (like the eggs or egg whites) and then go nuts...carrots, onions, peppers, broccoli, Roma tomatoes, artichoke hearts, diced ham, turkey, etc. Pick what you like and ditch what you don't (mushrooms, pea pods, etc. in my case are always excluded). The key is the dressing...make it reasonably healthy but the key is to make it tasty (this is the indulgence with the salad) so that all the healthy things you're eating in that salad taste good.

Wait.

What are we talking about there?  My New Year's Resolutions?

#DownTo183lbs

#I'mTheNewGregDortch

• Haha 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Kinda like a salad (which is my new lunch thing).  Put whatever you want in there.  Just choose eggs or egg whites as your base and then your favorite 3-4 veggies, ground turkey (if you're thinking healthy) or bacon (if you're not).  Killer way to start the day and feel like you're treating your body well. #PayingItForward

Salad for lunch is the same deal.  Find a good base of lettuce, greens, etc. (like the eggs or egg whites) and then go nuts...carrots, onions, peppers, broccoli, Roma tomatoes, artichoke hearts, diced ham, turkey, etc. Pick what you like and ditch what you don't (mushrooms, pea pods, etc. in my case are always excluded). The key is the dressing...make it reasonably healthy but the key is to make it tasty (this is the indulgence with the salad) so that all the healthy things you're eating in that salad taste good.

Wait.

#DownTo183lbs

#I'mTheNewGregDortch

Does this work for weight loss I need to lose 20lbs. 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Does this work for weight loss I need to lose 20lbs. 

100%.  I wasn't really overweight per se.  Started at about 188 and 5'10", but I'm down 5 lbs. over a few months without changing my physical activity too much.  I'm a hike, bike or hit the gym guy about 2 times a week, maybe 3.....but not on a consistent workout routine.  I just find something to be active with for 30-45 minutes a few times a week....and everyone can do that!

What I've learned is that I'll never stick to a major diet or lifestyle change if it tastes bad and I'm miserable.  I credit the wife on this one.  She basically said, "You like eggs for breakfast....you eat salads along with dinner.  Mix it up!  Ditch the sh!t you don't like....but EVERYONE can identify at least 3 or 4 veggies they like (and probably 5 they don't!).  Find the right mix of healthy stuff that's tasty and doesn't make you feel like you're sacrificing anything!  If it's a salad for lunch throw some grilled chicken on there."

What I've learned is that there are ways to be healthy and be satisfied....and it's easier than you think.  Take some small step @joewilly12.  Find what works.  You might surprise yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Guys, with the way the Oline played this year Sam is fortunate that is the only surgery he needed.

Yeah, durability is nothing I'm worried about with Sam Darnold.  If not for mono, he'd have played in all 16 games running for his life half the time.

SAR I

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Wait.

#DownTo183lbs

#I'mTheNewGregDortch

Since we're shifting gears here,

One of my favorite omelettes is:  dice up some chicken-apple sausage (kind of a compromise between turkey and bacon on the health meter), then dice up some apple, and mix in some cheese (Gruyere is awesome but cheddar works).  You can certainly add vegetables to it as well, but that's a great platform to start from.  I'm also a big greek omelette fan (feta and tomato).  I could wax poetic about food for hours.  But then Crusher gets too excited and the mod room needs to be mopped.  Good times...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Since we're shifting gears here,

One of my favorite omelettes is:  dice up some chicken-apple sausage (kind of a compromise between turkey and bacon on the health meter), then dice up some apple, and mix in some cheese (Gruyere is awesome but cheddar works).  You can certainly add vegetables to it as well, but that's a great platform to start from.  I'm also a big greek omelette fan (feta and tomato).  I could wax poetic about food for hours.  But then Crusher gets too excited and the mod room needs to be mopped.  Good times...

Awesome. Chicken-apple sausage is a great idea....I might grab some of that for next time.

This is from this morning.  Onion, green pepper, broccoli, diced Roma tomato, cheddar in an egg white omelet with avocado.  Probably the most healthy thing I've eaten in a month. lol

IMG_0159.thumb.jpg.63ca9ab303589cdebce0a326c97164bd.jpg

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Awesome. Chicken-apple sausage is a great idea....I might grab some of that for next time.

This is from this morning.  Onion, green pepper, broccoli, diced Roma tomato, cheddar in an egg white omelet with avocado.  Probably the most healthy thing I've eaten in a month. lol

IMG_0159.thumb.jpg.63ca9ab303589cdebce0a326c97164bd.jpg

What about dinner? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1