Draft Rumors

SR24

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Good luck with that. 

The Lions aren't dropping all the way down to 18. 

Toss in next year's 1 along with 2 first rounders this year and they might. 

The important thing about this rumor is it confirms the dolphins are going QB at 5; they want to go to 3 for Thomas, but they're not willing to take Thomas at 5 and let the chips fall where they may at QB for their later picks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RobR said:

People keep talking like he has the lowest floor of any of these prospects and I don't agree with that assessment at all. His floor is a pro bowl RT and his ceiling is the best LT in the game in a couple of years. 

People keep talking about how he is going too eat himself out of the league and that is the furthest from the truth. When he weighed in at 364 lbs. he had 17% body fat, which is incredible. He's just one of those freaks that needs some time, and the team that drafts him will be rewarded. People like Becton don't grow on trees.

Completely agree. Kids also has a mean streak to his blocking; he likes to obliterate people, not just block them

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Being connected to rumors of making a big leap in the first round, the Falcons attempted to craft a major trade-up. They tried to move from No. 16 to No. 2 to draft Chase Young, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports (on Twitter).

Young was indeed Atlanta’s target at No. 2, but Glazer adds the Redskins view the Ohio State pass rusher as too valuable to part ways with the draft’s second pick (Twitter link). This may have been the “complete offer” ESPN’s Josina Anderson referenced earlier Wednesday.

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff is not new to big-game hunting in the draft. In 2011, he executed a trade that vaulted the Falcons from No. 23 to No. 6. That selection produced a future Hall of Fame player in Julio Jones. Dimitroff’s efforts this time around have thus far been unsuccessful. But Atlanta has been linked to a trade-up for several days now; a tackle may be another target in this pursuit.

Just now, jgb said:

Yeah we are so smart turning the number 6 into the number 68 while drafting his clone at 3.

And the odds of 68 becoming a player better than the unspectacular Leo is like 8%

Would you have given up a 3 for Leo? Mind you it was a different regime who picked him....

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Completely agree. Kids also has a mean streak to his blocking; he likes to obliterate people, not just block them

I've been his biggest proponent on here from the beginning....I even had to twist Bitontis arm a few times before he finally came around. Kid just turned 21 last week and still grew almost two inches from high school to now, which is unheard of.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, prime21 said:

CB??

Walter football - Charlie Campbell

11. jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville Louisville_logo.gif

Becton has weight issues, and some teams have medical concerns with him relating to his back. 

That worries me. How extensive are his back issues? It's not like he's going to drop a ton of weight to lessen the stress.

This is from Tony Pauline's mock regarding Becton.  Any concern with fit in Gase's scheme based on this? I think he has a lot of potential (like some of you have pointed out) and could be a massive upgrade.

"Becton is a massive lineman who showed consistent progress and comes with big upside. He’s an athletic right tackle who should be effective in pass protection and as a run blocker, but he’ll be minimally effective in motion or if placed in a zone-blocking scheme".

31 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Toss in next year's 1 along with 2 first rounders this year and they might. 

The important thing about this rumor is it confirms the dolphins are going QB at 5; they want to go to 3 for Thomas, but they're not willing to take Thomas at 5 and let the chips fall where they may at QB for their later picks

Or maybe it's the opposite. Tua at 3 and Thomas at 5.

It's a weird position they're in. If you take Thomas at 3, you take the risk of the Chargers trading up to 4 and taking Tua. But if you take Tua at 3, risk the Giants taking Thomas. It's a tricky situation 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Gettlemen > JD until proven otherwise 

If I was starting a team today I’d take Gettleman over JD without hesitation 

That’s fair, but trading Leo, an impending free agent that was from the prior regime for a 3rd round pick is pretty awesome. I rather have the 14% chance “answer” that you mentioned, rather than losing Leo to FA and not have the pick.... 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

"Becton is a massive lineman who showed consistent progress and comes with big upside. He’s an athletic right tackle who should be effective in pass protection and as a run blocker, but he’ll be minimally effective in motion or if placed in a zone-blocking scheme".

I'll counter with this. If he's long and athletic how would he not fit a zone blocking scheme? The truth is he's scheme diverse just like most of the other top prospects.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Gettlemen > JD until proven otherwise 

If I was starting a team today I’d take Gettleman over JD without hesitation 

I'll take the guy that won the trade, JD.  Head-to-head victory.  

Not to mention, JD has yet to draft a Running Back # 2 overall, or pass on a pretty good QB class to take an inaccurate, fumble prone QB from Duke.  

I'll give Gettleman credit though, he's hit on several mid-rounders.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

That’s fair, but trading Leo, an impending free agent that was from the prior regime for a 3rd round pick is pretty awesome. I rather have the 14% chance “answer” that you mentioned, rather than losing Leo to FA and not have the pick.... 

Is it, though?

image.png.05f500b02375a2e026627ea228fd0d6f.png

PS: The prior regime made the Leo trade inevitable.

• Upvote 1