Draft Rumors

SR24

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll take the guy that won the trade, JD.  Head-to-head victory.  

Not to mention, JD has yet to draft a Running Back # 2 overall, or pass on a pretty good QB class to take an inaccurate, fumble prone QB from Duke.  

I'll give Gettleman credit though, he's hit on several mid-rounders.

JD did exactly what Macc was going to do. Writing was on the wall after Macc picked Q. Hardly an endorsement of JD.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll take the guy that won the trade, JD.  Head-to-head victory.  

Not to mention, JD has yet to draft a Running Back # 2 overall, or pass on a pretty good QB class to take an inaccurate, fumble prone QB from Duke.  

I'll give Gettleman credit though, he's hit on several mid-rounders.

The inaccurate QB who had a TD:INT ratio of 2:1 in his rookie year and a 62% completion %? 

2 minutes ago, jbone said:

The inaccurate QB who had a TD:INT ratio of 2:1 in his rookie year and a 62% completion %? 

Yes, I said it.  Inaccurate.  62 % sounds great to Jets fans because of the awful QBs we've had historically.  It ranked # 24 in the league last year.  

He also was # 20 in air yards per attempt and # 27 in YPA.  Meaning he's a dink n dunk guy.  

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

It is pretty awesome yes. I guess you rather not have the 68th pick. I digress. 

I would've preferred to either keep Leo or pick up a late round or FA run stuffer and use the third overall pick on an impact position such as EDGE.

3 minutes ago, jbone said:

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I said it.  Inaccurate.  62 % sounds great to Jets fans because of the awful QB we've had historically.  It ranked # 24 in the league last year.  

He also was # 20 in air yards per attempt and # 27 in YPA.  Meaning he's a dink n dunk guy.  

Ryan Tannehill lead the league in YPA last year but let me guess he's a dink and dunker, also.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I said it.  Inaccurate.  62 % sounds great to Jets fans because of the awful QBs we've had historically.  It ranked # 24 in the league last year.  

How'd that compare to Darnold's rookie year?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Ryan Tannehill lead the league in YPA last year but let me guess he's a dink and dunker, also.

Don't care about Tannehill in this discussion but his Air Yards/Attempt was 3rd in the league last year.  Somehow he went from dink n dunk in Miami to airing it out in Tennessee.  Which is exactly what you want to do when you have a great power running game.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You’re wrong and so is that site. JD traded Leo midseason. And Quinnen’s number blow Leo away.

You caught me editing. I made it more clear in the re-edit.

And what numbers do you speak of? Body fat percentage? Metal-to-teeth ratio?

3 minutes ago, jbone said:

How'd that compare to Darnold's rookie year?

What does that have to do with Gettleman taking a RB at # 2 overall and taking almost guaranteed bust Daniel Jones the next year?

If he really didn't like the QBs in the 2018 class, the proper move was to trade down.  

And for the record, I'm not sold on Darnold yet.  Just saying Gettleman has royally f**ked up his 1st round decisions the last 2 drafts.  And trading for Leo when you're a rebuilding team was straight up dumb. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't care about Tannehill in this discussion but his Air Yards/Attempt was 3rd in the league last year.  Somehow he went from dink n dunk in Miami to airing it out in Tennessee.  Which is exactly what you want to do when you have a great power running game.

JAG - Gase = stud.

I wonder if anyone predicted that?

image.png.097901f2191be48c2de291ef3daeb8e3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

I would've preferred to either keep Leo or pick up a late round or FA run stuffer and use the third overall pick on an impact position such as EDGE.

I was banging the table for Josh Allen or to trade back if Bosa wasn’t there. Different GM. Douglas could’ve easily just let Leo walk for nothing, instead he got a 3rd round pick from a 4 win football team.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What does that have to do with Gettleman taking a RB at # 2 overall and taking almost guaranteed bust Daniel Jones the next year?

If he really didn't like the QBs in the 2018 class, the proper move was to trade down.  

And for the record, I'm not sold on Darnold yet.  

I don't know, you tell me? It's your argument.  Seems like Jones had a pretty solid rookie year. Don't see how it supports your premise.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jbone said:

I don't know, you tell me? It's your argument.  Seems like Jones had a pretty solid rookie year. Don't see how it supports your premise.

Based on the numbers you presented, he had an OK rookie year.  Factoring in the fumbling issues, he had a subpar rookie year.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He also led the league in QBR. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jbone said:

When another team's QB sucks, he sucks. When our QB sucks, it's because of literally everything else.

Jones showed plenty last year for Giants fans to at least be as optimistic as Jets fans about their QB situation.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

When another team's QB sucks, he sucks. When our QB sucks, it's because of literally everything else.

Jones showed plenty last year for Giants fans to at least be as optimistic as Jets fans in their QB situation.

I didn't intend for this to be Daniel Jones vs Darnold.  It's about Gettleman sucking and being optimistic about Douglas.

Douglas didn't draft Darnold, so that part of it is moot anyways.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I didn't intend for this to be Daniel Jones vs Darnold.  It's about Gettleman sucking and being optimistic about Douglas.

Douglas didn't draft Darnold, so that part of it is moot anyways.  

Doesn't seem to be interested in bringing in any real competition. He owns Darnold now.

By the way, when I started a thread about how it was a bit odd that there isn't the lick of a rumor about JD considering bringing in "his guy" at QB, I was scolded because "duh, JD chose this job because we have Sam."

If you buy a purple car and don't change the paint, you own a purple car.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

By every objective measure he had an excellent season.  I'll be very interested to see if he can come close to duplicating it next year.

I hope he does. We need to bring back game managers and not relying on Top QBs to win. Good teams should be built on a solid bend/don’t break turnover causing defense and balanced offense that has a strong OL where a committee of running backs can do well and not be ruined by an injury to 1 superstar/bell cow RB. 

Use game manager QBs while maintaining a solid roster until you capture lightening in a bottle and draft a really good young QB who can thrive on a rookie deal and win a Super Bowl since his supporting cast is so strong. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Doesn't seem to be interested in bringing in any real competition. He owns Darnold now.

By the way, when I started a thread about how it was a bit odd that there isn't the lick of a rumor about JD considering bringing in "his guy" at QB, I was scolded because "duh, JD chose this job because we have Sam."

If you buy a purple car and don't change the paint, you own a purple car.

I can understand this worry, but I think Douglas is just playing triage this year.  Even if he's concerned about the QB room, it was near the bottom of his priority list to address this offseason.  

Hopefully he brings in Matt Moore or another decent veteran to assuage a little bit of the QB2 concerns. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Based on the numbers you presented, he had an OK rookie year.  Factoring in the fumbling issues, he had a subpar rookie year.  

You have to bounce it against other rookie seasons to determine if it was great, good, ok or bad. Safe to assume you didn't have time to do that. Unless you're going by the "eye" test. Than have at it!

• Buzz has surfaced about the Giants having a trade partner. While it is not certain the Jaguars are that team, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports tweets several GMs have pointed to the Giants moving down from No. 4 and the Jags climbing up from No. 8. The Giants are believed to be serious about wanting to move down. Although the Jaguars are believed to be planning to give Gardner Minshew a legitimate opportunity, JLC speculates a move up would be for a quarterback.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can understand this worry, but I think Douglas is just playing triage this year.  Even if he's concerned about the QB room, it was near the bottom of his priority list to address this offseason.  

Hopefully he brings in Matt Moore or another decent veteran to assuage a little bit of the QB2 concerns. 

Agree a decent veteran would be nice. Not as high on Matt Moore as others and he sure beats David Fails but I'd like to put at least a credible challenge to the laid back Cali kid and see how he responds.