2/3rds of Cousin’s Contract Complete. Minny Regret or are-Up?

32EBoozer

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m thinking they have to sign him to an extension. Too close now to start over. Imagine if Brady went to Minny with Theilin, Diggs, Rudolph and Cook? 

He turns 32 this Summer and they know what he can and can't do at this point.  Why run it back?

Besides, they're not going to be able to afford the Thielen/Diggs/Cook/Rudolph quartet AND a quality OL AND a quality Defense if they keep investing in Cousins.  Drafting a QB so they can operate on a cheap rookie deal makes a lot of sense.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

i.e. almost every single prime time game he's ever played in

Yep, last week he got lucky on that final TD pass and all I heard this week was that Cousins has removed the monkey from his back and will never have to hear 'can't win when it matters' and 'he chokes under the bright lights' again.

Total BS - he looked scared on the sidelines today. I'm so glad we dodged that bullet.

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Yep, last week he got lucky on that final TD pass and all I heard this week was that Cousins has removed the monkey from his back and will never have to hear 'can't win when it matters' and 'he chokes under the bright lights' again.

Total BS - he looked scared on the sidelines today. I'm so glad we dodged that bullet.

I think he’s something like 7 - 30 vs teams with winning records.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I would have never signed Cousins and campaigned heavily against him on here when Macc wanted him.

The guy puts up numbers but struggles mightily against good teams and good defenses. 

Yes and so does his team and OL ...At times he was getting killed but everyone finds it real easy to blame the QB for just about everything unless of course its a Jets QB then its about everything else and yes I have been guilty of that as well. Cousins is a really good QB but just like any QB the guy needs a chance and he had no chance vs a much better football team and pass rush. You don't have a 102 passer rating for the season because you suck lets just stop the silly crap his teams the Vikings and the Redskins lost because they got beat by superior teams ...give Cousins some protection yesterday and things might have been different. I mean at times he could not even finish his drop back and that is all designed in the play. At times Minny should have adjusted with quicker shorter throws but they didn't and they lost because of it not because of Cousins