Draft Rumors

SR24

1 minute ago, King P said:

So apparently the Dolphins are trying to trade up from 18 to 3. Seems like the want both the 3rd and 5th picks.

Idk if Detroit would do it, that's quite a drop from 3 to 18. It would take the Dolphins 18th & 26th pick, as well as 1 of their 2nd round picks (maybe both) and who knows what else.

Nuts!! Wouldn’t put it past Patricia 

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if cleveland trades for trent they're going to trade back with denver so they can take a wr.  this would really increase the odds that becton falls to 11.

I think they'd stat and take Simmons if he's there.  If they were smart they would.  Simmons is the kind of freak of nature that would be great at tracking down Lamar Jackson for the next 10 years 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think they'd stat and take Simmons if he's there.  If they were smart they would.  Simmons is the kind of freak of nature that would be great at tracking down Lamar Jackson for the next 10 years 

i don't see simmons making it to 10 but stranger things have happened.  

6 minutes ago, King P said:

So apparently the Dolphins are trying to trade up from 18 to 3. Seems like the want both the 3rd and 5th picks.

Idk if Detroit would do it, that's quite a drop from 3 to 18. It would take the Dolphins 18th & 26th pick, as well as 1 of their 2nd round picks (maybe both) and who knows what else.

That would be ridiculous for Miami, they can get their QB and OT

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

everyone the jets want are not going to be drafted in the top 10 picks.  there are coveted cbs, DTs who other teams will target.  not every team has ignored OL for more than a decade like the jets.

3 QB’s, 4 OT’s Chase Young, Okuhda, and Lamb are your top 10 picks.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, King P said:

The fishies certainly have the draft capital to pull that off. I don't know why they wouldn't try to go from 5 to 3 and get up to 7 instead. Seems simpler logistically and I'm sure the Panthers would be open to adding draft capital. Unless they think the Chargers take their tackle at 6. 

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

If the Dolphins choose anyone other than quarterback Tua Tagovailoa with the No. 5 pick, it’ll come as a surprise to ESPN’s Jeff Darlington based on what he’s been hearing (Twitter link)

Darlington also said he had it on good terms that the Dolphins don't want Tua a couple of weeks back

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

1.  You guys have to stop making believe he had "ZERO time"on every play. #exaggeration. Darnold made some good plays when he had time, and he made some bad ones too. It wasn't all the OL. It was Darnold also.

2.  Saying Sam is a "VERY good QB" is based on nothing factual. It's purely you letting you fandom cloud your judgement.  He's played two seasons, and hasn't been better than a bottom 10 QB either year. No way that is a "VERY good QB". Sorry.

3.  Saying he "could be Very Great given the TIME to throw" What the heck, we're Jets fans. If we can't hope and dream for pie in the sky, what else have we got going for us? At this point, I'd be happy if he ends up being somewhere between 12-18 in the league. That would be a big step forward.

Sure, he should have been able to hit an open OBJ and Landry when he had time...wait - he didn't have any real weapons? Hmmm - and his line was the worst in the league...but he ended 6-2. Interesting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Teams are getting smarter.

You do not need to panic to get a Qb if they are not franchise guys (Tua and Herbert)

You do not draft a run stuffing DT early no matter if he is a 'disruptor' (Brown)

You do not draft an athlete with no position early.  (Simmons)

So the rest of the league learned from the Jets?

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s finally hitting me that it’s really almost draft time. 1st draft in a while without terrible GMs. Even if it’s hope in the unknown of Douglas, it’s still hope and this draft is specifically deep at our areas of need. 

Think about how angry you’re going to be once we trade up for a DT. 

• Haha 4

CB??

Walter football - Charlie Campbell

11. jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville Louisville_logo.gif

Team sources told me they thought the Jets were leaning toward taking an offensive tackle or cornerback in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft. I think Jedrick Wills is their preferred tackle, but I think New York would be happy with Mekhi Becton or Andrew Thomas. If CeeDee Lamb got to this pick, it would be a tough decision but I heard the Jets' preference is to take a tackle. Considering how much they have invested in Sam Darnold, it would make sense for them to put some resources into his blocking front. 

Becton (6-7, 364) is a massive blocker who is a good athlete for his size. For the next level, it would help him to trim some weight and get in better condition. Becton has weight issues, and some teams have medical concerns with him relating to his back. However, some team sources have said he is extremely talented with a ton of upside. They say Becton has freak show athletic ability for a player of his size, calling him a more athletic version of Trent Brown. They think Becton could be a franchise left tackle, and some sources believe he could end up going as top-16 selection in the 2020 NFL Draft.

• WTF? 1

49 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

3 QB’s, 4 OT’s Chase Young, Okuhda, and Lamb are your top 10 picks.

If that's the case get on the phone!  Brown, Simmons and CJ Henderson are available and I'm making a deal with the Falcons for #16, #78, #119 and a 2021 3rd rounder.  Unless the offer from the Ravens of #28, #55, #92, a 2021 second rounder and RB Gus Edwards is too good to pass up.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

CB??

11. jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville Louisville_logo.gif

Team sources told me they thought the Jets were leaning toward taking an offensive tackle or cornerback in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft. I think Jedrick Wills is their preferred tackle, but I think New York would be happy with Mekhi Becton or Andrew Thomas. If CeeDee Lamb got to this pick, it would be a tough decision but I heard the Jets' preference is to take a tackle. Considering how much they have invested in Sam Darnold, it would make sense for them to put some resources into his blocking front. 

Becton (6-7, 364) is a massive blocker who is a good athlete for his size. For the next level, it would help him to trim some weight and get in better condition. Becton has weight issues, and some teams have medical concerns with him relating to his back. However, some team sources have said he is extremely talented with a ton of upside. They say Becton has freak show athletic ability for a player of his size, calling him a more athletic version of Trent Brown. They think Becton could be a franchise left tackle, and some sources believe he could end up going as top-16 selection in the 2020 NFL Draft.

I saw one crazy mock that had Jeff Okudah available at 11. If that were the case he would be very tempting.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

If that's the case get on the phone!  Brown, Simmons and CJ Henderson are available and I'm making a deal with the Falcons for #16, #78, #119 and a 2021 3rd rounder.  Unless the offer from the Ravens of #28, #55, #92 and RB Gus Edwards is too good to pass up.

#16, #78, #119 and a 2021 3rd rounder.....I'd do that in a second!  We'd be guaranteed a choice of Jeudy, Ruggs, CJ Henderson, Justin Jefferson, Josh Jones or Austin Jackson at #16.  I'd take any of them given we'd back on the clock at #48, 68, 78 and 79.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I saw one crazy mock that had Jeff Okudah available at 11. If that were the case he would be very tempting.

He would be tempting....but he'd also be a huge bargaining chip for a trade back, even just a couple of spots.  Teams would overpay I believe.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, prime21 said:

CB??

Team sources told me they thought the Jets were leaning toward taking an offensive tackle or cornerback in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Charlie's had that as the opening line for the Jets' pick for a couple months now. Take it with a spoonful of salt. 

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Agreed, but I think this year the Jets are in a great position to trade back, due to the teams picking behind us and their needs. 

I hope so. I just wonder if the top OTs and QBs are gone - who is the player that someone will pay full price to move up for. 

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He would be tempting....but he'd also be a huge bargaining chip for a trade back, even just a couple of spots.  Teams would overpay I believe.

Honestly, I would love to trade out of 11 for more picks. Of course, we would need a trading partner.

• Upvote 1