Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

1 hour ago, CTM said:

I don't have time right now and haven't been following the game since the catchup yesterday,. I'm VT so i'm as good a lynch candidate as any assuming we have numbers

Not going to bother reading if 80 is tunneling nor can I even place an educated vote since I didn't read starks lynch. Not sure what to do as I don't want to hold the game up, realistically I'm not going to be able to give this game proper attention till tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks for letting us know.  I've made my decision.  Not gonna wait that long to place my vote.  

Vote CTM

Okay, after catching up from this morning, here's where I'm at:

80: Feel pretty good about him right now. He's really become engaged and appears to be genuinely trying to figure the game out. That seems to be his thing as Town, looking scummy early on, before getting engaged in late game and finishing strong. Good on him.

Nolder: Still don't want to lynch. Been my best town-read all game.

Verb: Still think he could be scummy, but I appreciate his upped game the last few pages, and am willing to give him a short reprieve for now.

CTM: With Crusher's death and town flip (RIP) who I was looking at for scum, CTM now looks like a candidate for scum. I was reading him town all game, but I did mention early on that I have a habit of always reading him town. I do trust the fatman's instincts, though.

I'm with 80; I'm only willing to lynch Verb or CTM today. I'm gonna mull it over for a bit before I decide, though.

4 hours ago, Verbal said:

I among others called some of his posts town, it's all there in the thread.

Yes, as did I, at times. But I saw several other players also call some of his other posts out as scum. I don't recall you questioning a single post of his. So, either you're the worst scum hunter there is, or you didn't want to call him scummy. Just seems fishy to me.

4 hours ago, Verbal said:

Why would I lynch somebody I was feeling town on?  In what way is that a good idea?  I'm all ears...

Again, not sure why he was such a strong town read of yours in the first place.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Stark's first post of the game.  This would be 80-level distancing out of the gate if Spoot is his teammate.

FWIW, this has been Stark's MO for the past few games now. He's desperately trying to get an 80/verb type rivalry with me going. It's totes adorbs.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just FYI, since @Nolder is still alive, this was a subtle signal I was sending that he may understand.  He repped me for the post at the time.

I remember Nolder once saying a long time ago that you should never reveal if you'e Vanilla Town until you absolutely have to.  I don't listen to much of what he suggests as far as Mafia strategy goes.  But I did pay attention to that, as it made sense.

I'm VT.  

I remember this from Nolder, too. It's what I was alluding too earlier, and why I figured out he may be trying to draw the NK.

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

It's very unreliable. People rep at different times and often for different reasons. 

I've always felt like maybe we should have a talk or a rule about not giving any rep after dying or whatever but it's not been an issue yet so I didn't say anything.

Yeah, this. I have a rule for myself that I don't rep any game-related posts after I'm dead, UNLESS it's making a funny joke.

Verb has actually helped put up a pretty decent case against CTM, and I do want to allow CTM to put up a counter-case. There's currently no deadline and the day phase just started, so there's time. I don't foresee us having any trouble in achieving a lynch, anyway.

Also, how certain are we that there's only 1 scum left? Because, if we're wrong, and there's 2 and we mislynch, then it's game over.

33 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yes, as did I, at times. But I saw several other players also call some of his other posts out as scum. I don't recall you questioning a single post of his. So, either you're the worst scum hunter there is, or you didn't want to call him scummy. Just seems fishy to me.

Again, not sure why he was such a strong town read of yours in the first place.

I mean, this is one game that I've clearly gotten wrong, not sure that qualifies as "worst there is", lol.  You like to exaggerate a lot, don't you?

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Verb has actually helped put up a pretty decent case against CTM, and I do want to allow CTM to put up a counter-case. There's currently no deadline and the day phase just started, so there's time. I don't foresee us having any trouble in achieving a lynch, anyway.

Also, how certain are we that there's only 1 scum left? Because, if we're wrong, and there's 2 and we mislynch, then it's game over.

I like that you called this out.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks for letting us know.  I've made my decision.  Not gonna wait that long to place my vote.  

Vote CTM

I'm not voting yet.  I'd like to wait for tomorrow and see what CTM comes back with.  With no deadline, and there not likely to be one set before CTM can come back, why not wait?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I'm not voting yet.  I'd like to wait for tomorrow and see what CTM comes back with.  With no deadline, and there not likely to be one set before CTM can come back, why not wait?

I guess I just figured I have nothing more to add at the moment, so might as well vote.  I have no problem with anyone else waiting on CTM.  Just gonna be a boring 24 hours or so is all, lol.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess I just figured I have nothing more to add at the moment, so might as well vote.  I have no problem with anyone else waiting on CTM.  Just gonna be a boring 24 hours or so is all, lol.  

Pretty sure you're a pro at the waiting game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

We're not certain, but 3/9 scum makes little sense.  Especially since we've seen an awful lot of VT flips and just 1 power role flip.  CTM has claimed VT, as have I.  If town, CTM would very likely be telling the truth with the VT claim.  If Scum, CTM claiming VT would reflect his understanding that its a vanilla setup.

Town would have to be powered up to justify a 3 scum/6 town setup, I would say.  2/9 (22 %) fits in closely with the 25 % scum model we've used for years here, especially in a vanilla setup.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're not certain, but 3/9 scum makes little sense.  Especially since we've seen an awful lot of VT flips.  CTM has claimed VT, as have I.  

Town would have to be powered up to justify that setup, I would say.  2/9 fits in with the 25 % scum model we've used for years here, especially in a vanilla setup.  

That was basically my thinking, too.

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

A beaver and a Ukranian mail-order bride?

Yep. She's basically the Ukranian Shakira, but, you know, hotter.

She's also a very wealthy and respected doctor.

Sex doctor, specifically.

And she has two vaginas.

Yep. Really lucky, I am.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And she has two vaginas.

Yep. Really lucky, I am.

Is this benficial so you can invite a friend in, or......

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And she has two vaginas.

Yep. Really lucky, I am.

So does 80, but he was still a virgin for 30 years, what's your point?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're not certain, but 3/9 scum makes little sense.  Especially since we've seen an awful lot of VT flips and just 1 power role flip.  CTM has claimed VT, as have I.  If town, CTM would very likely be telling the truth with the VT claim.  If Scum, CTM claiming VT would reflect his understanding that its a vanilla setup.

Town would have to be powered up to justify a 3 scum/6 town setup, I would say.  2/9 (22 %) fits in closely with the 25 % scum model we've used for years here, especially in a vanilla setup.  

I've done 30% more than a few times but when I do I always give the town extra PRs.

Im not seeing that this game. Then again I'm not modding.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

We just want your input.

My input is that I'm being rail roaded by 80 because I dont have time to engage. A quick scan looks like I'm the lynch today so rereading 15 pages and delaying the game just isnt worth it to me

Best to just kill me and deal with him tomorrow. The numbers should allow for it 

3 hours ago, CTM said:

My input is that I'm being rail roaded by 80 because I dont have time to engage. A quick scan looks like I'm the lynch today so rereading 15 pages and delaying the game just isnt worth it to me

Best to just kill me and deal with him tomorrow. The numbers should allow for it 

I'm not convinced it's you at this point. If you'll have the time before Friday night I can wait.

Up to you.