Browns get their HC, Vikings former OC, Kevin Stefanski

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just to play devil's advocate here, Zimmer has always been a coach that's beloved by the players. If you're going to bring in a guy to corral that locker room, bringing in someone that's at least studied under a guy like that could be a good idea. Browns already have the talent for sure, they need more of a Gordon Bombay type.

I was thinking more of a Pete Bell.  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na, I'll look for the article but that's been the biggest problem with Cleveland.

Granted, I agreed with the Kitchens firing. I was supportive of it when it happened, but when watching the games you knew this guy wasn't ready for the responsibility. 

I did have a problem with the Dorsey firing, but I heard that he didn't want to fire Dorsey, but change his complete control. Which from the inside, hiring Kitchens warrants such a response by ownership afterwards. However Dorsey didn't want that so they decided to part ways. 

If Haslam was even a mediocre Owner, he would get a pass on this because in a vacuum I understand the move...but man, add this along with his past decisions.

This guy is making a case on why he's worse than the Johnson's

It was a pretty good article.

The funny part was both the Haslam's came off as very decent people. They both want to do things the right way, both for the team and the fans. They admitted to being embarrassed with the way they have run the organization. They said they want to have continuity, and vowed to change their ways.

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It was a pretty good article.

The funny part was both the Haslam's came off as very decent people. They both want to do things the right way, both for the team and the fans. They admitted to being embarrassed with the way they have run the organization. They said they want to have continuity, and vowed to change their ways.

Well they're surely going in the opposite direction of continuity. 

I dont think there's ever been a QB drafted as the franchise QB that ended up starting his career having 4 head coaches, 4 offensive coordinators and 3 offensive schemes while only playing 2 seasons off football. 

That has to be some sort of record.

With that said, it'll be great to see an offense that's more geared toward Mayfield's strengths as well as an offense that provides a QB something as simple as "check downs". Todd Monkin wanted everyone 10-15+ yards down the field, while knowing that he had some of the poorest Tackle play in the league and he wouldnt even provide Mayfield with a consistent checkdown option. Having a checkdown option will help cut down interceptions. The coaching design issue was something that even all that talent couldnt overcome. 

Folks dont know how unbalanced that entire offense was. a complete waste of a season.

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Our coach is Adam Gase, before him it was Todd Bowles. 

Glass houses. 

Browns are on their 8th coach in the past 10 years. Eric Mangini, Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Pettine, Hue Jackson, Greg Williams (Interim HC), Freddie Kitchens, and now Kevin Stefanski.

Jets have had just 3 head coaches over the past 10 years. Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, and Adam Gase.

Browns are the factory of sadness. They make the Jets look like they have stability.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Browns are on their 8th coach in the past 10 years. Eric Mangini, Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Pettine, Hue Jackson, Greg Williams (Interim HC), Freddie Kitchens, and now Kevin Stefanski.

Jets have had just 3 head coaches over the past 10 years. Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, and Adam Gase.

Browns are the factory of sadness. They make the Jets look like they have stability.

This is so corny. Nice copy and paste job on Rob Chudzinski's last name by the way. You literally had to copy and paste it. ?

Look at the white outline surrounding the name when I quote you.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Kevin Chudzinski

Most never even heard of Rob Chudzinski or knew that he was a Browns coach until Wiki became a thing. lol Many Jets fans continuing to show their insecurity, maybe because the Jets are a factory of insecurity.

Cool story bro.

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

That has always been the plan. No way you leave Indy hanging for any other reason in the world but that.
That wasn't a McDaniels douche move it was a Kraft Sith Lord move. You have to believe there were garauntees and Beaucoup $$$$

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 1/12/2020 at 7:18 PM, T0mShane said:

By the same token, imagine having to explain a personnel move to a Johnson brother before you’re allowed to make it. Imagine being a career personnel professional and explaining why you want to sign an offensive lineman to a guy who literally never earned a dollar in his life. 

Every owner is told of personnel moves because of the financial considerations, not for an OK based on his talent.  

Except for a Jerry Jones type

On 1/12/2020 at 7:35 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Except most QB's may not be in such an offensive scheme as well as having RB's like Chubb and Hunt to run the offense through, such as the situation that Mayfield is currently in. That's why showing the stats are relevant in his case. It may not be relevant for most QB's in the league. 

The Browns even have the receivers that are complimentary. OBJ is the Diggs of the offense and Landry is the route technician like Thielen. As im looking through the games it does seem like the Vikings run quite a bit of 3 TE sets, which means that the Browns will have to invest in atleast one to two more TE's.

They play with a big front. The Browns are definitely going to be looking for linemen in free agency and will probably be drafting a tackle with their 10th pick in the draft.

Exactly why Mayfields INTs are due to bonehead decisions and accuracy issues.  The NFL isn't Oklahoma, WRs aren’t wide open on every play.  

Schemes can lower his INT totals but hes not turning into Tannehill unless you go to short passes, fewer atts.  

Baker had OBJ, Landry & Njoku, the scheme is an excuse for bad QB play.    

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly why Mayfields INTs are due to bonehead decisions and accuracy issues.  The NFL isn't Oklahoma, WRs affect open on every play.  

Schemes can lower his INT totals but hes not turning into Tannehill unless you go to short passes, fewer atts.  

True

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly why Mayfields INTs are due to bonehead decisions and accuracy issues.  

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

True

Question. These INT's were due to nothing else? 

The NFL isn't Oklahoma, WRs affect open on every play.  

I doubt that the only reason why he threw INT's is because he went to OU and WR's are more open there than in the pro's. The Irony in that is this...That goes for every team in college. 

I can tell that most dont watch these games at all or even take the time to find out who's actually on the field. 

David Njoku was on IR for most of the season with a broken wrist. He only played in 5 games this season. Also, when Njoku's on the field, he's one of the more inconsistent catchers of the football amongst starting TE's since being drafted. He does have slight case of "Stone hands".

OBJ had more WR errors this season than any other WR in the league not named Michael Gallup of the Cowboys. 

A high percentage of INT's that baker threw, hit the hands of his receivers. Some were slightly behind or high, (accuracy issues, no doubt) but many were catchable passes. It's not like he was out there throwing pick 6's every game (Winston). Those are obviously not counting the passes that fell harmlessly to the ground...OBJ was notorious for dropping big passes what felt like atleast once per game. 

Take these facts and add it to the fact that the Browns offense had no tackles yet wanted receivers to run deep routes and when they didnt run deep routes they immediately went to the slant route, so much so that Baker Mayfield was #1 in the league at throwing the slant...which means that Freddie Kitchens offense was quite predictable. 

However, this doesnt excuse Mayfield from many other bad plays that were based on boneheaded decisions. Not at all. Dude had a bad season, however, not as bad as folks are diligently trying to make it. 

C'mon, lets not play this game that "The scheme is an excuse for bad QB play" while not saying that the scheme itself was in fact...BAD. The scheme and coaching was terrible. 

Lets be critical, not dishonest. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

The jets last 2 head coaches are beyond horrible 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is so corny. Nice copy and paste job on Rob Chudzinski's last name by the way. You literally had to copy and paste it. ?

Look at the white outline surrounding the name when I quote you. 

Most never even heard of Rob Chudzinski or knew that he was a Browns coach until Wiki became a thing. lol Many Jets fans continuing to show their insecurity, maybe because the Jets are a factory of insecurity.

Cool story bro.

Villian, no offense but that was pretty corny of you yourself. I copy and pasted from my own post. I'll will admit I'm horrible at the spelling of some names that end in ski. For example, I never spell out Duke basketball Coach K's last name, but I know damn well who the hell he is. But I digress. I have a pretty good memory about the NFL. I do like to use pro football reference when I'm fact checking, such as verifying something like how many coaches the Browns have had in the past decade. I didn't need pro football reference to remember Chudzinski was one and done in Cleveland. I probably could have done that without the help of pro football reference, but I like to make sure I got it right. I'll say this, you are VERY INSECURE when it comes to Baker Mayfield and the team he plays for. You can't say no to defending Baker. You're right up there with those Kobe Bryant stans back in the day. Difference is you're rooting for a JAG. At least Kobe was great. lol

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Question. These INT's were due to nothing else? 

I doubt that the only reason why he threw INT's is because he went to OU and WR's are more open there than in the pro's. The Irony in that is this...That goes for every team in college. 

I can tell that most dont watch these games at all or even take the time to find out who's actually on the field. 

David Njoku was on IR for most of the season with a broken wrist. He only played in 5 games this season. Also, when Njoku's on the field, he's one of the more inconsistent catchers of the football amongst starting TE's since being drafted. He does have slight case of "Stone hands".

OBJ had more WR errors this season than any other WR in the league not named Michael Gallup of the Cowboys. 

A high percentage of INT's that baker threw, hit the hands of his receivers. Some were slightly behind or high, (accuracy issues, no doubt) but many were catchable passes. It's not like he was out there throwing pick 6's every game (Winston). Those are obviously not counting the passes that fell harmlessly to the ground...OBJ was notorious for dropping big passes what felt like atleast once per game. 

Take these facts and add it to the fact that the Browns offense had no tackles yet wanted receivers to run deep routes and when they didnt run deep routes they immediately went to the slant route, so much so that Baker Mayfield was #1 in the league at throwing the slant...which means that Freddie Kitchens offense was quite predictable. 

However, this doesnt excuse Mayfield from many other bad plays that were based on boneheaded decisions. Not at all. Dude had a bad season, however, not as bad as folks are diligently trying to make it. 

C'mon, lets not play this game that "The scheme is an excuse for bad QB play" while not saying that the scheme itself was in fact...BAD. The scheme and coaching was terrible. 

Lets be critical, not dishonest. 

Sam would have done better with OBJ, Landry, Chubb and that OL

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Villian, no offense but that was pretty corny of you yourself. I copy and pasted from my own post. I'll will admit I'm horrible at the spelling some names that end in ski.

Relax. 

You were the first person to even mention Rob Chudzinski in the thread. 

Im busting ya balls man. ?

For example, I never spell out Duke basketball Coach K's last name, but I know damn well who the hell he is. But I digress. I have a pretty good memory about the NFL. I do like to use pro football reference when I'm fact checking, such as verifying something like how many coaches the Browns have had in the past decade. I didn't need pro football reference to remember Chudzinski was one and done in Cleveland. I probably could have done that without the help of pro football reference, but I like to make sure I got it right. I'll say this, you are VERY INSECURE when it comes to Baker Mayfield and the team he plays for. You can't say no to defending Baker. You're right up there with those Kobe Bryant stans back in the day. Difference is you're rooting for a JAG. At least Kobe was great. lol

Meh, That's why you had to copy and paste Chudzinski's name! 

Corny! lol.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is called "SPECULATION" Philc1. 

Which provides nothing substantial to the convo and means absolutely nothing. 

Cool story though...

The browns talent at skill positions and on defense is head and shoulders of what the jets had

not to mention they also had a better O-line

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The browns talent at skill positions and on defense is head and shoulders of what the jets had

not to mention they also had a better O-line

But you claim that Darnold is head and shoulders above Mayfield, so what difference does it make for Darnold? He's the clear cut more superior QB....right? 

lol.

These excuses dont work when we start peeling back why you're pointing fingers. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

But you claim that Darnold is head and shoulders above Mayfield, so what difference does it make for Darnold? He's the clear cut more superior QB....right? 

lol.

These excuses dont work when we start peeling back why you're pointing fingers. 

Darnold is significantly better than Mayfield

That’s a fact

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Both

Bowles was the worst to second worst coach his entire tenure.  Now Gase is down there

I believe it's more to do with the roster. Let's see what we do next season before we write Adam Gase off, after all we did finish 6-2. Yes it was a weak part of the schedule, but it's not easy winning games in the NFL, Philc. The team could have quit on Gase and they didn't. I'm glad we are keeping Darnold in the same system next year to give him more time to get comfortable in Gase's offense. If we don't make the playoffs next season, then I'm sure Woody will consider making some wholesale changes.

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe it's more to do with the roster. Let's see what we do next season before we write Adam Gase off, after all we did finish 6-2. Yes it was a weak part of the schedule, but it's not easy winning games in the NFL, Philc. The team could have quit on Gase and they didn't. I'm glad we are keeping Darnold in the same system next year to give him more time to get comfortable in Gase's offense. If we don't make the playoffs next season, then I'm sure Woody will consider making some wholesale changes.

Gase quit in games this year.  He overtly quit the last 5 minutes of the loss at Miami that’s not an issue with talent 

I’ve never seen a coach on any level high school, college nfl ever quit while a game could still potentially be tied or won